Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your opinions on Aura repolarisation

Dhansak

Question

I am thinking of formaing the aura slots on most of my frames to match the polarity of Energy Siphon. I mainly solo, but when I do group, it is never for high-end stuff so the Corrosive Projection scenario doesn't really apply to my situation. Although I mainly run under the zenurik focus school, so energy isn't a problem, I hope to mess around with naramon shortly so I'll be missing the enrgy auto top-ups.

So my question is: are there any frames you would definitely change? - or definitely avoid changing? 

Thanks

9 answers to this question

I tend to change most to - polarity, ash I left with v as steel charge affects blade storm  and trin and frost still have D polarity for rejuvenation/ physic, I would prefer to not have any polarity as it allows you to swap aura without penalties this is what I did on nekros and excal 

I'd avoid changing any Aura slots without polarities, which so far I think only applies to Excalibur and Nekros. It's better to leave that slot unpolarized and polarizing a normal slot instead.

But yeah, I often change the Aura slot to a dash polarity, either for Energy Siphon, Enemy Radar, Loot Detector, or Corrosive Projection.
Also, don't forget that Corrosive Projection gives a significant damage boost even in solo. When enemies get to around level 40-50, you're looking at 50% more damage.

I would say change every V to a - on frames that don't go melee only. So Rhino, Volt, Mag, Banshee, Ember are what comes to my mind.

I would also recommend changing the polarity on trinity, because rejuvination is the only really good one in there and trin can just heal back to full with her 4 whenever she wants.

Other that the D polarities generally aren't that bad on frost and saryn and frames like valkyr, ash and excal benefit a lot from steel charge, so it's also not worth it to change to a -.

I myself have changed all my frames' auras to a -, as the auras that fit (especially Corrosive Projection) are leagues more useful than the other auras. Rejuvenation is overrated.

I've only left 2 frames' auras untouched, and those are Ash (kept V for Steel Charge since his 4 benefits more from it than it would from CP), and Atlas, for the same reason.

Thank you all for your replies. Will go ahead and change my non-melee caster frames to a - . That will keep me going for awhile at the rate I level up (I have never done draco - just use spy missions)

Will have a think about Saryn ... I quite like the rejuve on her (don't have regen molt yet) - but there's always life strike.. hmm

I haven't gone melee only so far, but it's definitely something I want to try in the future - so looking forward to see how well Steel Charge does!

Thanks again folks :)

Unless you're focusing on Finisher damage,
I do believe melee will still benefit more from Corrosive Projection than Steel Charge
when up against anything with any kind of significant Armor.

Also, D Polarity on Trinity is just being lazy :P

Edited by NinjaZeku

one thing I noticed about armor even after rathuum is viral works faster at killing a high armored enemy than just stripping them to health then working on health. it was almost comical.

with viral on my orthos p  2 slam attacks and a finisher stab and level 480 all armored executioner was dead. went to the void didn't change  my loadout went 90 mins t4s same result.

as for aura slot polarity change  I tend to leave all my frames aura slot blank and polarize the regular slots to compensate just for versatility.