Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we ALWAYS marked by the Stalker?

(XBOX)SgtFunBun

Question

19 answers to this question

A mark from the Stalker, G3 or Zanuka is consumed when they attack you.  In the case of the latter two you can only have one mark at a time so you'll have to re-farm a fresh mark to get them to attack again.

In contrast, Stalker marks can stack if you earn them by killing different bosses.  Ie, you can have one mark from Jackal and another from Alad V.  When he talks to you prior to spawning he'll mention the name of the boss who's mark caused him to appear.  It can be a bit of a pain to keep track of how many / which marks you have.  Generally I just wait until I'm all out and then run 4-8 bosses in sequence to restock on marks.

You get one mark for every boss you kill multiple times... if you killed a lot of bosses then the mark will stay there until stalker's marks are gone... although if there is a way to see how many marks we have left we can tell how many more times stalker can go after you

Edited by NobleParadox96
adding more reason

43 minutes ago, RideaTear said:

You get a mark each time you kill a boss and the marks stack. If you kill him/vice versa more than you've accumulated marks than yes the mark will go away. 

That's false. You only get a mark when he mails you. (how nice of him)

@OP stalker's marks stack, this is why you feel like you're always marked.

Just now, Trichouette said:

That's false. You only get a mark when he mails you. (how nice of him)

@OP stalker's marks stack, this is why you feel like you're always marked.

How is that false? He mails you after you get done killing a boss. Its exactly what you said here:  @OP stalker's marks stack, this is why you feel like you're always marked. Just in different words.

Just now, RideaTear said:

How is that false? He mails you after you get done killing a boss. Its exactly what you said here:  @OP stalker's marks stack, this is why you feel like you're always marked. Just in different words.

I think was what he was trying to say is that stalker doesn't mail you after EVER boss kill. It usually takes a couple for him to do it.

10 minutes ago, RideaTear said:

9 minutes ago, Tyranem said:

I think was what he was trying to say is that stalker doesn't mail you after EVER boss kill. It usually takes a couple for him to do it.

Exact, he doesn't mail you EVERY TIME, you have a chance after each boss for him to mail you.

5 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Exact, he doesn't mail you EVERY TIME, you have a chance after each boss for him to mail you.

Oh okay you should have explained why I was wrong. In my experience it has been nearly every time. I never do bosses specifically for marks so I may not have noticed not getting a mark on occasion.

Edit: Okay I see what you meant in your original post. I read it as: your wrong then you proceed to say exactly what was in my post. Didn't realize you meant it doesn't happen every time.

Edited by RideaTear

6 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

If you didn't get a mark after running a boss, then you simply didn't kill the boss.  Someone else in your squad did the killing blow.  Solo is the best way to earn marks.

11 minutes ago, kkinnison said:

As someone who has played since july.  This is good information.  I usually thought that having a mark was good enough.  But if you want him to show up, having mutltiple marks is best.

/still need hate.. and broken war

This is NOT true, actually. The number of Stalker marks has no effect on his spawn chance (otherwise my hundreds of Phorid and Lech Kril kills would have him showing up every mission)

15 minutes ago, NobleParadox96 said:

you can only get broken war from the second dream quest

False, the shadow stalker loot the broken war BP, and then you need a handle and 2 blade (I don't know why 2....) that are looted by batalyst / conculyst.