Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about The 2nd Dream (Spoilers)

Antiphoton

56 minutes ago, Sargeant_Q said:

Now if we add what we saw in the Rhino Prime Codex to this we get a very interesting result.  In the Codex there is very clearly a frame running amok on the ship or station that the Zariman Kids where kept on.  When in got to the room that they were in one of them seems to have taken control of it.

Again theory, But what if this was the first time they had seen the Zariman Kids take over a frame remotely?  What if that is the first insistent of the Link coming into play?  And what those 2 Scientist's where doing was trying to find a way to do something like this.  Davis seems to have thought this was possible.  And no one believed him.

And yes in game the Operator is talking at the warframes sometimes.  For example about every time I get revived, I get a line from mine.  Usually about how that hurt or that Transference has been resyced.

Very interesting points here.

Can't wait to see what lies in store. Even if they aren't related to what we're discussing here :3

It seems that the Warframes themselves contain SOME sort of organic material (they bleed, they need oxyen, etc.), and it's been suggested by a few people that the Warframes are, in some weird way, living creatures, though maybe the Operators controlling them sort of overrides any of their own will, or perhaps they're just like wild animals when they're not connected to an Operator. Maybe that's the idea behind Rhino P's codex: It was a Warframe that was alive and somehow active, but had no Operator, so it rampaged like some sort of beast (what kind of kid "squats down, shoveling a heap of gore into its mouth"?) until it approached the scientist (maybe because it recognized him as friendly?). That would definitely be interesting, and might explain small in-game things such as blood and the Warframes' personalities, or who/what the operators are talking to if they're not just talking to themselves. It might also add a bit of a moral conflict to the game since we're pretty much highjacking the minds and bodies of living things.

There's definitely something going on with the Warframes themselves sans Operator: the Mirage quest stuff, Rhino Prime's Codex, and the end of Second Dream all seem to indicate that a Warframe can operate on its own, at least in a very limited capacity.

I don't think it's fully a consciousness. but something more like an "echo" or an "imprint" left behind on the Warframe by its original. A ghost in the machine sort of thing.

Maybe the Warframes were originally designed as suits of some kind, but the original wearers were quickly driven insane by pain (a la Dark Sector) or trauma. The Zariman survivors and Transference allowed the Warframes to be used again and controlled.

1 hour ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Nothing confirming or denying anything, just making an observation based on what we saw in the end of the Second Dream.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: doing the Second Dream quest and concluding that the Warframe is the 'real' player character while the Operator is some kind of antagonistic NPC is like watching The Matrix and concluding that Neo (inside the Matrix) and Neo (outside the Matrix) are literally different characters, who just accidentally happen to be played by the same actor and have the same name.