Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So ... Saryn (Primes) current condition

Daziri

I think that Quick Thinking and Primed flow and Saryn Prime is must have to make her viable in survability, steel feeber even makes it better. I was testing some builds but I was dying at higher levels, without quick thinking.  Quick thinking saved my a$$ many times.

Saryn isn't top tier as the sole damage dealer of a group.  Other frames will outscale and outperform with less work and preparation.

Where she thrives best is in levels with very, very high enemy density like interception, excavation and the interior of Jordas, especially when standing alongside another damage dealer or buffer/CCer like Nova, Ash, Mag, etc..

EDIT:  That said, an Overload spamming Volt could carry a T3D to round 40 if everyone brought their CP.  It's not exactly a super difficult key.

Edited by ArcusVeles

The only real thing that bothered me about Saryn's rework wasn't her kit rework, but her loss of sustain from losing some base HP. However, I simply modded around it, and while my own saryn builds are super amazing range and dmg, I still have high damage and reach, while surviving better, and if I really need a good wipe, Molt+Spore+Miasma easily wipes out large groups. My only beef rn is the fact that Molt doesn't aggro like loki's decoy. Decoy simply works if the decoy is closer to the enemy than you are, the enemies shoot it, not you. Molt has a very limited range of 'draw', and remains limited even with modding. That's really the only tweak I feel she needs. 

Well I don't think that everyone is looking for frames that are easier to play, but for those who are interesting to play. And I think Saryn is really fun to play. I need to learn a lot playing her so ty for showing those builds

In my personal opinion, players who complain about Saryn are just cry-babies who cant "Press 4 to Win" anymore.

I ranked up my Saryn years ago and started playing with her again in the prime version. I have no complains about the new mechanics regarding her Miasma skill since i do manage to kill large groups of mobs around the map.

Her Spore when well modded will keep all enemies in a huge area with their health by half, I have done countless Interceptions and Defense missions with her against Grineers and Infested and the outcome has always been very positive, specially in missions where the enemy has augmented armor or enhanced physical and elemental buffs. She may not be effective against Corpus but she can still keep them staggering with the spores popping when their crowded together.

Saryn and Banshee are the frames I dislike (hate actually) the most simply because the builds that I normally use(and need to use because I'd die too fast without them otherwise) can't be applied to them to be useful in any way.

TL;DR free ride in the airlock

Edited by Icpmcp

I've been using Saryn Prime a LOT, lately. Be it for Defense or Excavation missions.

One thing that I may have missed from OP's opening was the Focus School you're using? I understand the love for an EV Trin running Vampire Leech to give everyone in the squad overshields, but I have found that by swapping to Zenurik focus whenever I run with Saryn, I feel like I never have a need for a Trinity. It's nice to be able to get 200+ energy in one tick (with the right EV build, that is), but if you're spreading spores and have a decent build on your Saryn, one spore usually spreads out enough that I don't need to spam 1 until my energy is back up to where I'm comfortable using it again.

Then there's Arcane Energize which, when maxed, may have you swapping back to another school of choice. Just something to think about when you're recruiting and would rather use another DPS frame instead of a Trinity.

As always, good luck, Tenno.

The way spores can carry on toxic procs makes her one of the best dps frames even in late game, when modded properly.

Ive been able to out DPS a Mag on a orpus Interception even with her spamming Shield Polarize. As long as you know her mechanics and how to deliver damage with her, she is outstanding. Her main issue is how she is really dependant on the team for specific maps, but even then many frames are.

She only needs a few tweaks to Molt, and a bigger stun time on Miasma so she can have a oh sh!t button to get some air and thats it. The rest is working really well.

Still think they final key for her will be the toxin buff she can give to others.

Such a underrated mod, specially considering how spores work.

edit: that would mean though you can´t play Egoframe anymore.

Edited by VoidNomade

As a player who uses her as main, i can say i'm happy with her rework. Sure , i can't press 4 to win anymore, but i did not complain when the rework came and hit lazy players like a train. What i did after the rework was a simplke thing. ADAPT.

I understand there are problems like Miasma scaling and visibility of success, but the forums are here so we, players, can complain about them until DE decides to do something. Complain a lot, not letting them sleep. Isn't the same with politicians?

There's a tendency here in Warframe and other games, from a designer point of view, that nuker classes are a bad thing. They trivialize content and thus make the life expectancy of new stuff shorter.

If some players are still ranting about the end of their nukers (i. e. POWER FANTASY) , all i have to say to them is learn to play with Saryn again or change frame, or change game.

"Love me or leave me alone..."

Edited by renleech

Since her changes I don't find her as useful.  She was one of my main frames.  I don't like the changes they made to her so I don't use her.  I don't see so many Saryn's around any more.  Her strength in high level missions are not that good. But hey to each it's own.   

55 minutes ago, ashrah said:

saryn is just in bad spot now... equinox will overshadow saryn.nova..nyx walking in park.

I think Saryn's main job is to apply viral effects... => debuffing.

57 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

I think that Quick Thinking and Primed flow and Saryn Prime is must have to make her viable in survability, steel feeber even makes it better. I was testing some builds but I was dying at higher levels, without quick thinking.  Quick thinking saved my a$$ many times.

Haven't really had problems with survive... you just need to be mobile and use your molt actively.

51 minutes ago, ArcusVeles said:

Saryn isn't top tier as the sole damage dealer of a group.  Other frames will outscale and outperform with less work and preparation.

Where she thrives best is in levels with very, very high enemy density like interception, excavation and the interior of Jordas, especially when standing alongside another damage dealer or buffer/CCer like Nova, Ash, Mag, etc..

EDIT:  That said, an Overload spamming Volt could carry a T3D to round 40 if everyone brought their CP.  It's not exactly a super difficult key.

Perhaps not in DMG but she sure is a great debuffer (making things easier with 50% less hp on enemies)

28 minutes ago, Icpmcp said:

Sayrn and Banshee are the frames I dislike (hate actually) the most simply because the builds that I normally use(and need to use because I'd die too fast without them otherwise) can't be applied to them to be useful in any way.

TL;DR free ride in the airlock

Dunno... I tend to use my molt actively when life is threatened... like almost spamming it XD

26 minutes ago, Hybridon said:

The way spores can carry on toxic procs makes her one of the best dps frames even in late game, when modded properly.

Ive been able to out DPS a Mag on a orpus Interception even with her spamming Shield Polarize. As long as you know her mechanics and how to deliver damage with her, she is outstanding. Her main issue is how she is really dependant on the team for specific maps, but even then many frames are.

She only needs a few tweaks to Molt, and a bigger stun time on Miasma so she can have a oh sh!t button to get some air and thats it. The rest is working really well.

^this :D

17 minutes ago, renleech said:

As a player who uses her as main, i can say i'm happy with her rework. Sure , i can't press 4 to win anymore, but i did not complain when the rework came and hit lazy players like a train. What i did after the rework was a simplke thing. ADAPT.

I understand there are problems like Miasma scaling and visibility of success, but the forums are here so we, players, can complain about them until DE decides to do something. Complain a lot, not letting them sleep. Isn't the same with politicians?

There's a tendency here in Warframe and other games, from a designer point of view, that nuker classes are a bad thing. They trivialize content and thus make the life expectancy of new stuff shorter.

If some players are still ranting about the end of their nukers (i. e. POWER FANTASY) , all i have to say to them is learn to play with Saryn again or change frame, or change game.

"Love me or leave me alone..."

Nice way to think it XD

Saryn is in a great spot. If you use the spores to their true potential, you can easily melt whole waves without a care in the world and without seeing most of them. She just depends more on what weapons are used by you and your squad. Toxic and gas can bring insane spore dmg. Excalubir can't even compare. It's just that she requires more brain. But many players just don't want to think, they want to click 1 button and win as we can see every time a press 4 to win frame got a rework

1 hour ago, DxAdder said:

Nothing wrong with the frame, the issue for some is the importance of CC vs DPS.

For me, Mass CC is far more important than DPS so I would rather have a few other frames than Sayrn in a 4 man team that are better for end game and not as energy dependent.

^ my reason for not using saryn or preferring her over other frames

like a lot of ppl said....it really just depends on the mission.  She is not well rounded and is limited to what she does best, which is huge crowd DPS and not crowd control (talking about team play here, not solo naramon play)

that being said, i could careless if a player uses saryn as long as they do their job and dont get in the way of things.  If it were super long mission runs, raids, or things saryn does not excel at, I prefer a more useful frame as opposed to potential DPS maximization.

As much as I loved the 4 spam saryn, I have to admit that her current set up is much better and more balanced than before.....which wish they didnt nerf miasma to the ground (and for those that do not agree....it actually was nerfed to the ground because it is better off just focusing on spore procs than wasting energy for miasma for the illusion of enhanced damage)

Just now, Icpmcp said:

I can't use the augment. No free slot.

You dont need the heal, use it for aggro and to remove status effects instantly. I play a Primed Flow with Quick Thinking Saryn, with no shield, armor or health mods, all you need to do is be aware of when you get procced, etc and hit 2.

Those people were ridiculous to flame you. Virtually any frame can perform a defense mission to lvl 40 solo if properly constructed. *Some exceptions apply.

But on Saryn:

She's fun, but...

I feel like her Molt is mediocre without the augment. They should really blend the regeneration into the ability natively.

I don't feel like she's a melee combatant and thusly her bonus to melee seems...pointless?

And her Ulti is generally unimpressive to me.

With that said. Spore is an absolute blast. Put on KMFDMs Virus and go to town. The issue is against weak enemies, it's easier to kill them with your guns and in infinite missions it really does start to drop off in effectiveness. I'd be hard pressed to say how she should be tweaked again. However, I need to reiterate, even though I have serious issues with how to implement all of her abilities, she is still quite enjoyable and an asset to any team.

4 minutes ago, Hybridon said:

You dont need the heal, use it for aggro and to remove status effects instantly. I play a Primed Flow with Quick Thinking Saryn, with no shield, armor or health mods, all you need to do is be aware of when you get procced, etc and hit 2.

Problem is I die even with quick thinking and primed flow if I don't use health and shield mods.

One Bombard just instantly drains my energy and kills me.

Thats not useful or fun in any way.

Same applies to Banshee.

Edited by Icpmcp

54 minutes ago, Camelslayer said:

You see, these are players we call "elitists".

And they're the filth of most communities. Encountering them is, unfortunately, inevitable.

Sad but true. Like people shouldnt be telling others what to play. If you dont like my Saryn then you might aswell leave the squad. Saryn is my main since like I got her (years ago). I love maining stuff thats a bit challenging but rewarding. 

Apparently some people dont like their teammates play their way. Its always the frekking RJ Excali. 

Edited by Ascended1QQ

1 hour ago, (XB1)C0gnitive 0n3 said:

I've been using Saryn Prime a LOT, lately. Be it for Defense or Excavation missions.

One thing that I may have missed from OP's opening was the Focus School you're using? I understand the love for an EV Trin running Vampire Leech to give everyone in the squad overshields, but I have found that by swapping to Zenurik focus whenever I run with Saryn, I feel like I never have a need for a Trinity. It's nice to be able to get 200+ energy in one tick (with the right EV build, that is), but if you're spreading spores and have a decent build on your Saryn, one spore usually spreads out enough that I don't need to spam 1 until my energy is back up to where I'm comfortable using it again.

Then there's Arcane Energize which, when maxed, may have you swapping back to another school of choice. Just something to think about when you're recruiting and would rather use another DPS frame instead of a Trinity.

As always, good luck, Tenno.

Actually I forgot to mention it. Zenurik with maxed energy overflow (4energy/sec) and maxed cooldown reduction. 160s iirc. Arcane energize is a bit hard for me. Buying it is so expensive (plat is harsh) and I havent had a single successful raid (everyone leaves if someone leaves). 

57 minutes ago, Icpmcp said:

Problem is I die even with quick thinking and primed flow if I don't use health and shield mods.

One Bombard just instantly drains my energy and kills me.

Thats not useful or fun in any way.

Same applies to Banshee.

Then you may need to change you game style. Lanka with Gas is a great weapon for ranged encounters and popping spores for insane amounts of damage, it will keep you far from battle and in a good spot.

Even though Saryn can be a tank to some extent, because of the way her powers where designed, it ends up not working that well.

11 minutes ago, Hybridon said:

Then you may need to change you game style. Lanka with Gas is a great weapon for ranged encounters and popping spores for insane amounts of damage, it will keep you far from battle and in a good spot.

Even though Saryn can be a tank to some extent, because of the way her powers where designed, it ends up not working that well.

Gas based or Syndicate proc based weapons sync so well with Spores. (The best for Spores would be the Telos Boltor because of the 1k Gas Proc. Ive formad the gun few times but its dmg output isnt as great as my Gas+Slash (Corrosive proc) Sancti Tigris'. My Saryn is designed to shred enemies defenses. Armor and HP shredder Saryn (shield isnt a problem because Ill just spam Molt nearby enemies to kill them (max eff build)). However I do agree with what people said in this topic that Saryn still would love some balance changes;

Miasmas base range increase and instant corrosion proc on enemies with Viral and/or Toxin status, however it should affect enemies only once or she would be broken. Regenerative molt could be built in kit. Molt should trigger aggro like Decoy. Molt should have a few second invulnerability. Toxic Lash could increase the melee range a bit. 

Edited by Ascended1QQ
Added some ideas and more context.