Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Snipetron Vandal Vs. Vectis Prime

SkillzDoNotPayBillz

Question

20 answers to this question

Vectis Prime will outperform in all situations.
the only real advantage being innate Punch-Through, allowing an extra Elemental to be Equipped. even so, Vectis Prime will deal more Damage.

with the only other neat benefit being that since it's super Puncture Weighted, you can use Radiation+Puncture vs Grineer for more Damage to that Faction. no other advantages are really present.
you could shoot more in a few second window i suppose, but this isn't really that relevant for Sniper Rifles, since they're Spike Damage Weapons.

it's a very functional Weapon, but it's not competing with the other ones. and has been the case for years.

15 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Snipetron Vandal has the best sniper combo it the game by far (1 shot)

it's 3 hits, w/ 3 sec expire.

Just now, Skillzmixmaster320 said:

why tho? is it the stats?

Vectis may have a ton of damage over the snipetron and tied in critical stats and has better zoomed stat boosts, but the snipetron has the built in punch though and clip that I like.

IMO, it's better to have than the 125 damage increase.

Honestly the Vectis is the standard sniper while the Snipetron is more Anti-material Rifle. Vectis is good at taking out strong targets while Snipetron is god for taking out small lines. All depends what u want

Edited by Kanlor

Snipetron Vandal has the best sniper combo it the game by far (1 shot) so you can probably out damage the vectis reletively easily with the right build.

Edit: That was wrong, either way I still personally prefer Snipetron to Vectis because it actually has a mag and astetics but that's about it for me

Edited by -Amaterasu-
Correction

16 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Snipetrons in general are just... eh. If you really want that 5m innate punch through, the Lanka is easier to get and miles better in the damage and crit departments, at the negligible cost of firing a charged projectile.

Lanka has op stats. That's about it. Sniping from afar and getting headshots with this thing is almost impossible. Flight time and Charge time really kill this thing.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

Vectis Prime will outperform in all situations.
the only real advantage being innate Punch-Through, allowing an extra Elemental to be Equipped. even so, Vectis Prime will deal more Damage.

with the only other neat benefit being that since it's super Puncture Weighted, you can use Radiation+Puncture vs Grineer for more Damage to that Faction. no other advantages are really present.
you could shoot more in a few second window i suppose, but this isn't really that relevant for Sniper Rifles, since they're Spike Damage Weapons.

it's a very functional Weapon, but it's not competing with the other ones. and has been the case for years.

it's 3 hits, w/ 3 sec expire.

did they nerf it could have sworn it used to be 1 hit

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

Lanka has op stats. That's about it. Sniping from afar and getting headshots with this thing is almost impossible. Flight time and Charge time really kill this thing.

I have a feeling you're speaking from personal experience, which is contrary to my own personal experience. Anecdotal evidence in general is non-indicative for precisely this reason.

In all honesty it doesn't take much to make a better gun than the Snipetron series. You could splash Shred (which is about as much punch-through as you'll ever need) into your setup on almost any other Sniper and have something better than a fully built Snipetron, though Metal Auger would be more relevant on a Vectis.

Apparently the Rubico is better than the Vectis Prime anyway unless you're using a Charged Chamber or Primed Chamber build, so considering it's far easier to obtain than either the VP or the SV, it's at least worth looking into, but if for some reason you must have a Prime or Event sniper, well, the Event snipers are all trash so far except for maybe the Vulkar Wraith w/ its Syndicate mod.

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

maybe. i might recall it having been that not that long ago.
actually, checking spreadsheet - yeah, definitely has changed. was single hit.

Better nerf snipetron vandal. Wise choice DE, wise choice.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Used the Builder to test my builds on both and this is what i came across:

Snipetron Vandal

Spoiler

10944 Damage (232 Impact, 10479 Puncture, 232 Slash)
11072 Wile Zoomed Max
62.5% Crit Chance (6.8x Multiplier)
26% Status Chance
1.95 Fire Rate
2.0 Reload
4.2m Punch Through

Mods (Maxed):
Serration
Split Chamber
Shred
Bladed Rounds
Point Strike
Vital Sense
Piercing Caliber
Piercing Hit

Vectis Prime

Spoiler

15289 Damage (7162 Impact, 8060 Puncture, 1219 Slash)
16443 Wile Zoomed Max
49% Status Chance
1.95 Fire Rate
0.9 Reload
1.2 Punch Through

Mods (Maxed):
Serration
Split Chamber
Shred
Bladed Rounds
Point Strike
Vital Sense
Piercing Caliber
Crash Course

As far as it goes, Fire Rate of both are the same but Vectis still beats for reload speed and damage. The Punch Through from the Snipetron is great but it will only be that useful in tight corridors where enemies come in a straight line, other than that i dont think more than 2.1 would be useful since your not going to start shooting walls hoping to hit something.

I still prefer my Rubico for its 17030 Damage and 11.7x Crit Multiplier. <3

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Used the Builder to test my builds on both and this is what i came across:

Snipetron Vandal

Hide contents

10944 Damage (232 Impact, 10479 Puncture, 232 Slash)
11072 Wile Zoomed Max
26% Status Chance
1.95 Fire Rate
2.0 Reload
4.2m Punch Through

Mods (Maxed):
Serration
Split Chamber
Shred
Bladed Rounds
Point Strike
Vital Sense
Piercing Caliber
Piercing Hit

Vectis Prime

Reveal hidden contents

15289 Damage (7162 Impact, 8060 Puncture, 1219 Slash)
16443 Wile Zoomed Max
49% Status Chance
1.95 Fire Rate
0.9 Reload
1.2 Punch Through

Mods (Maxed):
Serration
Split Chamber
Shred
Bladed Rounds
Point Strike
Vital Sense
Piercing Caliber
Crash Course

As far as it goes, Fire Rate of both are the same but Vectis still beats for reload speed and damage. The Punch Through from the Snipetron is great but it will only be that useful in tight corridors where enemies come in a straight line, other than that i dont think more than 2.1 would be useful since your not going to start shooting walls hoping to hit something.

I still prefer my Rubico for its 17030 Damage and 11.7x Crit Multiplier. <3

Just want to pointed out that, those are very bad builds.  If you already have innate punch through then you don't need to add even more punch through. And punch through always useful simply because the game AI pathing will make enemies line up to each other very often even on open area. Adding only physical damage mods is also a bad thing, especially for Vectis considered its physical damage are more balanced to all 3 damage types so you get less bonus from physical damage mods.