Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Color schemes and your personal taste

Hello everyone I just wanted to say a lot of people in warframe have really bad taste. No I'm just kidding. I've seen a lot of cool frames!!

I am having a decision making problem. I can't seem to find a good color for my sayrn prime. What colors do you recommend? What colors do you prefer in general?

Also an interesting discussion ignition: 

Do you prefer your colors as cannon as possible or do you do what you want and play as what you want? 

Personally I like to create more saturated color schemes. I keep the gold in all my frames that are prime but change up the color basics. Like Trinity is red blue and gold, Nyx is grey green and bruised, ember is grey tan and blue fire and purple fire, mag is grey blue and green, nova is pink dark blue bruised, sayrn is n/a because I can't seem to make her pretty.

Edited by (PS4)satsukixpenny

I prefer to just make my frames look nice to me.

For the record, here is my Saryn Prime.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/276219973941892631/E2CAF8A0A647B138905880175FA140FDEFA40E4B/

Black = Smoke Black

White = Smoke White

Green = Gamma [Column 6 / Row 9 [from top left]]

No syandana, no chest, Hulta Arms, Porta Legs

Edited by Fuzzi
Adding colours/armor

10 minutes ago, (PS4)satsukixpenny said:

Hello everyone I just wanted to say a lot of people in warframe have really bad taste.

No we don't D:<

10 minutes ago, (PS4)satsukixpenny said:

I am having a decision making problem. I can't seem to find a good color for my sayrn prime. What colors do you recommend? What colors do you prefer in general?

Black, Black, Blue, Green, Red.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)satsukixpenny said:

Hello everyone I just wanted to say a lot of people in warframe have really bad taste..

But... but,.. but... it's so much fun to make Ordis's sensors to go all bleeding! >:)

j/k aside: I generally pick colors I like; and try to have matching colors on all my 'Frames in fact (that being black-red with a bit yellow'ish mainly.. & gold on my Primes).. to make them "mine", rather than a generic, out of drydock thing.

> ignition
> cannon

What you did there, I sees it.

My generalized color scheme is Black + White + (color I change every so often) on everything lol,
regular (non-deluxe) Saryn was actually fully monochrome with only her Energy color being ... well, colorful,
which actually produced a really cool effect whenever I channeled my melee weapon.

FWIW, here's my Prime'd fashion victim:

Spoiler

Saryn%20Prime%2001.jpg

Saryn%20Prime%2002.jpg

Worst case, you can always just let the Randomize button work its magic until you find a good basis to improve upon.

Edited by NinjaZeku

Purple. Lots and lots of Purple. 

Paint Saryn with every Purple in Infested. 

Purple and Black is a good combo too.

Red and Black goes with Saryn Prime's tiny bit of gold. Makes them POP out.

Green and White will give her a more "Gentle" look 

2 hours ago, (PS4)satsukixpenny said:

Do you prefer your colors as cannon as possible or do you do what you want and play as what you want? 

All of my frames are either shades of teal+black or shades of teal+white. Sometimes, like in the case of Saryn Prime, there's a purple detail.

Spoiler

uolgKOe.jpg

Ordis can complain all he wants, I love him but I do not care.

Saryn is not difficult to colour once you get over the fact that there will always be a detail on her that cannot be changed (the dark bits), so combine in sync with that.

try to make a colour scheme distinct per loadout slot currently employed (cause it's a cheap character concept board) so it's a little tricky. That being said, I aim towards colours I can look at and recognise as being colourblind and stylish is bloody hard without prompts to what actual colour it is (Barring accosting a pliant individual to provide directions). Names would be nice but till then, making do. Assistants of varying willingness are an intermediary in the interim.

Mostly, I favour rich colours like Dark Red, Blue, Orange, Gold, White (with some Teal for varying levels of a Platinum/Silver metallic touch); generally anything within that range. Typically I aim to avoid repeating arrangements or combinations between different loadouts, as a personal challenge. Usually I work it out from the Primary and Energy selection first, then fill in the rest relative to how things compliment.

Being stylish is hard, but a satisfying diversion. Zephyr is probably the most awkward, though.

I used to do different things with each frame, back when I only had 6.

Then I got Archwing, which for the record, I don't hate, and I decided all of my frames had to look good on my Archwing, and therefore I started using a common theme on everything. 

Ratios vary, but default palette, the set of blues near the top, I use the bottom tealish one a lot for trim, rarely for main color.

Main color almost always comes frim Smoke pallet, 3 to 4 rows from top or bottom row i have some shades marked that I use for black or white. 

Prime shinies I Always change to Silver. 

Energy Color is nearly always the bottom left corner blue from Shamrock set, unless fire is involved, then the brightest orange in Shamrock, or Sibear which uses the bottom center default palette light grey blue

I prefer a lot of more muted tones.  The Storm pallet is absolutely my favorite, pretty closely followed by the Ice pallet.  I don't have time to move stuff from the PS4 to imgur for Saryn, but my Banshee (not quite how she looks anymore, I made a few improvements) is colored similarly enough to display my taste in colors.  The balance of a warm off white and a muted purple is pretty close to the primary and secondary on my Saryn Prime, though with Saryn I made the tertiary the darkest grey in the Orokin pallet, and left acents and energy alone.

Spoiler

KYgKskw.jpg

I cannot really recommend much, as colour schemes are really down to personal taste. That being said, here are my three Saryn Prime colour schemes. All my other frames and weapons follow them, if possible. I prefer to play as what I want and select what is aesthetically satisfying to me. As far as colour schemes go, I dislike red in just about everything.

(precise colours from palettes available upon request)
Scheme 1: Black, cyan, and a bit of white
Scheme 2: White, black, and a bit of orange
Scheme 3: Grey, black, and a bit of light yellow or whatever you call that colour

5TzekiD.jpg?1

5MfdFZU.jpg?1

uXN4ItK.jpg

2 hours ago, Joel_The_Jackle said:

My five year old daughter is named Trinity so she claimed color-scheme rights to the frame...its very pink and purple...its fun joining groups and have people go "WTF did a 5 year old pick those colours?"...why yes...that is exactly what happened.....

Cute :D

Edited by Fat_Nom
I am clueless when it comes to uploading images.

5 hours ago, Joel_The_Jackle said:

My five year old daughter is named Trinity so she claimed color-scheme rights to the frame...its very pink and purple...its fun joining groups and have people go "WTF did a 5 year old pick those colours?"...why yes...that is exactly what happened.....

I had a friend who would let his daughter select all of his color schemes in Mass Effect 3 multiplayer... They were all really interesting, except for his N-7 Soldier (forgot the name), it was solid bright pink. It was really funny because this guy was good and would never go down, so all you'd see is this bright pink figure in the distance creating hell on [insert planet here]. The only one he didn't let his daughter color completely (she still chose the primary color) was one of his Krogans which he'd use when we'd all play Krogan Power Rangers... fun times.

Alright so I did some color matching again. I only have access to Easter,twilight, and saturation colors but I'm trying to come up with a team concept. I like to imagine all my frames as a girl gang and they are hanging out and drinking coffee and stuff. I think my team color is probably purple pink and gold. 

How do do you see your frames? Are they a group or just solo??

On 4/30/2016 at 2:07 AM, (PS4)satsukixpenny said:

Alright so I did some color matching again. I only have access to Easter,twilight, and saturation colors but I'm trying to come up with a team concept. I like to imagine all my frames as a girl gang and they are hanging out and drinking coffee and stuff. I think my team color is probably purple pink and gold. 

How do do you see your frames? Are they a group or just solo??

thats cute :o i totally would like to do team colors if i could find colors that looks good on every so i just solo them

but usually my colors are pastels or super harsh pinks and purple