Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So ... Saryn (Primes) current condition

Daziri

All these comments and here I am doing 55-75% of the total damage and kills in just about any high level mission I play with my Saryn Prime; outperforming Equinox (in just about any scenario), outperforming Ember Prime (but that's not surprising as Ember wasn't very strong late game anyway), outperforming Mag Prime in Corpus Sorties (which is hilarious every time) and the list goes on and on. I'm sorry, OP, that you met some naysayers. Interestingly enough, I haven't met any. And, I play with a lot of high MR randoms from the recruiting chat, and so far I've seen one of two things; either they understand that they should let me do my thing, because I'm gonna kill everything anyway, and they stick to defending the pod and chilling around there OR they desperately try to compete by standing right at the end of the corridor to not let me get kills (which is petty). But, that rarely ever makes any difference, because a simple cast of 1 and a few Staticor shots instantly wipes the group much to their disappointment. I'll also add that I really, really don't feel the need for an EV Trinity when I play my Saryn Prime. Yes, I'm built for maximum Range/Strength and negative Efficiency. I just am perfectly fine all by myself. She barely needs to cast Spores once or twice in a round, and as long as you spread them right by hitting the marked points, they cover the entire map. Not only do I ever run out of energy, I often have enough for an emergency Miasma or two.

23 minutes ago, Hybridon said:

Then you may need to change you game style. Lanka with Gas is a great weapon for ranged encounters and popping spores for insane amounts of damage, it will keep you far from battle and in a good spot.

Even though Saryn can be a tank to some extent, because of the way her powers where designed, it ends up not working that well.

I don't really like snipers/tonkor/Synoid Simulor. I mostly use Prisma Gorgon as I found it can be very effective.

Having to use weapons I dislike is also -1 point for her(most of her builds I got recommended require those)

Edited by Icpmcp

5 minutes ago, The_Discussion said:

All these comments and here I am doing 55-75% of the total damage and kills in just about any high level mission I play with my Saryn Prime; outperforming Equinox (in just about any scenario), outperforming Ember Prime (but that's not surprising as Ember wasn't very strong late game anyway), outperforming Mag Prime in Corpus Sorties (which is hilarious every time) and the list goes on and on. I'm sorry, OP, that you met some naysayers. Interestingly enough, I haven't met any. And, I play with a lot of high MR randoms from the recruiting chat, and so far I've seen one of two things; either they understand that they should let me do my thing, because I'm gonna kill everything anyway, and they stick to defending the pod and chilling around there OR they desperately try to compete by standing right at the end of the corridor to not let me get kills (which is petty). But, that rarely ever makes any difference, because a simple cast of 1 and a few Staticor shots instantly wipes the group much to their disappointment. I'll also add that I really, really don't feel the need for an EV Trinity when I play my Saryn Prime. Yes, I'm built for maximum Range/Strength and negative Efficiency. I just am perfectly fine all by myself. She barely needs to cast Spores once or twice in a round, and as long as you spread them right by hitting the marked points, they cover the entire map. Not only do I ever run out of energy, I often have enough for an emergency Miasma or two.

Interesting. I just play Caster-Style. If I run my max eff build I have no problems. Not even on rage build with 100% efficiency thanks to Rage, but I am more melee focused in that case. Do You have arcane energize?

Edited by Ascended1QQ

2 minutes ago, Ascended1QQ said:

Interesting. I just play Caster-Style. If I run my max eff build I have no problems. Not even on rage build with 100% efficiency thanks to Rage, but I am more melee focused in that case. You have arcane enerize? 

Nope, but I do use Zenurik if that helps. Saryn is very hungry, I know. But, she sucks it right back from the enemies if you just efficiently apply her toxicity. That came out weird. =|

Edited by The_Discussion

3 hours ago, g4yb4ll said:

so how many times did the team had to revive you because enemy will 1 shot you after 10ish

and what's the damage number looks like for the whole game, if 1 person had to carry too much of the game then it's unbalanced

If you are getting one shot after 10 waves into a T3D, you are doing something really wrong. 

21 hours ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

If you need people just friend me. I personally hate Saryn Prime for purely cosmetic reasons. I prefer regular Saryn.

How kind of you :)

I dont mind people hating/liking the looks of Waframes. Everyone has their own taste. Theres also the deluxe orchid skin which is nice but imo Saryn Prime is just amazing. 

Edited by Ascended1QQ

There's a lot of dumb people that joined the game and are methodical and stubborn. They just want to do 'the one thing" with "the one build" and "the one setup". Everything outside of it becomes pointless and useless because they judge everyone based on their own limitations.

"how can anyone do more damage with Saryn? I ALWAYS play Excal. press 4 when the battle starts and never go back". That's how they do it and that's how they judge everyone around them because to them there's nothing outside of that.

Really, just ignore them and find a new squad. ... but it is getting tough to find people that aren't like that lately...

9 minutes ago, Ascended1QQ said:

How kind of you :)

I dont mind people hating/liking the looks of Waframes. Everyone has their own taste. Theres also the deluxe orchid skim which is nice but imo Saryn Prime is just amazing. 

I totes understand, love my Nova Prime so much.

Also added you, feel free to hit me up whenever you want an EV Trin/Frosty the snowman

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

1 hour ago, Icpmcp said:

I don't really like snipers/tonkor/Synoid Simulor. I mostly use Prisma Gorgon as I found it can be very effective.

Having to use weapons I dislike is also -1 point for her(most of her builds I got recommended require those)

Then there are other styles. Building for toxic lash nets you up to 90% damage reduction on almost any melee, although some melee weapons are better than others for saryn.

As stated before any syndicate weapon for the procs that help ou on spores, Hikou with concealed explosives, tysis, torid, and many others. Its all about adaptng the uild to the weapon and vice-versa. She is quite strong at debuffs and exponential damage dealing because of how spores spread toxic damage, especially if you build her for range.

You may be probably more suited playing a frame and weapons more to your own style, thats why we have so many frames to choose from.

2 minutes ago, Hybridon said:

Then there are other styles. Building for toxic lash nets you up to 90% damage reduction on almost any melee, although some melee weapons are better than others for saryn.

As stated before any syndicate weapon for the procs that help ou on spores, Hikou with concealed explosives, tysis, torid, and many others. Its all about adaptng the uild to the weapon and vice-versa. She is quite strong at debuffs and exponential damage dealing because of how spores spread toxic damage, especially if you build her for range.

You may be probably more suited playing a frame and weapons more to your own style, thats why we have so many frames to choose from.

Its just that I'd like to be able to play any frame and be good enough with it to not die every two minutes.

As a casual player with 700+ hours in nearly 3 years this goal of mine just gets more and more out of reach.

56 minutes ago, Icpmcp said:

Its just that I'd like to be able to play any frame and be good enough with it to not die every two minutes.

As a casual player with 700+ hours in nearly 3 years this goal of mine just gets more and more out of reach.

Thing is, the same happens to many other frames. To make excal, atlas, wukong and valkyr excel you have to bring in a melee build that wont necessarily be good for that melee weapon, and makes the choice options far smaller. Most frames can be played casually, even Saryn, but dont expect to get the best out of a frame without min maxing even the loadout.

If you arent willing to adapt to the pros and cons of the frame, you cant expect to excel at every single content the game has to offer.

Like most things, it ignorance of the masses not keeping up with whats current. :D It's like those people that kept on saying Ember was weak but I consistently would be getting like 70% of the kills. :)

Edited by Andaius

Honestly I havent played Saryn in a LONG time.  Just started playing again about 3 days ago.  I got saryn prime yesterday and decided to try her out after maxing her and the new mutalist weapons.  I gotta say I had alot of fun with her especially with mutalist cernos xD.  Came in 2nd place in kills and damage only to Ash.  In the right hands shes a complete monster.

I think that people that have issues with her don't exactly know how to use her. I've been playing more often with her lately and really enjoy Saryn. All her abilities work nicely together plus she's really strong. I'm mr21 if that matters.

My normal loadout exists of max range, decent duration and decent strength. I use the spore on molt combo and shoot it to spread the spores. With maximum range just about the whole area will be infected with spores. Then I use miasma and the whole area is cleaned. 

In a survival mission for example I bring a Saryn with regenerative molt and regular loadout. She's hard to kill.

Sure with her rework it takes longer to wipe out rooms. But in the longer run her rework is better.

Edited by kubbi

18 hours ago, Hellmaker2004 said:

Saryn is one of the best damage dealers in the game, her only issues currently is single target and

I feel confused after this statement. Her main source of damage is spreading spores and toxin around. Do i miss something?

5 hours ago, texrei said:

I feel confused after this statement. Her main source of damage is spreading spores and toxin around. Do i miss something?

I think he meant she works worst against single targets, because her whole theme and high energy consumption is about spreading disease, so she excels on crowds by halfing there health while also allowing for crazy damage numbers in the right loadout. Yet on single targets (especially heavys) she struggles a bit, because the whole strength on her kit is to constantly spread procs and carry on more damage between mobs.

5 hours ago, texrei said:

It is quite simple.

The more Toxin debuffs you can apply, spread and utilize the duration. The more you can capitalize on her strength. On a single target this is very unlikely to occur due to how much damage we already deal this thanks to how Toxin scale. Toxin scale from Damage, Critical chance, Critical damage and head shots by the time you have stacked up a decent amount with a good weapon, the target is more than likely already dead  and most of her damage will end up being overkill when fighting a single target.

However if you are fighting more than one target the Toxin damage will be distributed towards more foes, diminishing the overkill effect you would have achieve by fighting one lone target. This thanks to Spore spreading the Toxin effect to nearby foes.

21 hours ago, Icpmcp said:

What are your mods for the Gorgon?

1 hour ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

At least this is one of the first Saryn posts lately, that didn´t turn into a Excal x Saryn comparison or who can do the most damage in the universe etc... 

Personally I love Saryn and she can do a lot of damage if you play her right.

Keeping it on topic. Kudos to people who have been replying to the topic about the topic and not wander offtopic xD. 

Yeah. I have no problem dealing high amounts of dmg with Saryn. In lategame she loses a bit power but then The Spores -only strategy is sufficient. 

Edited by Ascended1QQ

I recently farmed saryn prime and am giving her another chance. So far I like the changes. I actually have a reason to use more than just her 4 and she synergizes well with my zenurik. However, using her requires some very specific things to happen to both her build and the weapons you use. I mean, who really puts gas on their weapons? Or who just happens to have a torid or embolist laying around? So for new, lazy, or players just set in their ways, she is too much of a hassle I think.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)CERNUNNOS said:

I recently farmed saryn prime and am giving her another chance. So far I like the changes. I actually have a reason to use more than just her 4 and she synergizes well with my zenurik. However, using her requires some very specific things to happen to both her build and the weapons you use. I mean, who really puts gas on their weapons? Or who just happens to have a torid or embolist laying around? So for new, lazy, or players just set in their ways, she is too much of a hassle I think.

Quite possible but IMO warframe shouldnt be ///no-pain but yes-gain///.