The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rathuum: The Meta Is Real

UnderFiend

One thing to take into consideration:

Warframes with invincibility like valkyr or wukong may seem OP in this event because is too focused on survivability, on the other side, attacks who bypass armor (finisher damage) or instantly  one hits targets (covert lethality) are required for this event.

Those warframes are not the problem, is how the event works, CC is pretty much disabled in rathuum and the frames focused on CC are heavily dependant on their CC abilities to survive due to their poor defensive stats, armor scaling is also a problem.

Edited by Rhaenxys

2 hours ago, Kinjeto said:

But the question is "Why do you need that build?"
Shouldn't the question be "Well this person did this, with that frame, how do I do that myself?"

You speak out of my mind but i think warframes community started to be the wrong place for us xD

Four Corrosive Projections, a competent Blessing Trinity, someone to CC, and everyone with Quick Thinking makes it extremely difficult to be killed.

Speaking of that event, the one where we melee only'd the level 100s, want to know how my random PUG did it? I was Banshee and I locked the map down and they slaughtered them. That's it. With three CPs, there was extremely little resistance. It was that simple. The problem with Warframe is that there is a solution to everything that completely turns the situation into a joke, but people will forsake thinking about it strategically and jump to the easiest way out which often results in "x is too powerful!" crying.

There is no meta. It's all about using the most broken possible combination of exploits and unbalanced warframes, weapons and mods.

There is Ivara with Prowl and Sleep Arrows mixed with any daggers and the Covert Lethality mod for instant kill on finishers.

One of the exploits is to have a group of 4 players. First, the host dies, then a host migration begins and repeat this until there is enough enemies around to keep respawning instantly and at large quantities. Use Mag's Shield Polarize to kill them. How do you think those EGTs managed to get that impossible score?

You could try using any warframe and the Naramon focus with maxed Shadow Step passive, a weapon with high crit chance and the Acolytes event mods (the ones that mantain the combo counter and increase crit chance according to the combo counter) and stay invisible all the time. Bring a melee weapon with Shattering Impact or Corrosive damage with a high status chance so you can strip down enemies' armor and kill them faster.

I admit I've used the Ivara method and got up to 996 kills (got accidentaly killed by the explosion of an absorption shield).

I swear they have to implement a low energy restriction - or even no power usage - on these endurance missions so there is a more "fair" competition.

Edited by RextintorZ

5 hours ago, RextintorZ said:

I swear they have to implement a low energy restriction - or even no power usage - on these endurance missions so there is a more "fair" competition.

Well, I mean, they kinda demand it. I had fun with this event, but the cheese isn't solely on the Tenno's side. Kill a guy, and he'll sometimes respawn right behind you—pow, one-shotted before you even have a chance to spot them. And then there's the infinitely scaling armor, health, and shields.

On 5/5/2016 at 2:22 AM, UnderFiend said:

Once I watched a Valkyr go to 150 then just stop after my Inaros was one-shot immediately upon starting the Endurance run. The other teammates, save the Valkyr, didn't fair much better.

This sounds awfully familiar and a sudden attack of guilt creeps all over me. :D

I went in and carried [DE]Danielle and two MR21s some nights ago on Rathuum Endless with my Rhino. ;<

SCREENSHOTS REMOVED BY D20 : Asking Zarozian to perform some modifications.

As everyone else has said, it eventually comes down to tank frames and your ability to solo and stay alive.

Also Naramon. = w=

Edited by D20
Removed Screenshots

10 hours ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

You speak out of my mind but i think warframes community started to be the wrong place for us xD

Warframe is all about the tools.

What does it do?
What game mode are you playing?
Who are you playing with?
What faction are you fighting?

It's questions you kind of ask as you play.

Is the game endless mode?
How high is my team going?
What does my team have equipped?

The last 3 you don't need to ask if your team is competent.

Edited by Kinjeto

8 hours ago, RextintorZ said:

There is no meta.

8 hours ago, RextintorZ said:

It's all about using the most broken possible combination of exploits and unbalanced warframes, weapons and mods.

Bruh.

Do you know what meta stands for? 

It's always fun running into DE staff during missions. I remember that crazy Raptor Sortie had me singing lullabies to endless Bursa with Devour, while [DE]Rebecca gave them their 'injections'. Running back and forth between the boss and the 'bosses' was annoying, but seeing staff in the trenches sharing the pain makes it worth it sometimes.

I pulled out my Valkyr for the endless run because I knew it'd be all ash and mirages.  Sure enough one ash two mirages.  They died after two enemies.   None of them had done the endless rathuum and I gleefully made them sit through about fifty something enemies as I slowly hacked my way through and jumped around for energy.  My chat was just 'come on man,' 'this is so boring,' and finally 'I should've planned better.'

rule of the day "Everyone plays a little different" there is no set rules of what to use or when to use whatever frame or weapon any player choses. why should you care what and how a player does his playing. and why every single day after day its the same set of whiners hating on the general players that are just "playing"?

no one is stopping anyone from using whats in the game>> how well a player uses whats  provided to the best of their abilities that's another subject to discuss.

Do not for one moment think that anyone wants to play your way or do what you do << keep that amongst your clannies/friends.

so youre good/efficient with "blah blah" frame weapon or companion, no one cares and kudos to you. just as you have came across this game and learned about how to be good with whatever, pass the torch or leave it whichever suits you and let others discover their niche' ways of playing just as you stumbled upon yours, after all youre equally a noob and makes mistakes at playing like everyone else.

Scaling is broken in Warframe, on all sides.

Rathuum just seems to be a great example of this, in every respect.

At this point, the event is overly easy due to ridiculously strong Warframes and their ability combos, as well as Aura Mod combos like Corrosive Projection, while being overly hard for people who do not use such tactics.

The sad thing is that you can't really stray from Valkyr's near never-ending invulnerability or Ash's complete destruction of enemies, as doing so would make you more of a burden than a welcome addition when it comes to teamplay.

Don't get me wrong, plenty of the game's average mod setups, tactics, weapons and Warframes can still complete this event, but the difficulty spike in Endless Mode is what seems to be the real detriment to the mode as a whole.

I'd rather see an Endless Mode focused around player skill instead of "cheese" tactics, especially when it comes to a gamemode essentially bridging the gap (marginally) between PvP and PvE, but I digress.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

I think they should have applied Conclave restrictions to the Rathuum, it is generally Conclave map with bots....

At first I really liked this event, sad it turned to be quite a boring grind... Few problems I had with it are:

1. Too easy to abuse some frames and abilities to ruin fun for all party

2. On the other hand you probably will want to abuse them, because of the point system you have to repeat first maps again and again

3. It could be ok to repeat those missions if they would give you anything good. Maybe it's just my bad luck but I got only 1 stance after a lot of farming. Other than that, just a few cores. more cores yay...

4. Not enough energy orbs on map for cooperative game (also not enough enemies for all team, when you get vampire mode)

11 hours ago, SinReplica said:

It's always fun running into DE staff during missions. I remember that crazy Raptor Sortie had me singing lullabies to endless Bursa with Devour, while [DE]Rebecca gave them their 'injections'. Running back and forth between the boss and the 'bosses' was annoying, but seeing staff in the trenches sharing the pain makes it worth it sometimes.

It's surprising! ;O Wasn't expecting to get invited at all. o -o But it suddenly came out of nowhere~ ;D