The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma....he has some problems

So, just yesterday, i built chroma and maxed him out. I noticed 2 huge things about chroma. 

First, the amount of damage he can take is insane! With vex armor and elemental ward, you can take a nuke and just shake it off

secondly, the amount of energy effigy and spectral stream use is insane for the damage they output.

spectral scream deals 200 damage per second, and takes 2-3 energy a second to use. For reference, i can get my soma to deal 200+ damage per bullet, and it can fire more then one bullet a second. Why is it like this? It limits speed, mobility, and deals 200 damage a second. It should deal at least 2000 a second.

effigy is in the same boat. I maxed atlas a few hours before, and thinking that effigy would be like rumblers, i was surprised to see that it takes 10 energy a second, for something that doesnt move, doesnt do much damage, and overall is a waste to use.

and why is vex armor and elemental ward none recastable? 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Because the buff they give is too insane to make it sustainable... if they were made toggled, imagine how much it would drain your energy to justify their results...

Effigy and Spectral scream got hit too hard during the patch that changed how toggles work, but with decent effeciency and duration, Effigy drains about 2.5 energy per second I believe.

As opposed to rumblers, effigy has a taunt, and has buffs in its radius, in addition to a pure elemental attack with high status chance... Fire effigy vs. infested practically kills everything except an eximus in 2-4 seconds. 

Chroma is broken in the sense that his skills, strong as they may be, seem a bit weird in what they require as to what they do... but an easy fix is to either focus on duration (Vex + elemental ward) or range/power/effeciency for Spectral Scream/ effigy. 

On a duration build, just run Rage on the warframe and Lifestrike on melee... or get a Furis with the purifying winds (i think) augment. Energy is no problem then, since you need to take dmg to buff the buffs (-_-) and by the time they are maxed, so is your energy.

Balance, Sprectral Scream is crappy, yes. But Effigy can deal a lot of damage to a lot of enemies in a few seconds since his fire/ice/electric/toxic breath is not effected by Range Mods and acts like an Ignis (Infinite punch-throght in the range).

Effigy is not an "Instant damage" Ult, it serves 3 porpuses: Decoy, CC, Damage. Its a bit of a b!tch to maintain with the energy cost and I wished it actually followed us like a Sentinel/Specter that has a LOT of aggro thrown at it.

Balance.

3 minutes ago, LouseFur said:

Because the buff they give is too insane to make it sustainable... if they were made toggled, imagine how much it would drain your energy to justify their results...

Effigy and Spectral scream got hit too hard during the patch that changed how toggles work, but with decent effeciency and duration, Effigy drains about 2.5 energy per second I believe.

As opposed to rumblers, effigy has a taunt, and has buffs in its radius, in addition to a pure elemental attack with high status chance... Fire effigy vs. infested practically kills everything except an eximus in 2-4 seconds. 

Chroma is broken in the sense that his skills, strong as they may be, seem a bit weird in what they require as to what they do... but an easy fix is to either focus on duration (Vex + elemental ward) or range/power/effeciency for Spectral Scream/ effigy. 

On a duration build, just run Rage on the warframe and Lifestrike on melee... or get a Furis with the purifying winds (i think) augment. Energy is no problem then, since you need to take dmg to buff the buffs (-_-) and by the time they are maxed, so is your energy.

Vex armor and elemental ward dont need to be toggled, but could be more like how accelertant worked fr ember. Make it so that you can recast it at any time, but it takes a bit longer to get to max armor % bonus. If you arent paying attention, you still will lose the buffs, but if you are, you can be much more tanky.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

So, just yesterday, i built chroma and maxed him out. I noticed 2 huge things about chroma. 

First, the amount of damage he can take is insane! With vex armor and elemental ward, you can take a nuke and just shake it off

secondly, the amount of energy effigy and spectral stream use is insane for the damage they output.

spectral scream deals 200 damage per second, and takes 2-3 energy a second to use. For reference, i can get my soma to deal 200+ damage per bullet, and it can fire more then one bullet a second. Why is it like this? It limits speed, mobility, and deals 200 damage a second. It should deal at least 2000 a second.

effigy is in the same boat. I maxed atlas a few hours before, and thinking that effigy would be like rumblers, i was surprised to see that it takes 10 energy a second, for something that doesnt move, doesnt do much damage, and overall is a waste to use.

Just play chroma on strength and duration and use 2 and 3. Otherwise you're just wasting a frame slot. His first and last ability are unfortunately extremely lackluster. Maybe DE is gonna fix it some day.

3 minutes ago, Kao-Snake said:

Effigy is not an "Instant damage" Ult, it serves 3 porpuses: Decoy, CC, Damage.

Yeah but it actually does none of that right.

Effigy could have lower drain, but it is sustainable with proper mods.

Vex Armor shouldn't be recastable because of the buffs it gives, but I don't see the reason why Elemental Ward isn't.

Spectral Scream requires a rework; as it is now, it is bad and has hardly any uses. Damage is poor, crowd control is poor, range is poor. On top of that, it slows you down. 

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

Put the Effigy up: It screams and stuns and does that from time to time. Enemies get close to it and it will fling them away.

Put it in an Open area? It wont be much use, but put it near a choke point where enemies have to go throught it to get to you/Objective? It works wonders. But there's also the team: every time I put Effigy somewhere my team ALWAYS go there to kill the enemies there and in the next title-set and make Effigy just stand there with nothing to do. But that's based on players.

Effigy does not excel at all 3, because it does all 3.

Do I wish it to be changed into something more useful than a stationary turret that costs me energy? F*ck yea! But how long untill DE actually does that? If ever? They have a lot more things to do, like Mag and Volt and the Starchart and Quests, decoding and debugging and making new maps.

We can only make Feedback and make reasonable requests untill then.

Just now, Kao-Snake said:

Put the Effigy up: It screams and stuns and does that from time to time. Enemies get close to it and it will fling them away.

Put it in an Open area? It wont be much use, but put it near a choke point where enemies have to go throught it to get to you/Objective? It works wonders. But there's also the team: every time I put Effigy somewhere my team ALWAYS go there to kill the enemies there and in the next title-set and make Effigy just stand there with nothing to do. But that's based on players.

Effigy does not excel at all 3, because it does all 3.

Do I wish it to be changed into something more useful than a stationary turret that costs me energy? F*ck yea! But how long untill DE actually does that? If ever? They have a lot more things to do, like Mag and Volt and the Starchart and Quests, decoding and debugging and making new maps.

We can only make Feedback and make reasonable requests untill then.

I guess the older frames will get the attention sooner which i can also understand. It's not like chroma is unplayable, hell no.

But what i wanted to say before is, everytime i cast my 4, i regret it. It gives a short 3 second stun and then the enemies go rampage again. Not to mention i'm losing energy + disabling zenurik for my 2 and 3 + losing armor. In conclusion: Never worth it.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

- yes, Chroma is an excellent tank, and can also heal if you build EW right with Fire as your element.

- yes, IIRC his 1st and 4th used to be more efficient, but were nerfed. now they are low damage skills with hilariously bad efficiency. even as a Zenurik user, I still can't keep enough energy on hand if I use effigy, so I don't bother, and stick with Vex and EW builds.

- and the reason for non recastability is for balance, otherwise Vex Armour would make him nigh invincible for very little energy. it can be used to your advantage with EW however, as duration can let you reach far away team members and heal them with Fire ward, and anyone who sticks with you if you have a range build will stay tankier for longer.

he could certainly use a rework, though it will be a very long way off since Chroma is fairly new compared to other frames.

33 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Just play chroma on strength and duration and use 2 and 3. Otherwise you're just wasting a frame slot. His first and last ability are unfortunately extremely lackluster. Maybe DE is gonna fix it some day.

Yeah but his first power is the most fun so you're opinion is wrong!

25 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

200->2000dmg is a large jump in damage for the first ability.....if that was coming I would be using that ability more than any other ability for the fun of it.

Think of it this way. You lose movement and mobility speed, cannot use weapons, and have a constant drain on energy. You honesty cannot tell me that 2000 damage would be a good number for an ability that causes all of those downgrades

1 minute ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Think of it this way. You lose movement and mobility speed, cannot use weapons, and have a constant drain on energy. You honesty cannot tell me that 2000 damage would be a good number for an ability that causes all of those downgrades

So? your not supposed to use the ability for straight up damage. It was meant to be used strategically.

Electricity stuns, Fire stops them from firing at you, Cold slows them down, and toxin it just bypasses shields and does damage over time.

Edited by Magnulast
Added more info.

1 minute ago, Magnulast said:

So? your not supposed to use the ability for straight up damage. It was meant to be used strategically.

I could see it being a strategic ability if it had 100% status, but it only has 60%. I have no reason to use spectral storm over something like volts shock, which deals more then 200 damage, and always procs electricity.  

1 hour ago, Kao-Snake said:

Balance, Sprectral Scream is crappy, yes. But Effigy can deal a lot of damage to a lot of enemies in a few seconds since his fire/ice/electric/toxic breath is not effected by Range Mods and acts like an Ignis (Infinite punch-throght in the range).

Effigy is not an "Instant damage" Ult, it serves 3 porpuses: Decoy, CC, Damage. Its a bit of a b!tch to maintain with the energy cost and I wished it actually followed us like a Sentinel/Specter that has a LOT of aggro thrown at it.

Balance.

>Balance

>Hysteria exists

>Way lower cast cost, inconsequential drain, god mode

>Kek 

6 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

>Balance

>Hysteria exists

>Way lower cast cost, inconsequential drain, god mode

>Kek 

>Comparing with a Melee Ability

>Cant use any other weapons