Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get a break from Spy sorties?

Spy missions are definitely my favourite for sorties.
A sortie run with Extermination > Rescue > Spy would be perfect to me.

And I wouldn't shed a tear if all "endless" missions (excavation, survival, defense, interception) were taken out of the mission pool for sorties!

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

Honestly spy sorties are my favourite, I can run them solo and I dont have to worry about pubs failing the mission outright.

this

44 minutes ago, Lobotomy said:

The moon spy missions have those too, actually. Once you get a particular Loki build, learn the tile layouts well enough, and get a good feel for more advanced usage tactics of the Decoy + Switch Teleport combo, you can speed run them all day errday. :)

You can do it faster by knowing where to go etc etc, but it's nothing like the rest of the spy vaults which almost always contain a shortcut.

On the moon you still pretty much have to do the whole thing, on a regular grineer spy vault you know that there is always a shortcut that will make the vault do-able in 30sec instead of a minute.

3 minutes ago, Lobotomy said:

One of them in particular is so fast you just (approximately) portal, button, portal, teleport, teleport, teleport, portal, hack the console and you're done. I think you need to work on your Loki. :|

That hasn't been patched yet? I'm surprised.

1 hour ago, Trichouette said:

Oh by the way for the OP :

According to the devs, one "mission type" can't be repeated until all missions types have been done. Which means you can't see more spy than interception or any other mission type.

console doesn't have that update, 

Just now, Trichouette said:

I doubt that. It was added not so long after the begining of sorties and you got an update recently.

tell that to the 6 days in a row of mobile defense being either sortie 2 or 3 and the last 4 days all having at least one spy

1 minute ago, (PS4)gamerpie12 said:

tell that to the 6 days in a row of mobile defense being either sortie 2 or 3 and the last 4 days all having at least one spy

That's weird. Unless if they removed that feature it's odd for console to not have something that was added so long ago.

I totally disagree, mainly because I always solo my Spy Sorties and they're quick and easy to do. and the Uranus and earth Tilesets are more fun than the same old boring Grineer and Corpus ship Tilesets, which I can practically do half asleep.

it's basically a free Sortie Completion, especially if it's a Grineer one. I want more Spy missions.

If I understand correctly, the three missions in a Sortie are randomized each day? So there are bound to be some days where you get Sorties filled with nothing but things you hate (In this case, Spy missions). 

You only have two solutions to this problem, the first being to ignore the Sortie for that day and wait for another day. The second being to just do the spy mission with someone who enjoys doing it.

Changing anything that has to do with the current randomization of Sorties is rather bad, especially since this will also affect those who do enjoy spy missions.

@Haspitas I've grown so tired of Spy missions over time (largely due to Ivara burn out) that its exactly what I do. If my Spy-loving friend/clanmate isn't online, I'm skipping that day unless I absolutely "have" to run it solo.

But in doing so it actually burns me out from doing literally anything else the rest of the day in the game in favor of watching YouTube or pulling up Spotify and sleeping. And I'm one of those players who will gladly spend up to an hour or so when possible in a Raid/survival minus camping in a bottleneck spot).

2 hours ago, hazerddex said:

i want to know is wheres the deception sortie?

I think DE removed it since its basically a sabotage mission except easier.

What i want to know is where the CAPTURE missions are. I'm sure there used to be there....

Also, gimme more spy mission. I'll take those anyday to ANY long missions.