The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rathuum Feedback: Fun but Deeply Flawed Game Mode

BlackCoMerc

9 minutes ago, Zoracraft said:

^ Has no idea how broken the carabuses are because he is a ps4 player commenting on a new PC event.

Let me just break it down for you.

Inaros

5k hp

armor that doubles that EHP

gets killed in .5 seconds by a carabus when the inaros opens a door.

No, these enemies are not difficult. They are broken. They stomp on the difficulty curve, and then mutilate the stomped on curve.

Sure, these enemies should be tough, to give the grineer a fighting chance.

But this is insane. We have some of the enemies who can barely scratch you, and others that spawn @&#(&*@#$#s that are tiny, fast, and one shot any warframe.

And I am so @(*()$ sick of every time a broken enemy shows up, all the elitists coming out of the woodwork and calling us crybabys. If I wanted to die in one shot in a game, I'd play CS:GO. At least my suffering is worth a few cents an hour there. But this S#&$ does NOT belong in warframe.

ok, I have been watching streams since the update came out on PC. 
I have been watching people playing tier 1 and 2, and it was nothing that hard. 
To understand what is the problem you are having I need to know, how hard is to kill a single enemy. Because if it still dies to the bladestorm spam, or to a tonkor shot it may not be such a problems as you are telling me. If they survive that, it could be a problem. At the moment, after watching all these streams I think that the event may be not that hard. At least the two first tiers. And the third one has been made for hardcore players. I thought based on what I have been watching that people were *@##$ing because they were getting killed, because there is no probem in dying on a TDM. But, if you mean that the problem is that enemies obliterate your team in the scoreboard, then I recongnize there is a big problem. 
I was watching good players in the event, so I did never watch them get rekt, so, sorry for sharing my opinion under that point of view :c

58 minutes ago, Jaysus41 said:

I read a comment earlier about how this event is just a front to help/make people accept conclave as a game mode and to play it more, along with that lunario thing. All this event did was remind me why I hate PvP and will never play conclave or that lunario thing ever.

I'm going to grab my mastery fodder wraith and be on my way, I don't even care about the mods.

not into a grindfest today?

So hey lets ignore the problems with the event like enemies that deal massive amounts of damage like the caebrus drone, ignore the $&*&*#(%& grindfest that is just having the opportunity to fight kala by having to run the third stage 5 times, all because you can spam cheesy powers and have your own god mode to complete the event!

Remember, its Mesa that wears the blindfold, you don't need to as well. Bad event design is bad.

So, apparently Mesa with a Sonicor to knock enemies down and get rid of the drones and a Tonkor to finish them off can solo up to the second tier of the event. That's nice. Let's see if this holds up until the next tier or if I'll have to take the Ol' Chroma out of the storage.

The enemies are good, everything is well designed... except the artificial difficulty, its still there: high enemy levels, that's bad.

Most ppl are "cheating" or "exploiting" that bad part, by using tank frames, that's were DE failed, on perpetuating at making stuff with mindless high levels of difficulty, instead of just keeping it simple, for skill challenge.

Edited by 7grims

52 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

ok, I have been watching streams since the update came out on PC. 
I have been watching people playing tier 1 and 2, and it was nothing that hard. 
To understand what is the problem you are having I need to know, how hard is to kill a single enemy. Because if it still dies to the bladestorm spam, or to a tonkor shot it may not be such a problems as you are telling me. If they survive that, it could be a problem. At the moment, after watching all these streams I think that the event may be not that hard. At least the two first tiers. And the third one has been made for hardcore players. I thought based on what I have been watching that people were *@##$ing because they were getting killed, because there is no probem in dying on a TDM. But, if you mean that the problem is that enemies obliterate your team in the scoreboard, then I recongnize there is a big problem. 
I was watching good players in the event, so I did never watch them get rekt, so, sorry for sharing my opinion under that point of view :c

Sure you could play bullet Hell, but that's not what warframe's supposed to be, right?

Yes, the grineer are supposed to have a chance, but when that chance is rigged by an enemy about 3x as damaging as the G3, the actual grineer hit squad, then we have a problem.

Nerf the carabus, check on the other enemies, and this mode may someday be fun. Until then, it's a textbook example of DE caving to the people who want this game to be Dark Sector 2.

1 hour ago, Zoracraft said:

^ Has no idea how broken the carabuses are because he is a ps4 player commenting on a new PC event.

Let me just break it down for you.

Inaros

5k hp

armor that doubles that EHP

gets killed in .5 seconds by a carabus when the inaros opens a door.

No, these enemies are not difficult. They are broken. They stomp on the difficulty curve, and then mutilate the stomped on curve.

Sure, these enemies should be tough, to give the grineer a fighting chance.

But this is insane. We have some of the enemies who can barely scratch you, and others that spawn @&#(&*@#$#s that are tiny, fast, and one shot any warframe.

And I am so @(*()$ sick of every time a broken enemy shows up, all the elitists coming out of the woodwork and calling us crybabys. If I wanted to die in one shot in a game, I'd play CS:GO. At least my suffering is worth a few cents an hour there. But this S#&$ does NOT belong in warframe.

I see. I mostly have been watching people palying the event. But I don't know if you are forced to play Tier 3. now, I think DE should make Tier 2 give 10 points, and tier 3 should give 15. So people that can't handle tier 3 don't grind Tier 2 forever. That may fix things a little. Maybe, giving mods in tier 2 could be a nice idea.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

I see. I mostly have been watching people palying the event. But I don't know if you are forced to play Tier 3. now, I think DE should make Tier 2 give 10 points, and tier 3 should give 15. So people that can't handle tier 3 don't grind Tier 2 forever. That may fix things a little. Maybe, giving mods in tier 2 could be a nice idea.

Agreed. Tier 3 has no incentive to play right now. I've been soloing the event and Tier 3 was way harder than Tier 2 and even when I beat it, only receiving 10 points is a slap to the face (especially having fought level 108 Executors just to get those points due to having enemy scaling as my random detriment). I can easily beat Tier 2 3-4 times in the same amount of time it took me to beat the Tier 3 challenge.  

5 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Drones

Worse than the damage they deal, or the fact that they blend in and are tiny, is the damn noise they make when they attack.

It's so much louder than everything else in the game audio mix, and it makes my ears hurt every time I have to hear it. I'm forced to turn the game audio down to being basically inaudible, or suffer hearing damage at the hands of those stupid drones.

It's offensive.

5 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Yeah it could be quite fun. But I feel like, right now, despite having numerous frames, Rhino Prime is an automatic best of for these missions. Which would matter, if I actually WANTED to do more of them. Which I dont.

Between the lackluster - read: CRAP - rewards, the ridiculous enemy damage and the fact that now the ENEMY gets powers, while ours DONT WORK or become impossible to cast, yeah...what's the point? This mode isnt even Warframe. Its just a third person arena shooter that isnt nearly as much fun as Warframe.

My thoughts exactly: DE took our "Space Ninjas", and turned them into elements of an Unreal Tournament match. Fun in small doses, yes, but, a Space Ninja without the NINJA aspect is nothing but a fancy rendering of the Zybots scene from Robot Chicken.

1 hour ago, Stouty22 said:

I had to bail before doing the endless mission. Could someone explain to me how points are awarded in that mission?

As a reward, you get a new mod for subpar/lackluster weapons, such as the Twin Basolk.

BUT WAIT!! You also get......wait for it...... 50 points DEDUCTED from your grand total of points. What's even better than THAT, however, is that the points aren't removed from the tally on your screen!! You have to keep mental track of how many pts you have left over.

Oh? You asked what happens when you fall below 100 points again? Well today you're in luck, sonny!! Because you get to grind the arena again until you get your point total BACK to 100 points.

Isn't that WONDERFUL, Operator? No, you don't need to thank me!

It makes sence that they would be on the same level as Warframes (I mean, we can one hit them, so it only seems fair, especially when its basically PvE conclave) so is really about watching out for them, and anticipating them. e.g. get gud.

8 minutes ago, Grendil said:

As a reward, you get a new mod for subpar/lackluster weapons, such as the Twin Basolk.

BUT WAIT!! You also get......wait for it...... 50 points DEDUCTED from your grand total of points. What's even better than THAT, however, is that the points aren't removed from the tally on your screen!! You have to keep mental track of how many pts you have left over.

Oh? You asked what happens when you fall below 100 points again? Well today you're in luck, sonny!! Because you get to grind the arena again until you get your point total BACK to 100 points.

Firstly. You could use some fries with that salt. Second I asked about the endless one lol. I know the boss takes points away already.

6 minutes ago, Grendil said:

The event goes for 9 days, so the system is not that undesirable. It means you don't need to fast grind all the time, witch is the STUPID way to play games. I don't get why people can't just play the game, and get over this silly crap. DE is trying to make something that lasts over a week, but people only went to complain about how hard or grinds it is. If you want grind, go play Black Desert. THAT is grind.