Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuff people say sometimes that blows your mind

(PSN)WINDMILEYNO

Guy at work: What if we as babies have our own special language and can communicate and talk to each other through the womb before being born, through mind waves, and know of each other, but not of the world around us. But we forget everything after being born and think that being born is dying. And then life repeats itself when we get old and die, that we think we are living through life and dying, but we are really being born into another dimension and people around us believe we are just being born.

Me: im just going to put this on the internet now

What if Noamuth, Erebus and Overlord meet and that causes the entire universe to implode, creating a new universe with the three being it's gods? And they rule over us with their pure greatness

*stops wishful dreaming* ...or at least so I've heard

Things people say that blow my mind?

How about the obnoxiously convoluted mental gymnastics people do to justify and rationalize fundamentally flawed viewpoints? If you really want to hear some insane ****, ask a cultist "why" or "how" sometime.

The stuff that actually has logic and reason to it tends to evoke a response more along the lines of "Fascinating! Tell me more!" in me.

2 hours ago, Jeffrey94 said:

This couldn't be more wrong.

While religion is based on pure faith, science is based on empirical evidence.

Yes, but that evidence is based on belief that what we see and percept is true, which it might not be (hallucinations, optical illusions, etc).

You know... Like Matrix.

31 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Yes, but that evidence is based on belief that what we see and percept is true, which it might not be (hallucinations, optical illusions, etc).

You know... Like Matrix.

That's the sort of thing that

1. We can't prove or disprove its existence, and

2. Even if it were true, we'd always be bound by its rules anyway, so it's not even worth considering.

It's true that all forms of reasoning need axioms to work. Truths are derived from other truths, so without some universal, fundamental assumptions we'd get nowhere. In this case, the assumption that reality is, in fact, real is a pretty safe assumption.

Here's a good one from today;

"I will train and help you learn these duties"

"What went wrong, why didn't you do this correctly?!  Well, I'm going to have to remove you from this position because you don't know what you're doing!"

=.=

Took about 4 hours for this to happen - I work with special people. 

I got called out early by a coworker yesterday who wanted to chat. She said she had a bit of trouble at home, and when she wanted to talk to her boyfriend about it in the morning he didn't pick up the hint that she wanted to talk about it. 

I had a look at the texts:

Her: Good morning have a great day

Him: same to you, have fun at work [emoji storm] 

I was speechless. Ladies help me out here, what part of that even suggested that she was sad? 

2 hours ago, TheBrsrkr said:

I got called out early by a coworker yesterday who wanted to chat. She said she had a bit of trouble at home, and when she wanted to talk to her boyfriend about it in the morning he didn't pick up the hint that she wanted to talk about it. 

I had a look at the texts:

Her: Good morning have a great day

Him: same to you, have fun at work [emoji storm] 

I was speechless. Ladies help me out here, what part of that even suggested that she was sad? 

Eh, a snapshot like that doesn't give a lot of info.

If she is the over the top type who sends things like "I love you, hope you have a wonderful day and I'll see you later!! Xoxoxoxo"  then something that simple should be a big of a warning.  But if she sends the same thing, or similar, each morning, I got nothing besides she expected her guy to be a mind reader and should grow up a bit if that's the case.

But again, hard to know for sure without knowing the people.