Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows

Bluejay235

Question

Are these meant to be actually used on a regular basis or are these mostly just vanity items?

I was excited to get my puppy, but when I got to the quest and saw what is take to make and maintain these things -- now they seem more like a useless time/credit sink to me. I've only seen three players use these so far and the kurbow's got KO'd about 3 seconds into the first fight in each instance.

As a new player should I just finish the quest and put the thing in stasis and not worry about it? Should I even bother finishing the quest?

11 answers to this question

As a new player you should put it in stasis. Kubrows are useful on high level missions where sentinels would die. And you want some particular mods for kubrows to be able to keep them alive (like Pack Leader - you hit some enemy once with your melee and voila: your kubrow is at max hp).

For now you should just keep using a sentinel.

You can get an incubator upgrade from a clan dojo which greatly cheapens their upkeep and honestly they probably aren't worth using without it aside from that Kubrows have far more survivability and do far more damage than most standard sentinels so they're a good alternative but you really need at least a few mods for them to make them shine.

Whichever you use is probably dependant on wheather or not you're willing to take care of them but they're well worth the cost once you get the upgrade.

In the beginning, the upkeep costs and lack of Mod powah definitely make Sentinels a lot more attractive,
later on those Credits are spare change and Kubrows can get pretty durable (lol Inaros) / useful in general
plus a Lotus Kubrow is a nice showoff piece just like any other rare cosmetic, heh.

I still prefer the ridiculously good utility and ranged elemental / status attacks of my Carrier Prime, though :P

29 minutes ago, Bluejay235 said:

snip

As a new player, finish the quest and put your kubrow into stasis. You will not have the upkeep necessary to maintain him/her alive and in good shape.

But that issue have become less massive with the addition of the upgraded incubator through the dojo.

Then for kubrows being vanity items... Not so much, with time and love and care (ok joking here), and the right mods, they can be real power houses, and tank amounts of damage the most tanky frames would dream to be able to take head first like they can do.

Just as an example: my kubrow is hitting 2.218 slash damage with 43% crit.chance and 5.1 crit multiplier, in other words, he smashes ennemies with more than 10.000 slash damage approximatively 1 hit out of 2, he equals in pure raw damage my fully modded Tygris with only two mods.That's crazy. And add to it the insane amount of HP, Shield and Armor you can push them with the right frame (7.757 hp with Inaros having a lvl.7 Vitality).

Kubrows are not just show off items, they can really be effective companions, once you have found the right breed, and modding that supports your playstyle.

Treat kubrows like warframes. Without enough mods, they will just be more of a liability than an asset on your team. They will fall frequently, you will have to revive them often and may even get yourself killed while doing so.

Sentinels on the other hand are more newbie friendly. They die and that's it. You might not even notice them exploding in a middle of a fight.

I agree with the posts before me that you should stick with a sentinel for now but if you're willing to spend some time and patience with these kubrows, I can definitely say that they are well worth it. A Huras kubrow for example can use invisibility that will hide you for a few minutes, has an extremely low cooldown, goes through nullifier bubbles and generally great when running stealth missions or avoiding enemy fire. Shade sentinel does the same thing but in a very shìtty way that it's even disrespectful to a huras to even compare.

Note:

If you like the utility of vacuum looting that the Carrier offers please don't expect it to work like Chesa. If the shade sentinel sucks so bad in comparison to a huras kubrow, the same goes for a Chesa. It sucks so bad in looting in comparison to carrier.

I still feel bad spending this much on a Chesa I was so disappointed:

Spoiler

ljLDzHn.jpg

Edited by Oranji

I've used Kubrow's since I returned. There are two warframes that can turn the strong critter, when forma'd right with proper mods, into a force of unstoppable destruction. Valkyr with Defence/Shield/Health mods or Inaros, no shield mod. This gives the high damage pet the health and/or defense to take a pounding in Tier 3 Sortie and keep on biting.

With Full Link Mods Valkyr will give your Kubrow 792 Shield, 1644 Health and 1833 Armor

Full mods Inaros will give your kubrow 385 shield (Base), 9,135 Health (Yikes) and 711 armor

Take the Dried up Mummy or the fierce Feline beastie to battle with a Kubrow at your side. Both times the Kubrow will end up living longer than you.

If you want some high damage, go for the Huros. The stealth is nice indeed but it's charge attack straight lines through everything in it's path. It will even target fliers, they can get some serious air when it does.

However if you want something to back YOU up in a fight. Get Sahasa. That pup digs in the ground to pull up Energy orbs, health orbs, ammo and even money. No Sentinel can do that. 

2 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

I've used Kubrow's since I returned. There are two warframes that can turn the strong critter, when forma'd right with proper mods, into a force of unstoppable destruction. Valkyr with Defence/Shield/Health mods or Inaros, no shield mod. This gives the high damage pet the health and/or defense to take a pounding in Tier 3 Sortie and keep on biting.

With Full Link Mods Valkyr will give your Kubrow 792 Shield, 1644 Health and 1833 Armor

Full mods Inaros will give your kubrow 385 shield (Base), 9,135 Health (Yikes) and 711 armor

Take the Dried up Mummy or the fierce Feline beastie to battle with a Kubrow at your side. Both times the Kubrow will end up living longer than you.

If you want some high damage, go for the Huros. The stealth is nice indeed but it's charge attack straight lines through everything in it's path. It will even target fliers, they can get some serious air when it does.

However if you want something to back YOU up in a fight. Get Sahasa. That pup digs in the ground to pull up Energy orbs, health orbs, ammo and even money. No Sentinel can do that. 

dont forget LS