The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Health orbs should restore a percentage of missing HP

AdunSaveMe

14 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

Well i meant sentinels, kubrow and kavats but a good idea is good idea, i wish DE would give us extra mod slot that "specialized" in frame to frame support!

How about a frame with a "support" ability (almost all frames have support ability of sort) have a chance to occasionally trigger health regen for little bit?

What do i mean by support ability? well lets use Rhino's Roar as an example, if can support the team!

But the chance is small so the health regen don't feel spammy, but that's just me on making an ok thing to have without OMG it will [add BS here]!  

The problem with the idea of yet another healframe is that it does not help health orbs in their goal of being less useless, and also sticks to the same problem; we should not have to rely on a very specific group of frames to get a basic function. It gimps solo play, it gimps team choice, and it gimps variety. There's no tactics and there's no options. It's "take this or you're buggered".

Edited by AdunSaveMe

18 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It would work for companions. Not players. Who's going to gimp their build just to give health to nearby allies when they melee stuff?

Plus, mods are a bandaid. Bandaids are very very bad.

So get rid of all mods that do something besides increase your power? Not all mods are bandaids.

Even if the change you proposed was to heal 100%, it wouldn't be that helpful due to them not dropping at all in combat. The only thing that needs to be changed is letting enemies (other than Drahks/Hyekka/Feral Kubrows) have a chance to drop Health orbs. "Heavy" enemy units could drop double health orbs.
Edit: Maybe even make it scale by enemy level tiers.

Edited by Maicael

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

we should not have to rely on a very specific group of frames to get a basic function

I agree. It seems like we fix every problem by releasing a new mod or frame or reworking an ability. We never seem to add core mechanics to the game, or fix broken ones. Buffing health orbs does not force players into cookie-cutter squads, but instead makes other frames more accessible. Variety and choice are never bad things in a video game.

We could argue about how all day, but one thing seems pretty clear, at least to me: health orbs need a buff.

3 minutes ago, Maicael said:

So get rid of all mods that do something besides increase your power? Not all mods are bandaids.

No. Mods that take the place of a needed change are bandaids. If a gun had no damage, then a mod came out that made the gun do damage instead of them just making the gun do damage by default, that mod would be a bandaid, because it's made to try and ease the problem in a third party way instead of the problem just being fixed.

11 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

The problem with the idea of yet another healframe is that it does not help health orbs in their goal of being less useless, and also sticks to the same problem; we should not have to rely on a very specific group of frames to get a basic function. It gimps solo play, it gimps team choice, and it gimps variety. There's no tactics and there's no options. It's "take this or you're buggered".

You got a point, less band aids and more reworks/ buffs to health orbs.

Guess i won't try to come up with anything, my ideas may break than fix lol.

7 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

I agree. It seems like we fix every problem by releasing a new mod or frame or reworking an ability. We never seem to add core mechanics to the game, or fix broken ones. Buffing health orbs does not force players into cookie-cutter squads, but instead makes other frames more accessible. Variety and choice are never bad things in a video game.

We could argue about how all day, but one thing seems pretty clear, at least to me: health orbs need a buff.

Yes.

And more specifically, they need a DIRECT buff, not a random Warframe mod to try and pretend they're not useless.

Just now, Prinny13 said:

You got a point, less band aids and more reworks/ buffs to health orbs.

Guess i won't try to come up with anything, my ideas may break than fix lol.

Don't be silly. Just because people might disagree with you doesn't mean you shouldn't keep coming up with ideas.

Where would humanity be right now if the greatest contributors to science gave up after a bit of negative feedback? Extreme example, but still.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Some enemies already drop them. Making them more common wouldn't make them better. Quality > quantity.

Why not both suggestions? Give enemies a chance to drop orbs, even small like 10% (right now just feral kubrows and Drahks drop them and they aren't particularly common)

and add your suggestion to regen HP on percentage let's say 15% over 3s

6 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Don't be silly. Just because people might disagree with you doesn't mean you shouldn't keep coming up with ideas.

Where would humanity be right now if the greatest contributors to science gave up after a bit of negative feedback? Extreme example, but still.

Not at all, my ideas are more of "band aid" than straight up "fix" to this issue.

Health orbs need to drop more often ( but less, lets say if enemies dropped 4 energy orbs then the next orb is health orbs, they take turns 4-1-4-1, also this is per tile thing XD) and to restore more than 25 health points ( more like 25%), that's it and nothing more :)

Edited by Prinny13

2 minutes ago, CookingFood said:

Why not both suggestions? Give enemies a chance to drop orbs, even small like 10% (right now just feral kubrows and Drahks drop them and they aren't particularly common)

and add your suggestion to regen HP on percentage let's say 15% over 3s

Well, I do think they should be more common. I was just going one suggestion at a time. But upping quantity alone isn't a solution.

2 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

That is correct, but if this does get implemented, can you guess what will most certainly happen? Threads to do the same for energy will pop up like mushrooms after rain, because the game is not easy enough as it is.

You're correct in that people will request that. But thankfully DE has the inexplicable ability to ignore those threads at their leisure - as they already have. A positive change shouldn't be set asunder simply because people might expect something else similar in the future. That's too much of a slippery slope.

Edited by DJ_Redwire
typo

I guess I should give it my two cents on the matter too...

I think mobs should drop hp orbs rarely and focus more on energy orbs while lockers and crates alike should drop more hp orbs. I tihnk it'll be interesting from a gameplay perspective: it'll make you engage enemies for energy and partake in scavanging the map for health.

As far as nukes go, I can't justify that arguement against arcanes and healers etc... A nuke hitting you is MADE to be something you shouldn't recover easy from and even a % change to hp orbs won't save you from it. When you let yourself get hit hard you take damage and like any person with common sense, you'll pull back and retreat, maybe pop a hp restore or go scavange in another area for hp orbs. While I agree with this idea, it'll give frames with higher hp a little bonus, it'll also need to be carefully adjusted so the hp orbs aren't some super power heal drop. Maybe have a few tiers of hp orbs that give progressively higher heals. If anything, hp orb dropping powers like WoL, Reconning and Desecrate will see more support play.

Just now, Major_Phantom said:

I guess I should give it my two cents on the matter too...

I think mobs should drop hp orbs rarely and focus more on energy orbs while lockers and crates alike should drop more hp orbs. I tihnk it'll be interesting from a gameplay perspective: it'll make you engage enemies for energy and partake in scavanging the map for health.

I disagree with this idea, because health is a vital COMBAT resource, just like energy. Requiring players to stop fighting and go open lockers is really not fun. Plus, what about maps with limited lockers? Survival missions? Defense missions? Interception?

58 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

And I want you to tell me why, so a discussion can come out of it.

Do you just disagree, or does it not make sense in the way you straight up don't understand what I'm saying, and therefore can't agree with it?

Already answered. 

3 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I disagree with this idea, because health is a vital COMBAT resource, just like energy. Requiring players to stop fighting and go open lockers is really not fun. Plus, what about maps with limited lockers? Survival missions? Defense missions? Interception?

More health orbs should be dropped.  But players do have large team restores.  I always have at least 200 of each large team restore and cyphers on me at all times.

this obviously won't solve the Health Orb problem(only more Health Orbs will solve that - as ever Archwing has Health Orbs, so normal Gameplay should too. we had that once upon a time...), but i guess we can do something to make it work a bit better.

i'd go with an idea that i like, that a Health Orb would trigger Health Regeneration. and that's it. you just regen. not even any limit, just regen until you take Health Damage.

though, perhaps what you've mentioned is valid - it could restore 25 Health, and then trigger Regen until you take Health Damage.

2 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Threads to do the same for energy will pop up like mushrooms after rain, because the game is not easy enough as it is.

that wouldn't be a valid complaint - Energy Orbs are exponentially more common.
on average, in a non Endless Mission, for every 15-20 Energy Orbs from Pots, Lockers, and Enemies, you'll see one Health Orb.

Edited by taiiat

2 minutes ago, Troll_Logic said:

Already answered. 

Not answered. You never elaborated as to why.

1 minute ago, Troll_Logic said:

More health orbs should be dropped.  But players do have large team restores.  I always have at least 200 of each large team restore and cyphers on me at all times.

Restores are anti-gameplay and a poor mechanic to rely on, and on top of that, they do not change the fact that health orbs are worthless.

Generally agree with the original poster. It's very difficult in the early stages to heal much health, and a single health orb isn't really turning the tide of battle in any significant way. They're almost useless. 

That being said, this thread seems to have overlooked the viability of things like Team Health Restore, which come in many different upgrades the first of which is quite accessible to new players. It just doesn't advertise itself very well. 

13 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Not answered. You never elaborated as to why.

I most certainly did.

13 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Restores are anti-gameplay and a poor mechanic to rely on, and on top of that, they do not change the fact that health orbs are worthless.

Restores are fine.  Restores certainly make more sense than "little pools of health" that float out of dead bodies or fall out of lockers.

Just now, Troll_Logic said:

Restores are fine.  Restores certainly make more sense than "little pools of health" that float out of dead bodies or fall out of lockers.

Yes, a little pad somehow restoring health instantly when it pops makes a lot more sense. While we're at it, get rid of ammo drops, because it doesn't make sense for tenno-usable ammo to fall out of everything. Also energy drops. And mods.

We just need more health orb drops, not make the health orb drops more worthwhile. Take a look at Nekros, if you use Desecrate fairly often then you'll have dozens of health orbs lying around consistently. You pick all those up at once and you've just gained 200-500 health in less than 10 seconds. It is a quantity problem, not a quality problem. We need the chance for enemies to drop health orbs to be buffed then the combination of multiple orbs will make a difference in your survivability.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Yes, a little pad somehow restoring health instantly when it pops makes a lot more sense. While we're at it, get rid of ammo drops, because it doesn't make sense for tenno-usable ammo to fall out of everything. Also energy drops. And mods.

It does.  It's like a little healing station where energy (health) is channeled.  Ammo drops make sense as well.  They're also energy.  How else to explain how all pistol ammo is the same?  Or all sniper ammo?  And so on.

1 minute ago, Troll_Logic said:

It does.  It's like a little healing station where energy (health) is channeled.  Ammo drops make sense as well.  They're also energy.  How else to explain how all pistol ammo is the same?  Or all sniper ammo?  And so on.

So universal energy boxes turning into ammo and dropping out of literally everything makes sense to you, but self-contained orbs of healing energy do not? That's a little silly, friendo.