Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So ... Saryn (Primes) current condition

Daziri

So... Lately when I've been hosting games (T3 Def in particular) people tend to go "aggro" on me because I don't use something like RJ Excali instead of Saryn...

Today I got literally flamed because I went Saryn Prime on T3 Def (it's ironic because I was hosting the game, not the peeps who said that Saryn sucks (they had 15-20 MR))

I usually like to build my "team" of Frost, EV Trinity and Speed Nova.

Now the reason I need Frost is obviously to defend the Pod, EV to feed me energy because my "EVSaryn" build has negative efficiency, for the sake of Power Strength.

My Defense Saryn is actually quite strong... you notice the loss of strength after wave 35~ (but you are still able to oneshot the non-heavy units as long as they are spored)

Here's an album of my Saryn builds (efficiency/energy vampire/rage -Saryn) http://imgur.com/a/2QNmF

Now obviously Efficiency Saryn is for solo missions that are short and stuff, EV Saryn (like the name suggests) is heavily dependant on EV Trinity and it's purpose is to deal heavy DPS dmg & spreading Viral procs, it won't simply work without EV. Rage Saryn is pretty much strong as long as you also remember to use Toxic Lash (melee&sustain build so to say).

The thing that bothers me so much is why so many people (especially those w/ high mastery rank) think that Saryn is still weak, when in reality she is one of the best debuffers aswell as DPS frames the game has?

Now the question is, what do you guys think her current condition (as in strong-normie-weak) is? Do you think she is strong? Weak? Nothing special? And whatever your opinion is, I would love to see some context about it... Why do you think she's good, okay, weak?

Edited by Ascended1QQ
Fixed some typos.

i haven't been player her that long, but from the builds that i researched prior to playing her and how much fun i have whil eplaying her, your builds are pretty nice. just gotta max those mods.

when it comes down to it, just ask yourself "do I enjoy playing her?" if the answer is yes, dont worry about what people think. if no, try another fram or a different playstyle

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

i haven't been player her that long, but from the builds that i researched prior to playing her, yours is pretty nice. just gotta max those mods

Yes, in time... Those are my only Primed Flow and Continuity, and if I max those, every other frame of mine must be formad, and gonna wait until I get at least a Forma or two on my most used Frames (Ash, Nyx, Nova, Trinity, Mag, Excali, Ember)

Also, thanks :)

Edited by Ascended1QQ
Additional thank you

3 minutes ago, Ascended1QQ said:

Yes, in time... Those are my only Primed Flow and Continuity, and if I max those, every other frame of mine must be formad, and gonna wait until I get at least a Forma or two on my most used Frames (Ash, Nyx, Nova, Trinity, Mag, Excali, Ember)

Also, thanks :)

such is life i guess. but my heart sinks a little when im upgrading mods and i see that is has to come off of one of my more used frame :(

1 minute ago, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

such is life i guess. but my heart sinks a little when im upgrading mods and i see that is has to come off of one of my more used frame :(

I know right.... :(

So much grind needed to set things off right... :/

But that is what I signed up for when I started using Primed mods.

as a saryn main (for the something like 2.5 years(..i was sooo happy when prime came)) i find that she is perfectly adequate in pretty much every aspect...her issue is that later on in long missions her setup time loses out really heavily to other damage frames like excal who dont need the setup and can just instant damage. however bringing her along with an excal or ash or other super heavy dps frame can extend the life of the mission by the vurtue of viral procs halving things health.

Just now, (PS4)Elctrcstel said:

and the 1mil trading cost betwwen players where a primed mod is involved

Thankfully, I always got mine from Baro...

Just now, Caobie said:

as a saryn main (for the something like 2.5 years(..i was sooo happy when prime came)) i find that she is perfectly adequate in pretty much every aspect...her issue is that later on in long missions her setup time loses out really heavily to other damage frames like excal who dont need the setup and can just instant damage. however bringing her along with an excal or ash or other super heavy dps frame can extend the life of the mission by the vurtue of viral procs halving things health.

True, but the T3 Defense's goal was to get to wave 40 and my EV Saryn build has problem getting us there in no time with the help of Speed Nova.

2 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

I don't play her that often to have a definitive answer for her usefulness, but I'm pretty sure she's in a better place now.

The old Saryn didn't really scale well and she was a one trick pony. Wasn't very fun either.

Exactly... I'm glad the Miasma-only Saryn got killed. Her current powers are sync so well with eachother.

2 minutes ago, g4yb4ll said:

so how many times did the team had to revive you because enemy will 1 shot you after 10ish

and what's the damage number looks like for the whole game, if 1 person had to carry too much of the game then it's unbalanced

None, because my range allowed me to do my job inside the Frost Bubble.

Saryn is one of the best damage dealers in the game, her only issues currently is single target and "complexity" and you are very unlikely to run into one of the scenarios since this is a hoard game. And as for complexity, yeah the game is bad at relaying information on how she deals damage but anyone who take the time to learn how she plays will soon learn how strong she can be.

The only "problem" people seem to have with Saryn is that she is not a P42W anymore and that for some reason make a lot of people angry, i myself think her design is for the better.

15 minutes ago, Ascended1QQ said:

So... Lately when I've been hosting games (T3 Def in particular) people tend to go "aggro" on me because I don't use something like RJ Excali instead of Saryn...

Today I got literally flamed because I went Saryn Prime on T3 Def (it's ironic because I was hosting the game, not the peeps who said that Saryn sucks (they had 15-20 MR))

I usually like to build my "team" of Frost, EV Trinity and Speed Nova.

Now the reason I need Frost is obviously to defend the Pod, EV to feed me energy because my "EVSaryn" build has negative efficiency, for the sake of Power Strength.

My Defense Saryn is actually quite strong... you notice the loss of strength after wave 35~ (but you are still able to oneshot the non-heavy units as long as they are spored)

Here's an album of my Saryn builds (efficiency/energy vampire/rage -Saryn) http://imgur.com/a/2QNmF

Now obviously Efficiency Saryn is for solo missions that are short and stuff, EV Saryn (like the name suggests) is heavily dependant on EV Trinity and it's purpose is to deal heavy DPS dmg & spreading Viral procs, it won't simply work without EV. Rage Saryn is pretty much strong as long as you also remember to use Toxic Lash (melee&sustain build so to say).

The thing that bothers me so much is why so many people (especially those w/ high mastery rank) think that Saryn is still weak, when in reality she is one of the best debuffers aswell as DPS frames the game has?

Now the question is, what do you guys think her current condition (as in strong-normie-weak) is? Do you think she is strong? Weak? Nothing special? And whatever your opinion is, I would love to see some context about it... Why do you think she's good, okay, weak?

Nothing wrong with the frame, the issue for some is the importance of CC vs DPS.

For me, Mass CC is far more important than DPS so I would rather have a few other frames than Sayrn in a 4 man team that are better for end game and not as energy dependent.

1 minute ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Saryn is one of the best damage dealers in the game, her only issues currently is single target and "complexity" and you are very unlikely to run into one of the scenarios since this is a hoard game. And as for complexity, yeah the game is bad at relaying information on how she deals damage but anyone who take the time to learn how she plays will soon learn how strong she can be.

The only "problem" people seem to have with Saryn is that she is not a P42W anymore and that for some reason make a lot of people angry, i myself think her design is for the better.

I respect the opinion of others.. let them think what they want to think. I'm just getting this feel that people won't give Saryn the chance to "prove" her better, healthier and stronger self. She is so strong. I guess so... it's kinda sad...

2 minutes ago, MrJxt said:

Unfortunately, High MR means nothing nowadays.

I think I realized that... Again... it's kinda sad that people who have alot of experience about the game... tend to be so quick and straightforward without futher "proof".

2 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Nothing wrong with the frame, the issue for some is the importance of CC vs DPS.

For me, Mass CC is far more important than DPS so I would rather have a few other frames than Sayrn in a 4 man team that are better for end game and not as energy dependent.

Saryn is a small mix off CC as her Miasma does stun for a nice 2 seconds. That combined with Sancti Tigris, take out the heavy units while Miasma finishes off the weaker units without futher problem, even in late game.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

When compared to other caster frames Saryn feels like a second-tier frame rather than god-tier.

But that doesn't stop me from preferring Saryn for interception or defense missions against enemy levels 35 or lower.

I think people would like Saryn more if her kit had more cc.

She has a stun on Miasma BUT I feel like her Molt explosion could blind nearby units "because of the toxins that explode out of it".

Hmmh.

Sowwy :X but I'm not ready to max out mods until I've formad at least 6 more frames a couple times.

My non-usually-used frames have normal Continuity/Flow but my most-used frames have Primed ones.

I look forward on maxing Primed mods and Transient... All in good time <3

2 minutes ago, Ascended1QQ said:

I think I realized that... Again... it's kinda sad that people who have alot of experience about the game... tend to be so quick and straightforward without futher "proof".

Saryn is a small mix off CC as her Miasma does stun for a nice 2 seconds. That combined with Sancti Tigris, take out the heavy units while Miasma finishes off the weaker units without futher problem, even in late game.

She has a stun on Miasma BUT I feel like her Molt explosion could blind nearby units "because of the toxins that explode out of it".

Hmmh.

For CC I'm referring to 360 degree 30 meter Plus range, sadly Sayrn dosen't have this ability and it takes Sayrn more than 1 casting to cover 360 degrees (more energy).

For me frames Like Loki,Mirage, Banshee can do a better job in a 4 man team than Sayrn.