The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reason why Excalibur Prime should be obtainable for all players.

TeaBegging

1 minute ago, EmptyDevil said:

Actually, i don't think a lawsuit would actually achieve anything - take a look at the Terms and EULA. It would be extremely distasteful if they brought it back, but i don't think the players could legally do anything. I agree that it should stay exclusive and people should just wait for Umbra.

Pretty sure there was something in the Founders pack texts that said that its contents will not return and are fully exclusive to the ones buying the pack. 

1 minute ago, Skycook3y said:

Pretty sure there was something in the Founders pack texts that said that its contents will not return and are fully exclusive to the ones buying the pack. 

Thats true ... but hey ... make them tradeable do not break something ..

Many Founders would sell their exclusives .. so i think exclusives should be tradeable everytime..

I also created that Kind of Topic ...like "make them tradeable" "stop the trading issue" ^^

Just now, Skycook3y said:

That statement is there to let other players know that DE is not going to release them again. The Terms and EULA still trumps all in the end, so if DE were to take a player's Founder's status(something they would never do) that player couldn't really do anything legally. 

6 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

+1 OP

basically i agree ; and any of these arguments about previous founders being butt-hurt are weak at best =/

IMHO DE should :

A - remove all of the solar landmarks and instead have a memorial in the relays and/or dojos that commemorate all of the top tier donators [or continue to leave the solar landmarks, whatevs, not sure how the new ui is going to look, but regardless, having a centralized location in the relays for the memorial would be much more visible than the way they have been previously displayed]

B - re-introduce excal/skana/lato primes, BUT then ALSO give existing founders new unique swag in return, ie

hunter - unique founder syandana

master - scarf + unique founder armor set

GM - scarf + armor + unique companion accessories [would be 3 'sets' ie the 3 sentinel parts as well as a kubrow and kavat armor set]

i think the above actions would MORE than accommodate any dissenting voices

What if i want the armor set? wouldn't be fair unless they give us the option of upgrading out tier. 

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

That statement is there to let other players know that DE is not going to release them again. The Terms and EULA still trumps all in the end, so if DE were to take a player's Founder's status(something they would never do) that player couldn't really do anything legally. 

Good to know

I say bring the founders pack back but triple the price (I don't even know what the price was, 150 I'm guessing?)  Then founders can go heh heh I got it cheaper punk! while the desperate can go OMG finally excal Prime! whee! for ten minutes before it starts collecting dust.

Seriously though, taking bets on how many pages before lock, I say 3 pages?

Honestly I wouldnt care if it meant they would update excalibure prime, he looks dusty as F***

Or they can bring him back and give founders a unique skin. Doesnt really matter, devs treat him like the plague so I doubt anything will happen.

Edited by Shreiko

3 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

Many Founders would sell their exclusives .. so i think exclusives should be tradeable everytime..

I also created that Kind of Topic ...like "make them tradeable" "stop the trading issue" ^^

There is a bit of something breaking that trading "loop hole". The requirements to trade a weapon are: it be unranked and it not have a potato or forma installed.....founders stuff came with potatos...

1 minute ago, Vargras said:

"Founders items were exclusive but should come back, here's why it'll be okay for Founders!"

Offers more exclusive items in exchange.

There's an issue with this, you know.

Yes but this exclusivity is mainly a new skin, something that make the founders more outstanding on the view. The resemblance between the prime and regular is barely noticeable.

2 minutes ago, WaRsHooTer666 said:

I personally think the trade restriction on most items should be lifted. Things like Archwing parts, normal non-quest frame parts, and some weapon parts/bps could be tradable. It might stimulate the economy a bit?

10 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

+1 OP

basically i agree ; and any of these arguments about previous founders being butt-hurt are weak at best =/

IMHO DE should :

A - remove all of the solar landmarks and instead have a memorial in the relays and/or dojos that commemorate all of the top tier donators [or continue to leave the solar landmarks, whatevs, not sure how the new ui is going to look, but regardless, having a centralized location in the relays for the memorial would be much more visible than the way they have been previously displayed]

B - re-introduce excal/skana/lato primes, BUT then ALSO give existing founders new unique swag in return, ie

GM - scarf + armor + unique companion accessories [would be 3 'sets' ie the 3 sentinel parts as well as a kubrow and kavat armor set]

>re-release exclusive and unleash massive S#&$ storm

>give them new exclusives

You know that this will end as a Neverending cycle right? 

2 minutes ago, TeaBegging said:

Yes but this exclusivity is mainly a new skin, something that make the founders more outstanding on the view. The resemblance between the prime and regular is barely noticeable.

If that's the case then pitch for a visual update to excal prime. Umbra is coming and it's going to be the "non founders" excal prime.

5 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

If that's the case then pitch for a visual update to excal prime. Umbra is coming and it's going to be the "non founders" excal prime.

Haven't they said it's gonna be completely different line of frames?

But yea, I think Definetely-not-prime Excalibur that's farmable like every other prime would be more then enough to cover the issue. At least for me.

Give us that awesome chineese exclusive version maybe? Not like they will be upset, playing on different client :P

Edited by Serafim_94

Just now, Serafim_94 said:

Haven't they said it's gonna be completely different line of frames?

But yea, I think Definetely-not-prime Excalibur that's farmable like every other prime would be more then enough to cover the issue. At least for me.

They said its a different frame but seriously. its excal prime with a different coat of paint. they are just going around it. at face value it's a buffed version, has gold, most likely will have death orb interaction. pretty much a prime frame of another name.

18 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

+1 OP

IMHO DE should :

Oh yeah, that'll totally work. give MORE exclusives for people to gripe and moan about not having... TOTALLY a great idea

I should hope you also realize that for some of us who bought the Founders packs bought the ones we did for the specific rewards. I didn't care much for the Skana/Lato Primes, I just wanted the Frame. So I limited myself to Hunter. so unless that "Suggestion" (which is still a terrible suggestion BTW) included an option to Upgrade your Founder Status, it'd only cause EVEN MORE Backlash. only from Founders as WELL now. just a horrible horrible idea all-around

23 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

+1 OP

IMHO DE should :

I quite agree, having locked game altering content not only limits how much swag a founder can show off, but also limits the weapons potential due to being so limited, why bother buffing or changing them?

Founder exclusive cosmetics in exchange for releasing the prime gear to the public would be the best, albeit timely but good for all.

1 minute ago, kitsu said:

I quite agree, having locked game altering content not only limits how much swag a founder can show off, but also limits the weapons potential due to being so limited, why bother buffing or changing them?

Founder exclusive cosmetics in exchange for releasing the prime gear to the public would be the best, albeit timely but good for all.

Like posted before, unless it included the option of upgrading founder tiers, then it would be completely unfair. and would still cause a S#&$ storm since founders packs would "technically" be re-released and non founders wouldn't be able to access it.

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Like posted before, unless it included the option of upgrading founder tiers, then it would be completely unfair. and would still cause a S#&$ storm since founders packs would "technically" be re-released and non founders wouldn't be able to access it.

Technically it would be an addition to all of those that funded in the founders packs. Sigils are highly noticeable as well as their profiles are marked with their founder status. I am just saying in exchange and if only a majority of founders agree on it, to let DE create a set of cosmetic sayadana, sugatra, and armor that all founders can have and be exclusive to them in exchange for letting the founders let DE release the prime gear to the general public.

Founders get more, as they always wanted, and players get to use weapons and gear that have benefits in gameplay (how ever small, it still is a benefit) as well as MR.

23 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

Actually, i don't think a lawsuit would actually achieve anything - take a look at the Terms and EULA. It would be extremely distasteful if they brought it back, but i don't think the players could legally do anything. I agree that it should stay exclusive and people should just wait for Umbra.

Oh yes they very well could. At least by Canadian Laws, since it would fall under false advertising. You can take that up with the Better Business Bureau here and they take that stuff very very seriously. 

21 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

+1 OP

IMHO DE should :

Sorry Cyber I gotta disagree with you. I want what I paid for no more no less. I don't want arbitrary changes to what I bought because people came in later who want it now or want how things are to be different. That's like demanding the creator of a limited print that's sold out make you one because you saw the print some other dude had and now want it, then suggesting that no one will mind because you are going to give them tassles and ribbons. They may be fine looking tassles and the most delightful of ribbons but they don't change the fact that your item has now been shown to be carelessly duplicated, handed out with little thought of the reason behind the limited amount, and essentially devalued as a status symbol. Yes I know Excal prime as a status symbol is elitist, but that's part of the idea it was sold on and nothing will change that feeling for many people.

Just now, kitsu said:

Technically it would be an addition to all of those that funded in the founders packs. Sigils are highly noticeable as well as their profiles are marked with their founder status. I am just saying in exchange and if only a majority of founders agree on it, to let DE create a set of cosmetic sayadana, sugatra, and armor that all founders can have and be exclusive to them in exchange for letting the founders let DE release the prime gear to the general public.

Founders get more, as they always wanted, and players get to use weapons and gear that have benefits in gameplay (how ever small, it still is a benefit) as well as MR.

Well If it were like that then maybe. but if it were like the person you quoted where all the cosmetics were locked away by tiers. then that would cause a S#&$ storm.