Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 5.4.2 - "Fixin' for fixes"

[DE]Rebecca

Heads up on mod stacking. Sorry to say, but multiplicative stacking (value = ((value*mod1)*mod2)*mod3) had to go. We'll be going a full boosting pass on Mod strength, so expect some good gains in the next update but not the insane run-away values we had before when stacking matched types.

Heads up on mod stacking. Sorry to say, but multiplicative stacking (value = ((value*mod1)*mod2)*mod3) had to go. We'll be going a full boosting pass on Mod strength, so expect some good gains in the next update but not the insane run-away values we had before when stacking matched types.

How will the values be calculated after this? Or we can't have 2 of the same mods on the same weapon/warframe anymore?

How will the values be calculated after this? Or we can't have 2 of the same mods on the same weapon/warframe anymore?

Sounds like it will be calculated additively as opposed to multiplicatively. Which means that if you have a weapon with 20 damage and two 50% damage mods, the weapon would do 40 damage. With the old stacking, it would have been 45 damage.

Edited by Aquilus

This sounds like something that could have been handled with any reasonable thought. What the change does is discourage hardcore Framers who farmed the mods to get to the ridiculous point that they are.

What it does to the craps like me is say "You've been going in the wrong direction, and sorry that you can't have more than 2 frames or upgrade hardly anything without giving us money or marrying your keyboard."

At least tell me when you are expecting this update, please.

This sounds like something that could have been handled with any reasonable thought. What the change does is discourage hardcore Framers who farmed the mods to get to the ridiculous point that they are.

What it does to the craps like me is say "You've been going in the wrong direction, and sorry that you can't have more than 2 frames or upgrade hardly anything without giving us money or marrying your keyboard."

At least tell me when you are expecting this update, please.

I understand your concern and I did my excel and graphing calculator homework. Rest assured, we want the same thing: pay off for high-end specialization. Multiplicative stacking will perpetually bite us in the ass, even moreso as we experiment with additional mod slots. So the clearest choices to me where: nerf multiplicative mods which sucks for low-end/nonstacked, or change it to multiply basevalue and add. I did not want to go down the road of hard limits or exponential decay as these become a UI and intuitiveness burden.

I am always open to suggestions (the cry for this change started on these forums, from our hardcore warframers)...