Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best dagger for a finisher damage build?

Zeta44

Question

I'm considering getting a single dagger and configuring it for an entirely finisher damage based build (covert lethalty + finishing touch), then pair that with desiccation for constant healing. 

out of the daggers we have, which one would be the most effective for that kind of build? 

17 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Hekovashi said:

Ceramic dagger is best ones for finishers since it have best attack speed. Definitely not dark dagger, coz aug proc can alert other mobs. Also you don't need finishing touch if you running with covert.

Base attack speed doesn't really matter. You can try finishers with both Sheev (slowest dagger) and Ceramic dagger (fastest one) in simulacrum - you won't see the difference in speed at all.

19 minutes ago, Lokime said:

Any dagger. All of them OHKO everything (except some bosses i guess) if affected by the finisher. 

Personally, i use Dark Dagger, cause it has augment mod. 

This. also if you're running covert lethality then you dont need finishing touch, maybe put fury or whatever on in its place?

Dark Dagger (with augment) is best if you're using a character that relies on blinds/sleeps opposed to invisibility, which is what you seem to be doing with Desiccation.

If the augment procs, just blind them again. Even if you're killing everything in one hit, your team can use the viral proc to kill faster, and you can use the extra energy/movement speed it gives.

Any dagger is fine. People who are saying not to use Dark Dagger because of the Syndicate proc alerting enemies are only half right.

The proc restores your energy. Which is great if your doing a Survival or Defense, and you are using a frame that can open up finishers.

Ash with Teleport, Ivara with Sleep arrows, Inaros with his... sand, Wukong and his cloud Walk, Valkyr with Paralysis, Equinox with sleep, Excalibur with Radial Blind.

Many frames with the ability to open up finishers. Pick one and go ham.

Given this, as long as one of them doesn't have its own animation, for finishers, it shouldn't matter which dagger you're taking.  Pick one that will serve you well when you can't get your stealth finisher in.  And as others have mentioned, be a bit cautious with the Dark Dagger's augment - Shuuro's post above mine explains this already.

Edited by KnaveOfSwords

AFAIK base weapon speed doesn't matter for Finisher animations. It's non-conditional speed de/buffs from mods that matter. In other words: Spoiled Strike (bad!) and Fury (good!). Berserker and Quickening don't seem to have any effect.

So as far as stealth Finishers go, any single Dagger + Covert Lethality + Fury will do the job.

Personally I use Dark Dagger because of the proc. I keep a (non-syndicate) gun equipped during Spy missions so I can use Dark Dagger without the proc going off, preserving stealth.

44 minutes ago, Lokime said:

Any dagger. All of them OHKO everything (except some bosses i guess) if affected by the finisher. 

Personally, i use Dark Dagger, cause it has augment mod. 

Not only that, dark dagger can have 3 stats at same time, corrosive radiation and explosive, so yeah Dark Dagger is awesome

Considering they all OHKO as people are saying... the "best" one may be the fastest one, since mods affect finisher attacks now. Personally though I use all the daggers. They're my primary focus farming tools since I farm it via stealth runs, so each (or most anyway) one has a lens.

Edited by AXCrusnik