Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removal of the sentinel mods?

mishmashmarsh

YYBezmp.jpg

These mods are 100% a waste of space, reasoning? Well some people will argue that they don't want there Sentinel to steal there kills and remove the mod, but you can remove your sentinels weapon rendering this mod pointless.

I don't know if this is being worked on or not. If anyone has anything to say on the matter leave a comment and I'll try to get back to you. Thanks for reading :)

Edited by mishmashmarsh

10 minutes ago, mishmashmarsh said:

But you could have another common mod in it's place if they removed it.

Like what?

EDIT: Let me expand on this a bit.

If we replaced the Sent. mods with some other mod, then we haven't really made any progress; someone else would complain that they have a lot of useless Ammo Drum, Dig or Broken Serration mods that are taking up space in their infinite inventory.  

There is no downside to that many duplicate mods; you can dump them into other mods for ranking up or sell them and get, judging from your stash, at least a million extra credits. 

Edited by Noamuth

There is a point to having the freedom to not having a sentinel have abilitie-/attackmods equipped: You can't control their usage.

For the warframe it made perfect sense to remove it, as you have complete control over wether you want to use a skill or not.
For the Sentinels, not. They don't even have mods that are worth it past the regulars.

5 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Like what?

Idk something good at least. The mods themselves are pointless you can sell any common mod + it would make the drop tables a bit less crowded. god knows we need that.

The point is that the sentinel attack mods are 100% useless. If a mod exists for the sole purpose of selling it then what's the point in having that mod take the place of another more useful mod you could sell?

3 minutes ago, ScribbleClash said:

There is a point to having the freedom to not having a sentinel have abilitie-/attackmods equipped: You can't control their usage.

For the warframe it made perfect sense to remove it, as you have complete control over wether you want to use a skill or not.
For the Sentinels, not. They don't even have mods that are worth it past the regulars.

Seems like we need more worth wile sentinel mods.

2 minutes ago, mishmashmarsh said:

Idk something good at least. The mods themselves are pointless you can sell any common mod + it would make the drop tables a bit less crowded. god knows we need that.

The point is that the sentinel attack mods are 100% useless. If a mod exists for the sole purpose of selling it then what's the point in having that mod take the place of another more useful mod you could sell?

We don't really need a cleaned droptable for regular enemies (and void caches). :|
The mods are also not useless, you can equip them on your sentinel and they need a dropsource in case you sell your last.

2 minutes ago, mishmashmarsh said:

Seems like we need more worth wile sentinel mods.

They're actually all quite well. What else do you really need? Sentinels aren't supposed to be their own supreme killing machine. They're your support.

24 minutes ago, Noamuth said:

Like what?

EDIT: Let me expand on this a bit.

If we replaced the Sent. mods with some other mod, then we haven't really made any progress; someone else would complain that they have a lot of useless Ammo Drum, Dig or Broken Serration mods that are taking up space in their infinite inventory.  

There is no downside to that many duplicate mods; you can dump them into other mods for ranking up or sell them and get, judging from your stash, at least a million extra credits. 

I get what your saying, also have a quick look at the credits in the top left of the image think Ima be ok :P

3 minutes ago, Kulvar said:

What would be great is the ability to turn mods into cores...
It would clean a lot of space in the mod inventory.

If I remember right (but I may be wrong), DE talked about this feature, and it should be implemented with U19 

1 hour ago, mishmashmarsh said:

I don’t know if this is being worked on or not. If anyone has anything to say on the matter leave a comment and I'll try to get back to you. Thanks for reading :)

Looter exists for those who want to be lazy but not that lazy. Looter without an attack precept means your sentinel will attack crates and nothing else. It’s beautiful.

4 hours ago, mishmashmarsh said:
4 hours ago, Noamuth said:

I like having that many extra mods due to them being either modding fodder or credit fodder.

But you could have another common mod in it's place if they removed it.

I don't understand your point.  If by "another common mod" you mean they take up space then use them for modding or sell them as already mentioned.  If by "another common mod" you mean a mod that replaces it, that doesn't make much sense.

It's like your complaining about free credits.

4 hours ago, Drufo said:

You know how many credits you can get from those? 

As you go along into the game, credits become irrelevant, and you end up preferring trash mods that you can use to rank up other mods, over using any kind of cores or a duplicate of that mod you want to rank up, or even uncommon or rares. To me, these sentinel mods are a godsend so I dont use anything else to fuse, I get to discard these on smaller things, and the cores, or polarity matching uncommon and rare mods, get used to rank up the heavy stuff like R10 or L10 mods. Simply because getting credits is easy. Anything that makes me save cores is welcome in my mod pile, regardless of credit expense.

TLDR trash mods are good to offset core use once you reach the point where credit expense is irrelevant.

Edited by nms.

2 hours ago, nms. said:

As you go along into the game, credits become irrelevant, and you end up preferring trash mods that you can use to rank up other mods, over using any kind of cores or a duplicate of that mod you want to rank up, or even uncommon or rares. To me, these sentinel mods are a godsend so I dont use anything else to fuse, I get to discard these on smaller things, and the cores, or polarity matching uncommon and rare mods, get used to rank up the heavy stuff like R10 or L10 mods. Simply because getting credits is easy. Anything that makes me save cores is welcome in my mod pile, regardless of credit expense.

TLDR trash mods are good to offset core use once you reach the point where credit expense is irrelevant.

Credits and junk mods are never irrelevant because we have transmuting.  You can transmute very, very valuable mods out of junk.  I personally got two Vengeful Revenants that way, back when they were still worth over 500 plat.  It's never not a good idea to have transmute fodder around, for when new non-event mods hit.  You can make bank.

howbout no, being able to control how your Sentinel functions(both priorities and Ranges) is critically important to it's use in Gameplay.
there's nothing better for you to get in it's place anyways, so removing a big control piece of the game for no reason is extremely ignorant.

if you don't understand why something exists, i recommend learning why it exists first.

Edited by taiiat

18 hours ago, mishmashmarsh said:

Reveal hidden contents

YYBezmp.jpg

These mods are 100% a waste of space, reasoning? Well some people will argue that they don't want there Sentinel to steal there kills and remove the mod, but you can remove your sentinels weapon rendering this mod pointless.

I don't know if this is being worked on or not. If anyone has anything to say on the matter leave a comment and I'll try to get back to you. Thanks for reading :)

You have like 3 or 4 max rank primed mods worth of fusion right there.