Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NERF FREAKING SAPPING OSPREYS

LordKenshi-EN-

4 minutes ago, achromos said:

The ONLY unit I've had issues with personally are the Sapping ospreys.  Sure, I kill them on sight, but they spawn quite often in my experience AND going for them while popping nullifier bubbles, watching for all the other enemy types as well as keeping a eye on your mission objective (survival, life support, or defending a terminal) good luck.  They are a small unit that drop mines EVERYWHERE and those mines at high enough level will drop YOU.

Sure... simple solution you say?  Get out of the AoE you say?  Sure.  Now another mine is placed at your feet, and another and another and pretty soon the floor is lava.  Then what?  Meanwhile you are killing the sapping ospreys but for each one you kill... another shows up!

Where is your lotus now?!  Tenno!

Thanks dude....you are one of the few that understands me...People on this forum post are pretending to be too smart...and even if you jump in the air you get killed.At least they can fix that...

7 minutes ago, MoonHorse said:

But can't we just have fun ???

This is exactly why things need to be balanced, both up and down. Too far out of balance in either direction is not fun. 

Edited by KinetosImpetus

Just now, MoonHorse said:

Thanks dude....you are one of the few that understands me...People on this forum post are pretending to be too smart...and even if you jump in the air you get killed.At least they can fix that...

Wow.  Any shred of credibility you had just disappeared. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Akabane85 said:

Agree, those mines need nerf. From my experience, those mines have super high damage and a huge radius area, not only on the ground, but they also hit you in the air. I know you can shoot the mines to disable it, but it is hard. In sortie, the sapping osprey spawn crazy, sometimes even a room is fully covered by their mines.

The problem I had is

1. The mines are too small and hard to shoot. Not talking about aoe weapons. It is hard to aim and shoot, especially when you need to concern about those group of high level corpus around you. Plus im not good at using controller, well this should not be the problem of the game.

2. Damage area too wide, including the air. When I have to give up shooting the mines because the reason I said above, so I decide to pass around it. But sometimes the mines trap me in a corner and I have no way to go around it , I can't stay on there until the mines has gone because enemies are shooting at me. So I jump above to get pass it, but then the mine kills me. THIS is what I mainly ask for nerf. What kind of technology did corpus have to create a high sensitivity mines that can detect and kill you even your not touching it. Please DE remove the features that the mines can kill you in the air, otherwise I don't have big issues with it.

Mines too small? I highly recommend AoE weapon (Ex: Ignis) or frame procs AoE range to clean lava floor since the mines health is small.

Personally Sapping Ospreys are okay for me so far after the nerf. Only thing I'd change is the AoE mines shouldn't go thru walls or objects.

Just now, MoonHorse said:

Im not pointing at ANYBODY here...just people pretend to know everything...

Didn't say you were talking about anyone specifically, but claiming that people are pretending to know things is outrageous and also hypocritical.  

1 minute ago, Fionntan said:

Mines too small? I highly recommend AoE weapon (Ex: Ignis) or frame procs AoE range to clean lava floor since the mines health is small.

Personally Sapping Ospreys are okay for me so far after the nerf. Only thing I'd change is the AoE mines shouldn't go thru walls or objects.

Well somebody doesn't have AoE weapon or somebody doesn't like them so what then ? what if somebody loves using a bow or a rifle ?

11 minutes ago, MoonHorse said:

But can't we just have fun ??? Seriously tho...why did Triton ever got nerfed ? This should be fun game and not nerf everything to make them hate their lifes...and add more horrible enemies that insta kill you (pointing at ospreys,bursas,nullifiers)... yeah some of them are not nerfes but some people consider it a nerf so i just put it on there...there are more but i rather woudn't talk about it because it needs seperate post for it...

*Sigh* Watch this video:

18 minutes ago, MoonHorse said:

Well somebody doesn't have AoE weapon or somebody doesn't like them so what then ? what if somebody loves using a bow or a rifle ?

Then form group ask for AoE frame or weapon in recruit?

"H Sortie 1-3, need AoE frame or weapon user"

and possibly work on farming for one. Is all down bringing right tools for the mission ~

Now that gave some though, spray weapons like Supra works as well clear mines.

Edited by Fionntan
Additional details

1 minute ago, Noamuth said:

Didn't say you were talking about anyone specifically, but claiming that people are pretending to know things is outrageous and also hypocritical.  

Yeah it's so outrageous....Im going to cry in a corner now...Welcome to the internet bro ! People do that stuff on here...

I think the damage scaling on those things and the fact that their mines also hit through walls is the problem.

I know about the mines being killable if targeted at directly. But you can't very well kill something in the next room when you don't even know it's there now can you?

So here's my proposal.

Make the damage pulses staggered. Say the total damage for the total lifespan of a mine is X. First pulse deals X/10, second pulse deals 2X/10, then 3X/10, finally 4X/10. As the damage gets progressively higher, make the effects change colors from white initially to finally bright red.

Secondly, limit the areal damage to not hit through ground level obstacles and extends vertically only up to a certain height. If you take cover, these shouldn't hit you. If you use your dexterity to avoid them, these shouldn't hit you.

Both of these suggestions is to reward people with decent situational awareness and evasive tactics, instead of punishing people for being on the wrong place at the wrong time with no riposte.

2 hours ago, MoonHorse said:

Sure...you are in room with 3 ospreys and 2 nulls with giant bubbles and 1 freaking bursa and 100 more freaking enemies...kill that...raged so hard because of this...

Step One: Kill  nullifiers

Step Two: use any CC/AOE ability ever

Step Three: ???

Step Four: Profit.

Spoiler

Seriously though, nerf those sapping ospreys, I entered a corpus sortie mission once, I regret it to this day.

10 minutes ago, MoonHorse said:

Yeah it's so outrageous....Im going to cry in a corner now...Welcome to the internet bro ! People do that stuff on here...

Pulling the Welcome to the Internet card does not excuse you for saying something completely absurd but by all means keep digging your own grave.

7 minutes ago, clemza said:

I said Someone in general, it could have been any youtuber

Its alright, its just that... did you take a look at Her Shyness' face? I felt like she was trying to give me an important message... one that didnt need words. Made me feel enlighted, it was the face of a true female beauty. So I've overreacted, sorry.

1 minute ago, Venom-Snake said:

Its alright, its just that... did you take a look at Her Shyness' face? I felt like she was trying to give me an important message... one that didnt need words. Made me feel enlighted, it was the face of a true female beauty. So I've overreacted, sorry.

You are talking about a huge mid finger head :X

2 minutes ago, IronWolfKnight said:

Pulling the Welcome to the Internet card does not excuse you for saying something completely absurd but by all means keep digging your own grave.

Here you go again...are you guys psychologists or are we actually going to talk about topic here huh ?

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

They already did.

U18.7: "Reduced the Sapping Ospreys base damage and removed Proc chance."

That was a well needed nerf, but it doesn't matter when ospreys shoot two of those balls at a time more often than not and then proceed to spam the entire room with them creating a floor of death.

21 minutes ago, MoonHorse said:

Here you go again...are you guys psychologists or are we actually going to talk about topic here huh ?

Actually we do have some psychologist that play this game. One of the better posters in this forum is a lawyer. Just wait into Blakrana gets here to tear you a new one.