The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Can We Get An Augment Slot Now ?

1 hour ago, Paradoxbomb said:

Having a limited amount of slots means the player has to make a decision as to what they truly want since they can't have everything on one frame/weapon, which is the point of having limited slots in the first place. If the Devs just give us additional slots for every new type of mod they release, it kinda undermines the whole making a choice/sacrifice element.

That said, there are certainly issues with "required" mods, or rather mods that are undeniably too good to not have, but I feel that just giving us more and more slots is circumventing the bigger issue rather than addressing it.

TOTALLY AGREED.

Augment mods like Regen Molt, for example, is a must-have when you don't have the time to life strike.

If augment mods feel just optional, and abilities have the 'must-have' augment effects on, then that's what I call an augment.

And more slots to put in doesn't sound good when that means I have to shove another forma down another one of my frames

22 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

TOTALLY AGREED.

Augment mods like Regen Molt, for example, is a must-have when you don't have the time to life strike.

If augment mods feel just optional, and abilities have the 'must-have' augment effects on, then that's what I call an augment.

And more slots to put in doesn't sound good when that means I have to shove another forma down another one of my frames

So you would rather sacrifice a slot then put in some forma ?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

So you would rather sacrifice a slot then put in some forma ?

Yes. That's what optional means. It might sound dumb to you, but just another choice I made for myself.

Edited by LunarEdge7

Ironically enough, DE admitted in the devstream where they first teased the Exilus Adapter that the introduction of Augments is what made them think about adding an extra slot. 

So I guess they did technically add the extra slot, but it's not like it actually solved the problem.

6 hours ago, ChatNinja said:

If anything I'd just be happy if they made all augment mods exilus.

But then we'll need a next Exilus Slot. :/

Exilus Slots are pretty bad right now, so why we don't just make all Augments Exilus Mods? I don't think that anyone will be missing that 15% STR or that Handspring, especially when DE will decide to fix the CCfest Warframe has becomed at high levels, both for players and AI.

I'd miss it, so we should get this what you're also suggesting as an extra!

Edited by (PS4)AngelShur
Added more qoutes.

I wouldn't like this idea. 
I think it's ok to take the slot from other mods if you want extra utility on your other abilities... but, I also think that certain base abilities should be buffed and some augment mods should be buffed too.
The main reason I'm against a augment slot is because there are some augment mods that are really OP, and they could be even better if they allow you to have your full build along the mod. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Been asking for a dedicated augment slot for the longest time

I don't care if DE charges us an exilius adaptor, three forma, and five of each rare resource for it.

Charge us more if you must, just give us the slot.

Feisty!! I Like! 

I'm opposed to making an extra slot for augments for the reasons already mentioned, mostly balance. People will always find a use for more slots as long as it's possible to have some points left. The "1 Augment slot" thing sounds rather arbitrary to me. Why not 2, 3 or 4 while we're at it? (Since ideally all augment mods should be worth using 1 extra slot doesn't solve anything)

I'd be fine with them becoming exilius but only since exilius mod slots have been made into "normal" mod slots anyway with the introduction of the drift mods.

However I consider this idea better, mostly because it supports the diversity in warframe which is one of it's best aspects IMO:

10 hours ago, (PS4)xKAIOWAx said:

This upgraded skills maybe works better if we simply acesses by MR or something like Master points and we buy new skills for chars, dont loosing spaces, dont sacrificing builds

10 hours ago, ElectronX_Core said:

Speaking of, the abilities tab for Warframes is kinda useless right now, so you could just install augments there, and no longer make them as mods, but something separate like focus lenses or something. I hope I am getting my idea across.

But for this to really increase variety and not just be another example of powercreep we obviously need mutiple augments for each ability (and some reworks for the most and least powerful of them) :

7 hours ago, VoidNomade said:

The lack of augment producing is real.

That point is very important too. For a long time now I've been wondering why DE releases augments so slowly. Seeing suggestion posts and hearing all the stuff about the design council voting on augments it seems that there isn't a lack of rather good/fitting augment concepts. Since new frames are released rather constantly anyway at least they shouldn't run out of augments to release even if they released augments more often (if not having content to release is a reason to hold back stuff).

Edited by Rodag

This is something I used to be in favor of... I am not now though.

It was kindly explained to me that DE basically left every frame with what amounts to 2 general use slots when they removed ability mods from the modding system. 

Warframe mods used to be 10 with 4 ability mods required to be able to use the skills.  You could min/max and remove skill mods and put other stuff in their place of course, but you lose access to the ability removed.

Now, we have 8 slots and no ability mods which is the same number a player would have if they only modded to use two skills in the old system.

...That's enough.

As it stands, a player can min/max to their heart's content now without sacrificing skills. If a player wants to have an augment skill attached they can have one with mild min/maxing.

If it's a vanilla build, they have room for 2 different augments at a time.

All that said, I would be cool with the idea of allowing an augment to fit in the exilus slot as you would have to have the slot and also sacrifice the exilus benefits to fit an augment there.

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

see but not all frames have that option . Despoil Equilibruim Shield of shadows Nekros needs so many slots it's crazy, & when I say need I mean need , in order for him to actually be able to fight against high level enemies & thats only when shield of shadows is activated.

Even banshee needs a lot of mods to be worth while. My point is that not all frames are created equal in terms of the amount of slots they require to handle certain levels of enemies . With Valkyr & Excal you probably could use 4-6 of your 8 slots just to fight against an enemy that a fully slotted nekros & banshee are having trouble with 

14 hours ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

This would be very cool, IF you can enable/disable them in the arsenal after unlocking. There are situations where an aug might get in the way; you wouldn't want them on all the time.

this , i support the idea

having 1 aura , 1 exiluse, 1 augment up top would make this much more useful 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

see but not all frames have that option . Despoil Equilibruim Shield of shadows Nekros needs so many slots it's crazy, & when I say need I mean need , in order for him to actually be able to fight against high level enemies & thats only when shield of shadows is activated.

Even banshee needs a lot of mods to be worth while. My point is that not all frames are created equal in terms of the amount of slots they require to handle certain levels of enemies . With Valkyr & Excal you probably could use 4-6 of your 8 slots just to fight against an enemy that a fully slotted nekros & banshee are having trouble with 

Yes, every frame has that option.

You either get to min/max basic functions fully or you have to sacrifice fully min/maxing them to get additional utility from augments.

The problem is that every augment isn't made equal. Many offensive frames get utility augments, but your controller frames don't tend to get damage augments with similar efficacy.

Your example of Nekros isn't a case of need more slots it's a case of really want more slots. The setup you described is one where Nekros gets to enjoy an energy free Desecrate (likely with natural talent, and max range employed) with reduced downsides as equilibrium is equipped.... While enjoying the enhanced defense of SoS.

The dilemma you are facing is intended.

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

It was kindly explained to me that DE basically left every frame with what amounts to 2 general use slots when they removed ability mods from the modding system. 

Warframe mods used to be 10 with 4 ability mods required to be able to use the skills.  You could min/max and remove skill mods and put other stuff in their place of course, but you lose access to the ability removed.

This is true to a certain extent.

However some of us used single-skill, 9-mod builds before the frame skill system rework took away that ninth mod slot.

2 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Now, we have 8 slots and no ability mods which is the same number a player would have if they only modded to use two skills in the old system.

...That's enough.

As it stands, a player can min/max to their heart's content now without sacrificing skills. If a player wants to have an augment skill attached they can have one with mild min/maxing.

All that said, I would be cool with the idea of allowing an augment to fit in the exilus slot as you would have to have the slot and also sacrifice the exilus benefits to fit an augment there.

We are not living in the days of patch X.X though.

Vanilla or w/e that means shouldn´t be the scale we measure things today. You can´t balance and introduce new things with having such a outdated meta in mind.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

This is true to a certain extent.

However some of us used single-skill, 9-mod builds before the frame skill system rework took away that ninth mod slot.

True... Which is why the re-works are happening imo. To kill off the one trick pony builds.

Those builds would allow you to do one thing really well at the expense of anything that didn't share the same attributes.

That's the essence of min/maxing and is still able to be done, your assertion says that your power got limited, and that's just balancing. 

I can't argue that removing that 9th slot jacked some builds up, but they have already started giving a measure of that power back in the exilus slot.  I don't expect it will be to the same degree though. 

2 minutes ago, VoidNomade said:

We are not living in the days of patch X.X though.

Vanilla or w/e that means shouldn´t be the scale we measure things today. You can´t balance and introduce new things with having such a outdated meta in mind.

Did the mods and how they scale change? ...Because that's what DE is going to balance to.

Folks seem to overlook that what DE intends to be the meta is the meta. 

The current system gives you the ability to completely min/max, min/max some, or build vanilla with augments.... That's balanced as trade-offs have to happen. (meta)

With respect, you want to have the augment without sacrificing the power... This game has always been about trade-offs.(meta)

Augments are a choice, not a requirement. If you want the augment, then be prepared to give something up... It's why you have multiple loadouts. (meta)

Asserting that the past shouldn't apply, because it's not the past, asserts that nothing got learned from it... We all know that isn't (at least it shouldn't be) true.