Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Prime post-18.10.4 Feedback

OniDax

4 hours ago, Frosty_2.0 said:

I'd be happy with DE adding a skin with the original tinting channels to all Founder accounts, so we could change at will.

I don't remember my exact colour scheme anymore either (didn't have it screenshoted in advance), I've been busy & tired so I just noticed the tint changes & notes yesterday then tried to edit the new PBR tint scheme back from memory.

However if this was done, it should be available for all prime warframes not just Excalibur Prime.

Honestly I think even dreaming of the old tint map is not realistic. The frames have been PBR'ed and I doubt we can go back. Just like it is incredibly unlikley gold can become a seperate tint. The game is probably built from the ground up with 4 areas and it would be an insane amount of work to add more.

What we need is to get it so everyone is happy on the new version. Now I know I am a broken record on this but multiple available skins is the only way I can see of getting this sorted.

2 hours ago, MDRLOz said:

Honestly I think even dreaming of the old tint map is not realistic. The frames have been PBR'ed and I doubt we can go back. Just like it is incredibly unlikley gold can become a seperate tint. The game is probably built from the ground up with 4 areas and it would be an insane amount of work to add more.

What we need is to get it so everyone is happy on the new version. Now I know I am a broken record on this but multiple available skins is the only way I can see of getting this sorted.

What Nachino said is true though. Release it for Excalibur Prime, and the community asks them for the rest in the never ending endless combintion. And if DE doesn't give it to them and gave it to us, we'd be a bunch of elitists (although, in a way I'dm agree with those for once).

You know the drill :P

So that's it? Two updates and no change? This is just going to stay like this in spite of what we voted?  I'm stuck with this stripe on my default colors that wasn't there before?

Edited by Gelkor

1 hour ago, Gelkor said:

So that's it? Two updates and no change? This is just going to stay like this in spite of what we voted?  I'm stuck with this stripe on my default colors that wasn't there before?

There are no changes for Nyx neither. I guess there's other work at the office that needs attention too for U19.

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

There are no changes for Nyx neither. I guess there's other work at the office that needs attention too for U19.

True, and even with the change of Iron Skin = Accent Colors now, it's still... "nail polish-ey."  They might be taking their time with a pass on the new PBRs.

Edited by Gelkor

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

The latest update gave it a better finish. I'm quite satisfied with it now :)

Huh, I'll check it out, i only tried it right after they changed it from energy color to accent color.

3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

The latest update gave it a better finish. I'm quite satisfied with it now :)

Yeah, they've tweaked it since they first switched to accent color, looks much better, didn't play around with other colors aside from the default gold, but looks much better. 

17 hours ago, Gelkor said:

Can I just say that I pointed out earlier why that vote was a bad reflection on what to do with E. prime. It really should not be held up as a "we won" so it should be this way. The whole vote and poll was flawed in so many ways.

Hell, people are still voting in that poll and right now option B is winning! (by 1 vote)

However I am sorely disapointed if this is how this issue ends. Seeing as what this item was meant to mean something and still stands as a symbol for. I dont want to start being all defeatist and saying mean things like "They dont care about founders anymore", but I was really hopeful that for something as special as this time would be taken to come with a solution, complex as it may be, that allowed everyone to have the e prime as close as they could to what they orginally had.

• 1 month later...

Captain log 356-e: I keep washing my pristine white face, but the mud won't go away. I just don't want to go outside anymore, people make fun of me, laugh at me, they even throw power balls at me -- I feel so bad.

AKA Lunaro hit and Excalibur Prime and Nyx Prime still need extra work. Kary hasn't been on the forums for a month neither, so I guess they're crazy busy working on the next two parts of U19, but anyways...

I need to ask you guys because this might be important: What are your thoughts on the whole matter and how would you feel it'd be better solved? How do you feel about the current state of default looking Excalibur Prime?

What I'm asking you is to make a detailed post, in case this is needed to be taken at Staff. MDRLOz and Antoine already took their time writing a detailed opinion, so I could directly link to those posts if needed instead of having you rewrite them :P

Gelkor, Naith, any other Founder that's reading me, I'd appreaciate a detailed post from you.

Edited by NightmareT12

Okay, so in order to update everyone as to what to expect. Talked to Kary a couple of days ago, and it seems that he asked for the files that honored the Option A of the DC poll to go out (in other words, what we got as soon as the PBR update arrived). That was weeks ago though and we haven't gotten them back so go figure. Hopefully it's not too long now.

On the other hand, I've asked to see if we could get Option B of the poll as a separate skin so no one misses out. Cross your fingers everyone.

9 hours ago, Gelkor said:

I pretty much don't care what the color patterns end up being as long as the original default skin is possible.

The thing is Kary sent the original files back -- what we got in Update Rathuum -- in a Hotfix weeks ago but it didn't make it through somehow. Hopefully it's not too long now (I was hoping last Hotfix would include it but it seems it wasn't the case).

As for Option B, if the job was done for both it'd be a bit absurd to simply having one or another, specially when the tints covered are so visually impactful, unlike other cases, when we can have 4 Options total if done right (so, Option A Helmet+Body and Option B Helmet+Body). Not sure if those files are still conserved though.

14 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Okay, so in order to update everyone as to what to expect. Talked to Kary a couple of days ago, and it seems that he asked for the files that honored the Option A of the DC poll to go out (in other words, what we got as soon as the PBR update arrived). That was weeks ago though and we haven't gotten them back so go figure. Hopefully it's not too long now.

On the other hand, I've asked to see if we could get Option B of the poll as a separate skin so no one misses out. Cross your fingers everyone.

I'd rather just get Option A and what we have now. I don't want Option B in the game. Matter of fact, I'd just rather see them add back Option A as a separate skin at this point.

50 minutes ago, AntoineFlemming said:

I'd rather just get Option A and what we have now. I don't want Option B in the game. Matter of fact, I'd just rather see them add back Option A as a separate skin at this point.

But that would be absurd, I mean... It's better to have a skin of Option B and have Option A restored. That way we have 4 items of choice for everyone.

4 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

But that would be absurd, I mean... It's better to have a skin of Option B and have Option A restored. That way we have 4 items of choice for everyone.

I just don't want Option B replacing the current ingame option. I want Option A back for those who want it, but I don't want Option B. That's the worst option, imo. So that's why I said that. I'm not knocking anyone who likes Option B, but I just don't want Option B replacing the current option in-game.

15 hours ago, AntoineFlemming said:

I just don't want Option B replacing the current ingame option. I want Option A back for those who want it, but I don't want Option B. That's the worst option, imo. So that's why I said that. I'm not knocking anyone who likes Option B, but I just don't want Option B replacing the current option in-game.

No no no, that's not what's happening:

-Default: Option A. We're getting this fixed ASAP (was supposed to be fixed weeks ago).

-Possibility I'm hoping we can get for those who want it: Option B via alternative "skin".