Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, Please let us disable loki's muffled invisibility sound

redkunaz

32 minutes ago, Im_The_Real_Dirty_Dan said:

insert No Doubt's -It's my life-

Weirdest spelling of Talk Talk I have ever seen!

Anyway on topic, an option is good, have no issues with an option. Out of interest does the same effect occur with Naramon?

5 minutes ago, Egg_Chen said:

Anyway on topic, an option is good, have no issues with an option. Out of interest does the same effect occur with Naramon?

No, naramon doesn't change the sounds.

To the OP, I'm going to assume you currently play with your sound off while you play Loki?  If not, thats probably the best advice anyone could possibly give you.  Listen to some music while you play.  Truthfully if you are playing invis loki often and the muffled sounds bother you there isn't much else worth listening too anyway.

This isn't to say the option to toggle the sound isn't ever going to happen, but it will likely take a while should the devs choose to impliment it, so in the mean time find an alternative way to play if you enjoy Loki.

To everyone who is actually ... I don't know how to describe it, defending? the muffled sound and why it shouldn't be a toggled option?  It would really just be the auditory version of disabling gore, which this and most other games have.  Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean it won't bother someone else. It isn't an unreasonable request and its just that a request.

Edited by Xekrin

1 hour ago, Im_The_Real_Dirty_Dan said:

Like loki goes invisible and remembers 'Nam. Just a 1000 yard stare as hes soullessly murders his enemies.

This made me laugh.

I agree with you OP. I dislike it as well. An option would be nice but i don't think DE should spend any time on it.

Alternatively, You can switch to Ash for invis. Its 22 seconds vs. 33 seconds with primed cont, but Smoke Screen does not have the same effect.

On 4/11/2016 at 1:03 AM, Jaysus41 said:

Invis doesn't muffle just gunshots, it muffles everything. You, guns, sentinels, hidden caches, that rank 102 hyekka around the corner... Everything.

The muffled sound made sense back when Invis silenced weapons innately, but ever since that got the axe it really doesn't anymore. You could argue that it muffles his footsteps, but I'd point out that everybody's footsteps are silent anyway.

The audio filter should be removed, it should've been removed a long time ago.

I like the audio filter. Seems intuitive and makes sense to me. I would imagine tech that would make you invisible would have some sort of effect like that.

33 minutes ago, Teadude said:

I actually kind of like it. Going on a mass murder in the void while listening to some soothing music

THAT would be an augment, I'd get, even if it doesn't do anything, but change the music. Imagine a gigantic shoot-out with explosions, screams and of course lots of gun fire, while playing Loki. The situation becomes too tough, so you switch on invisibility and suddenly, all the gun-fire, all the screaming and all the noise gets muffled out. Instead, the game plays some cool, soothing jazz tunes or calm, but happy elevator music (that Loki must have brought with him), while you're slicing and cutting through your enemies.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I like the audio filter. Seems intuitive and makes sense to me. I would imagine tech that would make you invisible would have some sort of effect like that.

Not really, technically all you need to become invisible is bend light around yourself, I very much doubt that bending light would affect your hearing. 

DE probably only added the audio filter as a drawback to using invis, but logically it makes no sense. 

OP if you're using a headset, I'd advise turning your game sounds down and playing music alongside the game, it may help.

I agree, while it doesn't really bother me to the same degree as you do, the ONLY frame that should be able to manipulate Sound itself is Banshee with her Silence skill. I wouldn't mind hearing the battlefield while ghosting around as my Loki Prime. but I can still live with it as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/04/2016 at 0:24 PM, fatpig84 said:

Well OP, good luck to you running into Silence banshees...

i have seen banshee mentioned alot... i actualy have to level her up this week. since i never used her... i was hyped for the frame... now my hype well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2016 at 5:09 AM, --Valkyr said:

It's really weird to have an augment that changes audio... Almost doesn't make sense --

It doesn't have to be an augment, it can be a skin. Just like how you equip a syandana, or an immortal skin in "appearance"--right underneath "Visible while holstered" could be "Toggle invisibility audio filter" or "Authentic Hush mod" or another bar like all other bars that pick colours, you can buy an alternate weapon sound skin, like you buy warframe stance skins.

Makes perfect sense, and adds brilliantly interesting--and yes, obnoxious--combinations to the soundscape in warframe. Applicable to frames and weapons alike.

Edited by Midguard

7 hours ago, Midguard said:

It doesn't have to be an augment, it can be a skin. Just like how you equip a syandana, or an immortal skin in "appearance"--right underneath "Visible while holstered" could be "Toggle invisibility audio filter" or "Authentic Hush mod" or another bar like all other bars that pick colours, you can buy an alternate weapon sound skin, like you buy warframe stance skins.

Makes perfect sense, and adds brilliantly interesting--and yes, obnoxious--combinations to the soundscape in warframe. Applicable to frames and weapons alike.

lol