Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regular Warframe Skins to be added to Prime Warframes.

DreadedL1GHT

37 minutes ago, TennoSimons said:

I agree. There are a few Warframes out there for which I prefer the look of the vanilla version over the Prime version. Though usually it is the helmet that I prefer - thank goodness you can already put vanilla helms on Primes. Same should be true of vanilla skins on primes, in principle, if you ask me.

There's already some precedent so DE would be hard pressed to argue against. Although, I can see why they'd want to say no. Otherwise, what would be the point of the distinction between the primes other than the stats?

11 minutes ago, matto said:

But to be honest, I've seen this request multiple times and nothing happened. Still wondering why. I mean, you can use other skins on prime versions.

Only thing I could think of is that people would definitely loose interest in getting the regular frame and jump directly to the prime one.

So, in order to prevent people from thinking this way, you should be able to use the regular skin on your prime only if you once crafted the regular frame.

But yeah makes sense.

Hmm... Yeah, fair enough.

One thing i want about this is when i put immortal skins on my frames, they look better with vanilla version. Specially because the immortal skin removes the gold from some parts.

Saryn with immortal skin looks better on vanilla. The prime verison and immortal simply don't fit. Probably the same with the other frames.

1 hour ago, marley8991 said:

Aight so here's the thing:
I have Volt Prime, yet I prefer the original Volt Skin (especially because of the difference between Volt Prime Armor, and Volt Armor). I don't know if this has been discussed with the Devs already, but I think many would appreciate having the possibility to change back to regular frame without the stats loss. I don't know if it's the same with weapons as well (I checked in-game but didn't seem to be possible. I may be missing something though), but I think it'd be great to have this for weapons as well.

I know this is just a minor thing, but would still appreciate having it implemented in-game.

DE said something about this in a dev stream. Not sure which one. Basically the answer was 'they'd think about it, but weren't against it'.

With the devstream going on right now, I thought your title meant that the devs had actually announced that regular skins would be equippable on Prime frames.

Entered the thread with unimaginable levels of hype. Leaving with a bitter, crushing disappointment.

5 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

With the devstream going on right now, I thought your title meant that the devs had actually announced that regular skins would be equippable on Prime frames.

Entered the thread with unimaginable levels of hype. Leaving with a bitter, crushing disappointment.

Sorry about that, didn't even know there was devstream going on right now. If there was a way to edit the title, I would change it right now since it's misleading

6 hours ago, Lobotomy said:

FYI: You can get Ash parts extremely easily by just doing a Law of Retribution raid (aka "LoR") or two. The 1000 cuts TA is not necessary; I had Ash built long, long before the TA came along due to running some LoR raids.

Well, yeah, you can do that, but then again, ain't nobody going to take in a MR 7 player to a raid. I know MR doesn't really mean much but pretty much everyone I see hosting LoR asks for a player of at least MR 15 or so. By then I'll probably have Ash Prime already.

18 hours ago, clemza said:

Its like asking for prime skin on normal warframe, it would be weird and unexplicable

But there's zero reason to use a normal version after the prime has come out. It's a blatant upgrade. Hell one of the crafting requirements should be the original as a component. Keeping two is redundant. Maybe back when the revive limit was 4 lives per day per frame it made sense, but not now. They're the exact same right down to powers and moveset. Even the devs don't count the primes as a new warframe. Butterfree will be the 30th warframe not the 40th. And I can't imagine Excalibur skins not being able to be used on Umbra once that drops.

I support OP. Say NO to dupes. Yes to customization.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

Then why design multiple versions of the same warframe in the first place? We gonna go in circles with this? Wait NO that's a brilliant idea! Loki Prime Prime. Point-5 efficiency increase. Get on it DE. RePrime Access $350 'merican.

Sarcasm aside it's a (seemingly but maybe not) simple skin/model swap. Unless there's some monetary issue being that free to play is a balancing act for, I don't see an issue with asking. They have multiple versions of the same syndana you can simply swap out onto the same character. Same with armor. It's streamlining.

22 hours ago, matto said:

But to be honest, I've seen this request multiple times and nothing happened. Still wondering why. I mean, you can use other skins on prime versions.

Only thing I could think of is that people would definitely loose interest in getting the regular frame and jump directly to the prime one.

So, in order to prevent people from thinking this way, you should be able to use the regular skin on your prime only if you once crafted the regular frame.

But yeah makes sense.

Not if you want to collect them like I do. I have all the frames and don't plan on deleting/selling a one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/04/2016 at 6:23 PM, WingedCrusade said:

Not if you want to collect them like I do. I have all the frames and don't plan on deleting/selling a one.

You may have enough platinum to throw out the window to willingly buy 40 warframe slots, just to keep obsolete armors, most people don't. Keeping regular frames is from a gameplay standpoint dumb, since Primes are straight upgrades regardless how miniscule the stat-increases may be. The only thing regular frames have going for them is their visual design and i see no reason why we wouldn't be able to use the regular appearance on prime frames, considering we can already use other skins originally made for the regular variant on the prime versions. If you want to make it into a moneysink just let us "craft" an existing frame/weapon into a skin for the prime version.

1 hour ago, MercuryDoll said:

You may have enough platinum to throw out the window to willingly buy 40 warframe slots, just to keep obsolete armors, most people don't. Keeping regular frames is from a gameplay standpoint dumb, since Primes are straight upgrades regardless how miniscule the stat-increases may be. The only thing regular frames have going for them is their visual design and i see no reason why we wouldn't be able to use the regular appearance on prime frames, considering we can already use other skins originally made for the regular variant on the prime versions. If you want to make it into a moneysink just let us "craft" an existing frame/weapon into a skin for the prime version.

Well, selling mods and stuff helps honestly.