The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Why Do You Get Prime Frames?

Ibro156

9 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Umbra won't be like primes. DE said that themselves and have said time and time again (unfortunately people don't listen and keep asking about umbra nonstop....) that the reason it hasn't come out yet is because they're taking their time to make sure the lore and reasoning and purpose for them is good, and more than "just another alt version/skin". Their abilities may very well even be different than the standard/prime frames. Maybe not much- but slightly. That's ofc just conjecture on my part.

Wrong thread buddy.

4 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Nope. Go reread the OP. The OP stated they hoped Umbra wouldn't be like Prime frames, so I just let them know they won't be. :)

Are you sure about that?  

Excal umbra in china has some significant buffs compared to excal prime in the rest of the world 

There will be a lot of salt if he doesn't have the same stats in the international build. 

Also umbra in chinaframe has the same abilitys

1 minute ago, Helch0rn said:

Are you sure about that?  

Excal umbra in china has some significant buffs compared to excal prime in the rest of the world 

There will be a lot of salt if he doesn't have the same stats in the international build. 

Also umbra in chinaframe has the same abilitys

Yes I'm sure- straight from DE's mouths.

Excalibur Umbra PRIME* in China- and chinaframe's build is ENTIRELY different. Their stats and EVERYTHING are different.

They have no reason to be salty- as stated above chinaframe's stats are different on tons of stuff, there's no reason to expect the stats from over there will carry over to here when DE has repeatedly and explicitly stated that the builds are different and do not influence each other.

Again- excalibur umbra PRIME and in the chinaframe version. The versions are separate. Aside from umbra PRIME- we WILL get everything they get, but they may function differently and be balanced differently. Again like I said it's just wild speculation on my part that the Umbra abilities might be slightly different from the normal/prime frames. I'm just stating possibilities.

1 hour ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

1. Collect everything, sell nothing

2. Fashionframe

Pretty much this. 

However I keep my normal warframe as well, just so i can use some horrible augment mods and make non-meta builds, also i use them on pvp. 

Edited by Lokime

I'm seeing waay to little "because shiny" replies on this thread.

But all kidding aside, the advantages are:

- They have more polarities (Nova is an exception, as you have to forma OUT one of the extra V polarities to make her useful).

- They all get a straight buff to one of their stats (Volt has increased energy, Trinity has increased shields, Rhino has increased sprint speed, etc.).

- They all gain the 'prime effect', which pulses energy to all nearby teammates on contact with an Orokin Death Orb.

- They all get a new skin, which has considerably more shiny bits and MUCH better physics-based rendering (PBR).

- They give you Mastery Experience when you level them, like everything else in the game.

There really aren't any disadvantages.

Unless you get someone like Nyx Prime, who hasn't received the full PBR treatment yet: the gold trim can clash with certain color schemes.  However, that's a purely aesthetic problem.

1 hour ago, Ibro156 said:

I've really don't have a compulsive lore reason to get them. The only time I ever do is when they look better then their standard counterpart. If not, I won't bother try getting them if they don't look good to me. I hope Umbra isn't like that.

Anyways, what about you? What's your reason?

Have you seen the difference in butt definition between the base frames and their prime counterparts? This alone serves enough reason.

Edited by CoRRh

1. Gold, fashion, swag.

2. Collecting stuff is kind of the only lasting purpose we have...

3. Better stats, death orbs

I actually don't see why you wouldn't want to get the prime, except one reason that is avoiding the grind.

Since you can use normal skins (at least normal helmets with immortal an tennogen skins) on prime versions.

Edited by matto

i have about 1/3 prime frames... the frames I main are mostly prime because they are a bit faster, bit more tanky, etc.   Rhino Prime looks much better than regular prime also.  

many prime frames I'd rather sell, simply because i don't use them very often.  Ash is a good example: i'd rather sell ash if I get a full set, considering I don't play him often. 

If I may sling some negativity on this topic.

I would steer the direction of the conversation to the lower ranks, those who i see wanting to go on a farm for X frame, when they haven't even levelled the original/vanilla frame. There should be a direct lock on primes, where you can only build them once you've built the original or a MR rank lock

But that just feels too much like common sense to be acknowledged :)

MR2's wanting Saryn prime just "cos reasons" and knowing nothing of her playstyle seems random to me.

Spend a few runs getting a frame easily, OR spend hours in the void totally unequipped riding on the coattails of the other players.

Same opinion i have with seeing MR2's at Draco or Sechura.

W4R

16 minutes ago, CoRRh said:

Have you seen the difference in butt definition between the base frames and their prime counterparts? This alone serves enough reason.

Your not nice are you. I want a statement or a quote you can find any lore reason I should I try to get them. And try not to use the Saryn Prime trailer, because it's a obvious one

1 minute ago, Ibro156 said:

Your not nice are you. I want a statement or a quote you can find any lore reason I should I try to get them. And try not to use the Saryn Prime trailer, because it's a obvious one

And you don't seem to have a sense of humour. Nobody here has to persuade you.

You don't have to get prime frames, its optional.

If you don't want a prime frame don't get one. 

The facts are:

• Buffs to stats, energy, polarities.
  • Looks richer.
  • Gets 250 energy from orokin death orbs

People also tend to respect you better in pubs if you have a prime variant. 

Prime weapons also contain rather large stat buffs. Do you get those? Or do you just not bother. 

Lore wise there's not a huge amount. There are paragraphs in the codex full of lore one a few frames. But those can be accessed via the wiki. 

If you really want to, you can just stick with normal frames. Although I personally don't see why you wouldn't want the stat increase. And the mastery.

tl;dr - Do what you want.