Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I love the redeemer, and you probably should to

Joecap111

Question

So, the redeemer. I don't see it a lot (only once or twice in the past month), but it seemed unique with it's built in shotgun shenanigans and strange crafting recipe, not to mention it's Tenno-made, something that I really like in most of my guns. So I made it. And I loved it. It's more flexible than any other melee, the charge shot feels, looks, and sounds great, and high noon (while hard to get) is a great stance that manages to be both insanely useful and undeniably sexy at the same time. This thing CC's like a jat kitty, snipes better than a orthos prime, and hits harder than war with the right mods. And to top it all off, the finisher animation is fast, high damage, and sexy as hell. GO MAKE THIS GUN. You won't regret it.

tl;dr-the redeemer is really cool. Get it.

Edited by Joecap111
Grammars

4 minutes ago, Icpmcp said:

Scythes can be weapons though

Battle Scythes are the same but with a 90 degree tilted blade

DSCF3289a.png

Useful but doesn't really look cool

That's just a polearm. A scythe blade is too flimsy for a weapon and uses completely different mounting hardware. That isn't a converted scythe, it's a purpose built weapon. 

1 minute ago, KinetosImpetus said:

It's a fauchard. 

A war scythe is a kind of improvised pole weapon, similar to a fauchard, usually created from standard scythes.[citation needed] The blade of the scythe is rotated so as to extend upright from the pole, thus forming an infantry weapon more practical both in offensive actions against enemy infantry and as a defensive measure against enemy cavalry.

Edited by Icpmcp

1 minute ago, Icpmcp said:

Can't delete quote from mobile 

1 minute ago, Naith said:

Don't see why the discussion of whether scythes are viable is taking place when it's clear it doesn't actually matter.

Because making scythe fanboys salty is fun. 

Just now, Naith said:

Don't see why the discussion of whether scythes are viable is still taking place when it's clear it doesn't actually matter.

Scythes(or Pickaxes :P) have become a bit better after their small rework but they still lack in range

I mean rescaling them to Jat Kittag size would be alright wouldn't it ?

Poles with blades on them come in a variety of designs. Fauchards, bardiches, glaives (real glaives are polearm weapons, not throwing weapons like in Warframe). None of them are "war-scythes". Even if you took the blade off of a scythe and fashioned it to a pole after reforging the blade, it'd stop being a scythe altogether. A scythe is a farming tool, nothing more, nothing less.

16 minutes ago, Icpmcp said:

Its a so called War Scythe

>wikipedia

>reliable source of information

Pick one.

13 minutes ago, Icpmcp said:

A war scythe is a kind of improvised pole weapon, similar to a fauchard, usually created from standard scythes.[citation needed] The blade of the scythe is rotated so as to extend upright from the pole, thus forming an infantry weapon more practical both in offensive actions against enemy infantry and as a defensive measure against enemy cavalry.

edb639afd7.jpg

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/unreal/images/5/59/Warhead_Launcher.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20150219042438&path-prefix=en

before

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/d/d6/TnoGunblade.png/revision/latest?cb=20141127183103

(Why do we have to bother with this unnecessary forum panel? Every fancy pancy company uses this useless forum layout, which is bugging frequently. Either rollback the changes or give us the option switching between the older and newer one, which is highly possible for an amateur HTML/PHP scripter! Or just give us the BBcode trigger back!)

Edited by 0Skyrim0

1 minute ago, 0Skyrim0 said:

Tonkor mechanics ...

THE Redeemer mechanics...

Arc behavior ...

Either straight or remote ...

Yea "they are the same":

I made a joke. But I don't even know what your original point was and given that all you did was post two images and say one word, I don't know what we were supposed to gleam from it.

Redeemer is pretty interesting but i never felt so confident with it. Tried it a few times even after having mastered the weapon but still never felt it as good as the other weapons i had in hand so i kept to my Kronen for the high slash damage, quick and repeatable spin attacks in the same space and extra mobility with its jump attack.

My current favorite is the Lacera of which i managed to get 1024 Corrosive damage and 99% Status chance, so basically all attacks decrease enemy`s armor by 25% per hit, Grineers suffer most from it since their weak to Corrosive attacks, Its also very effective against Infested Ancients due to their Fossil Armor, no enemy has resistance to Corrosive damage with the exception of Eximus that spawn with it naturally.

I tried using the Warframe Builder to compared my Lacera build with the best i came up with for the Redeemer, focusing the Redeemer on Slash since its highest and the Lacera on Corrosive and got 600 Damage for the Redeemer against 1049 on the Lacera. So im sticking to my Lacera. :3

The redeemer has... Interesting stats. It's crit/status/damage holds for every one of the ten pellets it fires, giving it a base charged damage of 750 and a deceptively high crit and status. This is very noticeable on long rages shots, whitch almost always proc impact. I find with crit chance/status mods the charges shot is very effective at proccing things like corrosive and viral, yet the stats still show very low numbers. The same for crits. If you want a build that is more obviously deadly, try channeling. You can get some pretty awesome numbers that way.

4 hours ago, ScorpDK said:

Redeemer

Melee-Only Mission / Rank-Up Test

:3

*pulls out Redeemer from across the map (Primed Reach) and shoots ERRYBODY from safe distance for (generally) insta-kills*

Bless this weapon. But yes, a second melee gun would be appreciated. Variety in design and mayhaps slightly different mechanics. We got 5 glaives, after all.

I wouldn't mind have some (dual) punching glove(s) that allow you to charge up a powerful projectile that has innate punch-through or massive ragdoll+knockback effect.

Minus the part where the Glaives have the tendency to severely damage/kill you if you attempt to hit someone within 8 meter distance. Or being silly enough to not equip a maxed Quick Return with your Power Throw. Those extra bounces are lethal.

Wait, Primed Reach increases the range of the shot? 0_0

1 hour ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

Wait, Primed Reach increases the range of the shot? 0_0

As far as we tested, yes. Reach/Primed Reach adds range to both swings and the gun's effective shot range. If the gun has spread or damage falloff, it also pushes those further back so you can basically snipe enemies halfway across a large map tile and still deal around 75-150K damage per shot (on headshots, iirc).

Throw in a basic speed mod (not Berserker, it doesn't trigger from ranged hits) and go wild with the charge combos.

Goes very well with Ivara, btw.

Edited by ScorpDK