Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls 3 discussion thread

TheErebus.

Just now, LordOfScrugging said:

Ah, i just started NG+. killed vordt and decided to trigger the dancer early. killer her as well.

I killed dancer already on my SL 20 character. Fighting her was a chore... Punching her with an un-upgraded dark fist because it was the hardest hitting item on my mage.

Just now, RevivedEdgeLord said:

I killed dancer already on my SL 20 character. Fighting her was a chore... Punching her with an un-upgraded dark fist because it was the hardest hitting item on my mage.

Fun. I'm thinking NG+ might not be too bad. but i haven't gotten to some of the more bullS#&$ areas yet.

12 minutes ago, RevivedEdgeLord said:

NG+ feels like NG with a +5 fume ultra greatsword (hitting 620 norm).

haha. i'm about 10 strength away from being able to use it. til then i'm using my MLGS. I do wanna run with the twin prince greasword in NG++ though. seems like it'd be cool. not too sure though. 

oh, there's multiple threads for this stuff, i'll just dump this here instead, since this belongs here much more than where i posted it.

On 4/20/2016 at 4:28 PM, taiiat said:

on top of looking f...ing beautiful, Dork Souls III from what i've seen seems to play a lot smoother, mainly being less clunky.

i'm hoping that is the case, and with the assumption that it is, i'm pushing through Dork Souls II much harder now, as i'd feel weird to just skip the rest of it(the like, 25% of the game that's left for me). which puts me in a bit of a bind there, as to whether do the 3 extra Bosses and what few optional ones may be left over after i've completed the main portion, or to skip and move on.

On 4/20/2016 at 4:14 AM, TheErebus. said:

I'm kinda glad life gems are gone. I dunno but the idea of having those gems always on standby made the game feel a little easier. 

how many Life Gems you may have not withstanding - they were completely inferior to Estus most of the time. but also different, and that was interesting.
the gradual Heal meant it was much less of a safety net than Estus for Healing. but on the other hand, you could walk while crushing them, so you could be a bit more mobile to use one than Estus.
an interesting relation, with Estus usually being the completely superior choice.

being able to have dozens and dozens of them available is a different matter ofcourse. if you ask me, ideally, Players would have two types of Flasks, one as traditional, one more like Life Gems. both hard limited in uses in an area.
because tbh i'd use the gradual Heal more often, if i still retained the shorter animation time and being able to walk while using.

- - - - -

On 4/13/2016 at 11:26 PM, Ahcruna said:

actual in-game looks better than the screenshot, steam and photobucket kinda grimed it up.

you can solve the biggest problem there by not using Photobucket. that'll solve 90% of the quality problem. Photobucket, like some other image hosts... (like say, tinypic) were made obsolete many years ago.

Trying to find cute heavy armor. So far a failure. It's either default Knight's armor (ironically) or silver one combined with few different pieces. Fashion souls is hard for those who like to be heavy. But not too heavy! Exceeding 70% wight is a suicide since shield can't protect you from everything, and that just happens that bosses use this "everything" in combos.

7 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Trying to find cute heavy armor. So far a failure. It's either default Knight's armor (ironically) or silver one combined with few different pieces. Fashion souls is hard for those who like to be heavy. But not too heavy! Exceeding 70% wight is a suicide since shield can't protect you from everything, and that just happens that bosses use this "everything" in combos.

I can't find a good armor set that fits in with what I want. So far I'm wearing Lorian's set with the Silver mask. 

I love the Outrider set, Drakeblood set but I dunno what to pick. WHY AM I CURSED WITH BEING SO PICKY

What is your most hated non-boss enemy? For me its this single crazy berserker in farron keep after you extinguish the flames, that want's to tear my head off. 

Your character looks nice, Mighty Erebus. Can some of you post pics of your characters? Here's mine so far. Is it okay?

DARK%20SOULStrade%20III_20160426001606_z

2 hours ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

What is your most hated non-boss enemy? For me its this single crazy berserker in farron keep after you extinguish the flames, that want's to tear my head off. 

Your character looks nice, Mighty Erebus. Can some of you post pics of your characters? Here's mine so far. Is it okay?

idk how to get screenshots from ps4 to the warframe forums.

1 hour ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

I copy the snapshots in a usb and just load the image to imgur or photobucket if you don't want to share thru your social media. 

oh that makes a bit of sense. i'll take a pic of my current character later. i just got off to let my brother play warframe. Also i think the interview went well :D

4 hours ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

https://twitter.com/The_Erebus/status/725042637422649344

3 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

oh that makes a bit of sense. i'll take a pic of my current character later. i just got off to let my brother play warframe. Also i think the interview went well :D

Glad it went well. I know you're a more advanced DS player like Erebus. I'm progressing in the game slowly but enjoying it. 

12 minutes ago, TheErebus. said:

That looks super fantastic!

Not yet done with the game, but here goes anyway

Depraved Thief, just picked a screenshot from my current position in-game. will update with some more screens later.
ps; I don't like the DSIII Thief mask, it looks wait too damaged compared to the old ones =(

DarkSoulsIII%202016-04-26%2021-51-54-97.

Edited by Ahcruna

10 minutes ago, Ahcruna said:

Depraved Thief, just picked a screenshot from my current position in-game. will update with some more screens later.
ps; I don't like the DSIII Thief mask, it looks wait too damaged compared to the old ones =(

ngl that's a pretty badass screenshot. The rain just makes it even better

17 minutes ago, Ahcruna said:

Wow, that's amazing!

1 minute ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Menacing! I like it.

Thank you. I literally threw stuff together after i beat the game. haven't changed what i put on since i started new game plus. bosses i've got beaten are Iudex Gundyr (i think that's how it's spelled) vordt of the boreal valley, dancer of the boreal valley, Giant tree one that you kill by attacking the eggs on it's crotch, dragonslayer armor, and crystal sage.

I'll screenshot mine later when i'll come back home.

After fighting Fashion Souls for a good hour or two, playing with different combinations of armor i stoped on wearing Knight's Helmet and Armor combined with Faraam's Gauntlets and Pants.

Shieldless two-handed style armed with Greatlance (literally a lancer) and Hollowslayer's Greatsword(to compensate thrust when it's innefective).

Arbalest and Torch in off-hand for those moments when i need them (torch is extremely usefull against certain enemies and Arbalest provides some DPS if i can't / afraid to get close to the enemy).

Ofcource all of this weights quiet a bunch, so i have to wear both Prisoner's Chain and Havel's Ring to manage. After i'm done with getting Vigor to 40 i'll start increasing Endurance so that i could replace Prisoner's Chain with a Life Ring and fully embrace the Unairu Way of fighting: out-live the enemy at all costs.

Eh..personally I went with the Abyss Watcher's set. Badass. Mixed and matched stuff up with the Fallen knight's set, looked badass.

Weapon: I used Farron Greatsword, and on second playthrough I did a strength build (on diff character ofc) and used Yhorm's Machete. 

God I love those weapons.

On Lore:

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH TRUE FIRELINK?

1 hour ago, Evanescent said:

On Lore:

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH TRUE FIRELINK?

It's a parallel reality i suppose, where your character refused to link the fire.

It's literally consumed by darkness.

Does not explain why Gyndur is there though... Is is the past or the future?! Jesus Christ, dark souls...

Meanwhile: here i am

KSHARBh.jpg

Le graphics are on possible low, only antialising is ON. DON'T JUDGE ME, I KNOW MY PC IS S#&$.

Few side notes made during last game session:

1) Great lance has terrible target-tracking. Only good against slow or big enemies. Side-steppers are the worst.

2) Mine great lance deals like 30% less damage than my Hollow slayer. The heck? Is +7 normal titanite weapon that much different from +5 scale weapon, or it's just sucks?

3) Sniper crossbow has unique animations for aiming (found out while was doing this screenshot, gotta upgrade that bastard to 10 when i can)

4) Poise does not exist in Dark Souls 3. I have like 20 (with probably the maximum possible to be like 30-35) and i get absolutely destroyed by stun locks from pretty much any weapon. I heard poise is turned off completely inside the game for one reason or another

42 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

It's a parallel reality i suppose, where your character refused to link the fire.

It's literally consumed by darkness.

Does not explain why Gyndur is there though... Is is the past or the future?! Jesus Christ, dark souls...

Meanwhile: here i am

KSHARBh.jpg

Le graphics are on possible low, only antialising is ON. DON'T JUDGE ME, I KNOW MY PC IS S#&$.

Few side notes made during last game session:

1) Great lance has terrible target-tracking. Only good against slow or big enemies. Side-steppers are the worst.

2) Mine great lance deals like 30% less damage than my Hollow slayer. The heck? Is +7 normal titanite weapon that much different from +5 scale weapon, or it's just sucks?

3) Sniper crossbow has unique animations for aiming (found out while was doing this screenshot, gotta upgrade that bastard to 10 when i can)

4) Poise does not exist in Dark Souls 3. I have like 20 (with probably the maximum possible to be like 30-35) and i get absolutely destroyed by stun locks from pretty much any weapon. I heard poise is turned off completely inside the game for one reason or another

That's very NICE! Thanks for sharing. 

4 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

I literally just saw an exact copy of my outfit while i was playing today. like are one of you guys taking my fashion souls?

We should have other customizable items like ability to color capes or cloth over armor with numerous sigils to choose. That would be cool.