Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scammed

(PSN)Deadman_JBA

Question

Saw and in trade/buying chat in the game saw from -Removed Name- saying he has 50percent coupon and he'll buy something if you give him plat I've done this before an worked ok but he didn't send me what I asked for and he ignores my in ps4 message and in Warframe what can I do 

Edited by NovusNova
Removed name and shame

20 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Babellon said:

um, what? how does him having a 50% coupon help you in a trade with him? Giving him plat isn't going to benefit you at all. 

PS4 has a different system than PC,instead of discount on buying platinum, they get a discount on all purchases made with platinum (something to do with Sony licensing and sales on games).  Unfortunately that opens up the ecosystem to plat scams like this. 

Sorry @(PS4)Deadman_JBA, all you can do is put in a support ticket to maybe resolve this (but probably not), otherwise, there's nothing that can be done except don't get scammed again in the future. 

13 minutes ago, Deadroy97 said:

I would strongly recommend contacting custommer support and explaining your situation. Just be kind and patient and explain everything, and they'll probably help you.

Here's the link : https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Log in on the upper right portion of the site and click submit a ticket and follow the instructions. It usually takes 1 hour - 48 hours to get a reply.

I'm sorry but Support will not be able to help them since it was an "outside of the game UI agreement".

For future reference, only trades done using the in game trading system via the trade kiosks are issues support will try to help with.

I would strongly recommend contacting custommer support and explaining your situation. Just be kind and patient and explain everything, and they'll probably help you.

Here's the link : https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Log in on the upper right portion of the site and click submit a ticket and follow the instructions. It usually takes 1 hour - 48 hours to get a reply.

Edited by Deadroy97

Just now, NovusNova said:

I'm sorry but Support will not be able to help them since it was an "outside of the game UI agreement".

I see, thank you.

Welp, I'm sorry OP, but looks like this is it. Don't go into such trades which aren't made at trade kiosks ,or on earth's bazaar (AT THE SAME TIME, not only you giving him something before he gives you something).

44 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

For future reference, only trades done using the in game trading system via the trade kiosks are issues support will try to help with.

but if he gave him plat wouldn't that mean that he used the trade post?

21 minutes ago, -FrostByte- said:

He used the trading post to give the plat. The "item" he was supposed to receive in return—the 50% coupon—was not (and could not be) traded via the trading post. So DE doesn't have any way of enforcing that part of the trade, which is why they specifically warn against engaging in such trades.

Edited by motorfirebox

15 minutes ago, -FrostByte- said:

Read the trade channel when you next log in, it specifically states DE doesn't enforce trades for anything besides what is listed. You will notice "promises for xyz" is there specifically as not being something they enforce IIRC.

My guess is the guy/gal has done it before and nothing has come of it.

Never fall for those 50%off cupons they will straight  up take your plat and run,isn't it funny how they have a cupon everyday?  Just subit a report to support with name and if you have a screen shot apply that you.Hope you get it taken care of,not sure if u'll get your plat back but you can try

8 hours ago, NovusNova said:

Looks like the only thing you can do to prevent this is to be careful next time. Don't be so sad, profit numbs the feeling. Try to sell stuff and regain plat. I once sold Volt P set for 50 plat. I was sad, but profit helped me.

I asked he can get me ifrit armor which usually 90p but which his coupon he can gift it to me for less since it's half off with his coupon he message me saying I received it chech my message it wasn't there I contacted him he ignores me in playstion and in Warframe 

On 5/13/2016 at 5:18 PM, (PS4)Deadman_JBA said:

Saw and in trade/buying chat in the game saw from -Removed Name- saying he has 50percent coupon and he'll buy something if you give him plat I've done this before an worked ok but he didn't send me what I asked for and he ignores my in ps4 message and in Warframe what can I do 

I'm not sure what DE can do.  I've actually been scammed in the game in trade.  It was back when there were only three trading slots so the items with more than three parts  required two trades.  After the first trade, the guy ran and ignored me.  I record everything with shadowplay so I contacted DE support, supplied the video, and they took care of it.

I'd contact them but I'm not sure what they can do.  As mentioned earlier, they can't do anything about trading promises.