Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Aura to pair with Coaction Drift?

Ifeno

Question

Topic.  I feel like Coaction Drift could be a decent Exilus mod, but I'm not sure what Aura it pairs best with.  My first thought was CP as it seems to get the biggest buff, but if your whole party has CP then there's no reason to boost it with CD.  What are your thoughts?

9 answers to this question

If you want to use Coaction Drift, go for it.  Who cares if it's not maximum efficiency, and even if it's a small effect, it's still beneficial for the entire team.  That said, I think Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection would be nice with Coaction Drift especially if other people on the team have the same aura and drift mod.  

Enemy/Loot Radar.

In all seriousness though, small buffs are pretty okay if you don't have a team of 4 of a kind auras (e.g. 4x CP). I'd personally pair it with ES, just for the extra kick.

Edited by p3z1

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Coaction_Drift

Rank Aura Strength Aura Effectiveness Cost Conclave
0 +2.5% +2.5% 4 C8
1 +5% +5% 5 C8
2 +7.5% +7.5% 6 C11
3 +10% +10% 7 C14
4 +12.5% +12.5% 8 C17
5 +15% +15% 9 C20

• Aura Strength increases your aura's strength for everyone. Aura Effectiveness increases your aura's strength for yourself only.
  • When maxed, this will increase your aura's strength by 30% for yourself, and 15% for everyone else.
    • For example, when combined with Steel Charge, it will increase your melee damage by 1.3*60 = 78%, and increase your squadmates' melee damage by 1.15*60 = 69%.
  • This mod also takes effect in Archwing mode, as long as it is equipped on your warframe.
  • For auras that do not affect yourself (for example, Corrosive Projection), only Aura Strength applies.

*Edit: As noted by others, the mod is very useful if all squad members run it with 3 Corrosive Projections, leaving the last aura to give a minor boost to whatever else they might find useful: Energy Siphon, Rejuvenation, Rifle Amp, Steel Charge, etc. Even a 2-and-2 CP/Something setup works fairly well although it's not completely optimal.

Edited by DaftMeat

36 minutes ago, Ifeno said:

Topic.  I feel like Coaction Drift could be a decent Exilus mod, but I'm not sure what Aura it pairs best with.  My first thought was CP as it seems to get the biggest buff, but if your whole party has CP then there's no reason to boost it with CD.  What are your thoughts?

If 3 players equip both coation drift and corrosive projection, that will have the same effect as 4xCP, so the 4th person can bring whatever. Other than that, it's pretty marginal really. Though if you're using a kohm or some other ammo-hungry weapon, it'd be fun to pair with a scavenger aura, haha. Almost 3x the ammo pickups.

as aforementioned (surprised some actually accurate advice was given already, pretty rare occurrence):
you can have full Armor strip with 3 Corrosive Projections if your group decides to use 3 Coaction Drifts. if your group wants to have another Aura type present and can afford the Mod Slots for it, then it's worth considering.

other than that though, eh, idunno. you have to have 3+ of them present to get much of anything that's interesting out of the present Auras (enough of a change to really notice a difference). because an extra 15% of an Aura on top is basically nothing.
insignificant for Energy and Health regen, +Weapon Damage Auras are basically useless (a single instance of Steel Charge without any extra bonuses can be useful but after that, does almost nothing), not even any Unreleased Auras get a useful bonus.