The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reason why Excalibur Prime should be obtainable for all players.

TeaBegging

No

You already said you played when back when the pack was available (for whatever reasons you didn't buy one), so move on

This is basically shoulda, woulda, coulda.... Wait for Umbra

And also, tiering the compensations (that will never come), if your ideas did happen, how would it work? the most paying founders receive all compensation and other founders receive less for allowing the items to be re-released? No, at this point a founder is a founder, you never hear a founder *@##$ing because they missed out on a lato prime... Do you?

So again, move on gang =)

Edited by Zejjie

3 minutes ago, Zejjie said:

No

You already said you played when back when the pack was available (for whatever reasons you didn't buy one), so move on

This is basically shoulda, woulda, coulda.... Wait for Umbra

And also, tiering the compensations (that will never come), if your ideas did happen, how would it work? the most paying founders receive all compensation and other founders receive less for allowing the items to be re-released? No, at this point a founder is a founder, you never hear a founder *@##$ing because they missed out on a lato prime... Do you?

So again, move on gang =)

i want a lato prime! ;( lol jk. 

5 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Well If it were like that then maybe. but if it were like the person you quoted where all the cosmetics were locked away by tiers. then that would cause a S#&$ storm.

Ah, I missed that part with tiers and cosmetics. That be a bad idea...

I know some founders want to hold onto what they got, but with the rise of Excalibur umbra and the potential of having better stats than Excalibur prime, who knows what kind of problems that may cause.

Cause, as everything in warframe moves on, updates and changes and grows, all the founder gear gets outdated more and more. This is not a game where there is a final build and what was exclusive is the best deal or stuff around. As the game evolves, some changes are necessary.

Me personally, I don't really care one way or the other, but if founders complain about Excalibur umbra (Avaiable to all) being better than Excalibur prime (exclusive to founders) I might need to find a good wall to hit my head on. Locked content also means outdated content in an ever changing world.

Edited by kitsu

1 minute ago, kitsu said:

Ah, I missed that part with tiers and cosmetics. That be a bad idea...

I know some founders want to hold onto what they got, but with the rise of Excalibur umbra and the potential of having better stats than Excalibur prime, who knows what kind of problems that may cause.

Cause, as everything in warframe moves on, updates and changes and grows, all the founder gear gets outdated more and more. This is not a game where there is a final build and what was exclusive is the best deal or stuff around. As the game evolves, some changes are necessary.

Me personally, I don't really care one way or the other, but if founders complain about Excalibur umbra (Avaiable to all) being better than Excalibur prime (exclusive to founders) I might need to find a good wall to hit my head on. Locked content also means outdated content in an ever changing world.

All i've kept saying is make them equal in stats. that way nobody gets butthurt. but i will get called entitled by some salty non founders for no apparent reason other than i'm a founder. sadly is the nature of this ever growing toxic community. But to say founders gear shouldn't be touched is a bit ridiculous. If DE, say, decided one day "all primes need a 6th ability exclusive to the prime" then that would include excal prime because it is included in the category of prime frames. 

Just like Primes now being direct upgrades instead of just visual upgrades, so too should excal prime be included because it's a blanket thing. 

31 minutes ago, Genitive said:

Dear Lotus... Excalibur Prime will never be availble to non-founders because of legal reasons, deal with it. And just because some people were not able to get Founders Packs when they were availble is not a valid reason to reintroduce them. Actually, no reason is valid.

Seriously, the forums should have a separate section explaining why Excalibur Prime will never return.

Clem Noggle statue was exclusive for a week and then came back by miracle to be permanent item in the market.

Deluxe skins as well, it was exclusive for some days, and now its permanent in the market.

I bough them thinking it was never going to be back in the game as it was saying "limited" but they lied in the end ... (I even wish i could get a refund, because i feel scamed for buying "limited" things that are not limited at all...)

So this could happen with any other items / warframes / weapons.

I understand why most of the foundators doesn't wants that to happens.

12 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

Oh yes they very well could. At least by Canadian Laws, since it would fall under false advertising. You can take that up with the Better Business Bureau here and they take that stuff very very seriously. 

Sorry Cyber I gotta disagree with you. I want what I paid for no more no less. I don't want arbitrary changes to what I bought because people came in later who want it now or want how things are to be different. That's like demanding the creator of a limited print that's sold out make you one because you saw the print some other dude had and now want it, then suggesting that no one will mind because you are going to give them tassles and ribbons. They may be fine looking tassles and the most delightful of ribbons but they don't change the fact that your item has now been shown to be carelessly duplicated, handed out with little thought of the reason behind the limited amount, and essentially devalued as a status symbol. Yes I know Excal prime as a status symbol is elitist, but that's part of the idea it was sold on and nothing will change that feeling for many people.

I'd like to kindly inform you that the original deal that founders access gave was an Excalibur prime that had no beneficial stats over the original. What you say means that you would prefer to never had Excalibur prime altered, changed, or updated to match with the newer system of prime warframes and preferred to have kept to the original outdated deal? The deal has already been altered, not just for Excalibur prime stats, but when star chart 1.0 became 2.0, and it will be altered again to compensate or match with star chart 3.0.

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

All i've kept saying is make them equal in stats. that way nobody gets butthurt. but i will get called entitled by some salty non founders for no apparent reason other than i'm a founder. sadly is the nature of this ever growing toxic community. But to say founders gear shouldn't be touched is a bit ridiculous. If DE, say, decided one day "all primes need a 6th ability exclusive to the prime" then that would include excal prime because it is included in the category of prime frames. 

Just like Primes now being direct upgrades instead of just visual upgrades, so too should excal prime be included because it's a blanket thing. 

I agree, but with the rise of Excalibur umbra, and the rumors of having better stats over Excalibur prime, I don't want to really see any founders feeling entitled that their exclusive gear to be updated again to be better than Excalibur umbra, which one is available to all, including founders. This is the consequence of having locked or exclusive content, it kind of gets stuck in the past.

Just now, clemza said:

Clem Noggle statue was exclusive for a week and then came back by miracle to be permanent item in the market.

Deluxe skins as well, it was exclusive for some days, and now its permanent in the market.

I bough them thinking it was never going to be back in the game as it was saying "limited" but they lied in the end ... (I even wish i could get a refund, because i feel scamed for buying "limited" things that are not limited at all...)

So this could happen with any other items / warframes / weapons.

I understand why most of the foundators doesn't wants that to happens.

You do know that DE has said, and it's captured on video, that founders (and lato/braton vandal) won't come out again ever. On the devstream in question, a forum member posed the question of event items (and founders/closed beta items) returning to which steve(i believe) said everything but founders and braton/lato would be eligible to return which includes deluxe skins and noggles

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

You do know that DE has said, and it's captured on video, that founders (and lato/braton vandal) won't come out again ever. On the devstream in question, a forum member posed the question of event items (and founders/closed beta items) returning to which steve(i believe) said everything but founders and braton/lato would be eligible to return which includes deluxe skins and noggles

Well in the market it was saying "xx hours left" without any infos that these items were suppose to be available again later, not everyone watch the streams, i usualy sleep at this time.

Just now, clemza said:

Well in the market it was saying "xx hours left" without any infos that these items were suppose to be available again later, not everyone watch the streams, i usualy sleep at this time.

just cause some people haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Now you do know.

2 minutes ago, kitsu said:

I'd like to kindly inform you that the original deal that founders access gave was an Excalibur prime that had no beneficial stats over the original. What you say means that you would prefer to never had Excalibur prime altered, changed, or updated to match with the newer system of prime warframes and preferred to have kept to the original outdated deal? The deal has already been altered, not just for Excalibur prime stats, but when star chart 1.0 became 2.0, and it will be altered again to compensate or match with star chart 3.0.

I agree, but with the rise of Excalibur umbra, and the rumors of having better stats over Excalibur prime, I don't want to really see any founders feeling entitled that their exclusive gear to be updated again to be better than Excalibur umbra, which one is available to all, including founders. This is the consequence of having locked or exclusive content, it kind of gets stuck in the past.

That's actually false, It had a higher base shield recharge rate that was removed because people complained about it. What I bought was access to excalibur prime, skana prime, and the design council. When the founders program was to end we were told that the founder exclusives: Excalibur prime, skana prime, and lato prime would not be available for purchase ever again. So the product I have is access to excalibur prime, skana prime, design council, and the knowledge that no one other than a founder has access to founder exclusive items.  While the items may be adjusted along with the rest of the game the access to the items that were said to be exclusive to founders has never been altered.

Just now, LordOfScrugging said:

just cause some people haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Now you do know.

Right i do know when its too late :l If they wanted people to know it could have been described in the market at least.

Just now, Drasiel said:

That's actually false, It had a higher base shield recharge rate that was removed because people complained about it. What I bought was access to excalibur prime, skana prime, and the design council. When the founders program was to end we were told that the founder exclusives: Excalibur prime, skana prime, and lato prime would not be available for purchase ever again. So the product I have is access to excalibur prime, skana prime, design council, and the knowledge that no one other than a founder has access to founder exclusive items.  While the items may be adjusted along with the rest of the game the access to the items that were said to be exclusive to founders has never been altered.

That never happened. The shield recharge was a rumor and was tested false.

I dont imagine DE will rerelease Excal Prime, thats been stated before.

But as for why people want it, I imagine there are different reasons, some may have little to do with status.

Personally Id be interested in it because it would complete the set of Primes, without it the set is permanently incomplete. (This is after all a game mostly about collecting.) I dont really care how good it is or what it looks like, or how many others do or dont have it. I just want a complete set.

Fortunately it is still possible to please everyone, (probably not,) and it wouldnt even be that hard.

Leave Excalibur Prime as it is, the first, the exclusive, but also make it the only. (Even more prestige & status for the lucky few! )

Then just rename all the other primes to something else, a simple text change. Legio, Imperatur, Rex, Fido whatever and then you can release a new Excalibur (not) prime.

The same could be done for the exclusive weapons, leaving the Prime items for the founders and whatever the new set is called for everyone else.

As for saying wait for Umbra, thats not a replacement, its a new set. It fixes nothing.

Just now, clemza said:

Right i do know when its too late :l If they wanted people to know it could have been described in the market at least.

Ok, look at it this way. If DE intended it to be a one time thing, they'd have stated before hand that it would go away forever like they stated when founders ended.

1 minute ago, Grimlar said:

As for saying wait for Umbra, thats not a replacement, its a new set. It fixes nothing.

It's a prime frame of a different name.

Just now, LordOfScrugging said:

That never happened. The shield recharge was a rumor and was tested false.

All I can give you is my personal experience from when I started that it was faster, and the anecdotal evidence of the masses of complaints about excalibur prime being slightly more powerful and pay to win from the time.

2 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

Ok, look at it this way. If DE intended it to be a one time thing, they'd have stated before hand that it would go away forever like they stated when founders ended.

It's a prime frame of a different name.

Right, thanks for the info anyway ;)

Just now, Drasiel said:

All I can give you is my personal experience from when I started that it was faster, and the anecdotal evidence of the masses of complaints about excalibur prime being slightly more powerful and pay to win from the time.

Had excal prime during the same time and all shields recharged the same and no mention of it in the wiki aside from it being stated as a rumor. besides, shield recharge is a pretty lame stat to buff. in higher missions your shields are gone regardless so it's not like it would matter.

1 hour ago, LordOfScrugging said:

What if i want the armor set? wouldn't be fair unless they give us the option of upgrading out tier. 

Yes , because excalibur is the one that is owned by hunter / Master / Grandmaster...

So .. Logical .. they would all receive that gear that was mentioned by CY13ERPUNK

2 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

No one is able to clime or deny Excalibur prime had a faster shield recharge. Only DE really knows, and they never stated Excalibur prime had a faster shield recharge.

5 minutes ago, Grimlar said:

I dont imagine DE will rerelease Excal Prime, thats been stated before.

But as for why people want it, I imagine there are different reasons, some may have little to do with status.

Personally Id be interested in it because it would complete the set of Primes, without it the set is permanently incomplete. (This is after all a game mostly about collecting.) I dont really care how good it is or what it looks like, or how many others do or dont have it. I just want a complete set.

Fortunately it is still possible to please everyone, (probably not,) and it wouldnt even be that hard.

Leave Excalibur Prime as it is, the first, the exclusive, but also make it the only. (Even more prestige & status for the lucky few! )

Then just rename all the other primes to something else, a simple text change. Legio, Imperatur, Rex, Fido whatever and then you can release a new Excalibur (not) prime.

The same could be done for the exclusive weapons, leaving the Prime items for the founders and whatever the new set is called for everyone else.

Honestly, this is getting to a point where we should just let the founders choose what they want to do. Put in something in the shop that allows to turn a weapon or maybe prime warframes as tradable, albeit the costs of making it tradable high, and the taxes high too.

I don't mind if a prisma lato is released, being better than the lato vandal and lato prime, long as it is an option available to everyone, much like Excalibur umbra will be, and with better stats than Excalibur prime if they keep the stats.

OP, this thread was just a bad idea, plain and simple. there are some Jimmies you shouldn't rustle, and the Founders is one of them.

and to everyone saying "we'll give them new exclusive stuff", what's that gonna do? eventually you're going to want THAT as well, or someone else is, and then there will be threads about that and so on.

this topic is dead, just let it rest in peace, for the sake of everybody's sanity.

Founder gear have to be exclusive and better.

They supported a new game that was buggy, had not alot of content. They paid devs, with the only wish that the game would be good.

You all are saying founder are salty,but look a bit. You guys are salty. You didnt paid anything at the start, they do. You want them to have equal gear to you? BullS#&$.

Close this thread fast please mods.... And permaban these trolls that didnt seen that DE LEGALLY cannot do this.