Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get a break from Spy sorties?

The novelty is wearing thin on how many spy missions there's been on any level of the sorties lately.

They aren't fun to do at all, plus seeing how 9/10 times if you don't run it solo, the ran-dumbs you get will eff it up extremely which makes it feel even longer than the defenses and survivals.

This is even truer (personally) when it comes to uranus (your-ah-nus you jerks..) and earth spies because of the added mini-mazes to deal with that can eff you up at a bad turn on top of patrols and eximus drones.

Edited by (PS4)Foxkid_8

I'd be fine with Sortie spies if they just made it require 2 extracts instead of all 3, solely due to randoms flubbing things up. Objectively speaking, an entire game mode where the whole team is caused to fail from the actions of a single individual is wrapped in poor game design.

I know that sounds harsh and abrasive, but I'm not saying it to be mean to DE; it's just how I honestly see it. I love DE and expect great things from them. But I've been distraught about how flimsily designed our current iteration of Spy is for quite some time. I dislike doing them.

spy sorties are awesome, i just love when people teach me a new hidden path. EX: Uranus labs, one of the rooms you climb a piece of heavy machinery and hidden on top there's a vent with lasers that scan vertically. Spy missions have a lot of exploration, the most obvious path is not always the best one, and stuff like a broken glass can easily make you bypass all the security systems and patrols. Until i followed someone into that glass i did it the hard way. And in the end it all brings you down to how you want to play that spy mission, you got a choice and that is awesome. You're really compelled to explore and find alternate routes, some are well hidden but that really drives that feeling of ninja entering a fortress, there is always a flaw in security you just need to look for it, and when you do you see pretty cool stuff you wouldn't see if running the normal way, machinery inner workings and stuff like,the maps designs are very rich

9 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Honestly spy sorties are my favourite, I can run them solo and I dont have to worry about pubs failing the mission outright.

and they are fast to complete

Spy sorties are really great. They are easy to complete and fast. Spy is one of the quickest mode which is great for Sortie. Yeah I know Uranus Spy are little challenging but why not practice it. If you are worried about pubs ? Then do it SOLO. More tension free. Just practice hard that's all and you will be on business. 

(No hate please. This is all personal preference.) 

Spy ops become increasingly trivial the moment you get your hands on a Loki or Ivara, TBH and they become less hectic if you can get a few Liset air support charges. I donno why you'd complain about an easy sortie completion.

Besides, I personally love spy sorties for the victory-or-failure thrill.

Edited by Alma_Elma

OH MY GOD why does someone make a complain thread about sortie EVERY, SINGLE, DAY.

I like spy in sorties because it takes me 3min to do and it's fine with that.

Plus as long as it's not on the moon almost every spy vault has an easy trick to be completed in less than a minute.

I'm waiting for tomorrow's "please remove assassination from sorties"

Please lessen the SPY Missions on sorties because I am incompetent in playing them. I can't memorize a few repetitive spy vault rooms that take a few seconds to finish.
I would very much prefer to spam blind Mirage on Interception and Excavation missions or even do the lengthy ones like Defense and Survival.

/thread.