Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General consensus on Prime Packs

Nekonomable

Personally, I don't want to touch them. I would be more willing if it was all cosmetics (like path of exile), but the idea of buying items you should be able to reliably get in game is dirty to me. I rather spend my money on the cosmetics, and avoid buying things like materials and frames, since I frankly shouldn't ever have to pay for gameplay important items in a free to play. I'm usually ok with boosters, but even the massive boosters from the prime access I know would be mostly wasted.

I get that they are supported packs, but again, I can give my support by not wasting half of the purchase on things I should be playing the game for, or boosters I usually won't be able to use the most of.

2 minutes ago, Skyblade799 said:

Personally, I don't want to touch them. I would be more willing if it was all cosmetics (like path of exile), but the idea of buying items you should be able to reliably get in game is dirty to me. I rather spend my money on the cosmetics, and avoid buying things like materials and frames, since I frankly shouldn't ever have to pay for gameplay important items in a free to play. I'm usually ok with boosters, but even the massive boosters from the prime access I know would be mostly wasted.

I get that they are supported packs, but again, I can give my support by not wasting half of the purchase on things I should be playing the game for, or boosters I usually won't be able to use the most of.

So the cosmetic packs in each one dont tempt you in the slightest?

I'd be a little more inclined to buy them if I ever had that much money to throw at Warframe. hehe.

The last Prime Access (Saryn) was priced at $49.99 for the cheapest package, $79.99 for the next tier up, and $139.99 for the biggest package.

4 minutes ago, Nekonomable said:

So the cosmetic packs in each one dont tempt you in the slightest?

Nope. Too much for almost nothing. Most of the cost is in the frames/boosters I don't want. I buy the cosmetics from the regular market instead.

3 minutes ago, Skyblade799 said:

Nope. Too much for almost nothing. Most of the cost is in the frames/boosters I don't want. I buy the cosmetics from the regular market instead.

Interesting.

1 minute ago, SergeiTheBeast said:

Never, Give me the ability to buy the cosmetics on their own or i won't even look at it. I refuse to buy frames and weapons. EVERY time I've ever broken my own rule on that I've severely regretted it.

There are the prime access cosmetic only packs ;3

11 minutes ago, Nekonomable said:

Interesting.

Oh that's a thing finally? Can i buy it with plat or still just cash only? Cause i've got plat saved on my account. till it runs dry I'm usually never tempted to spend money again.

2 minutes ago, SergeiTheBeast said:

Oh that's a thing finally? Can i buy it with plat or still just cash only? Cause i've got plat saved on my account. till it runs dry I'm usually never tempted to spend money again.

its been a thing for nearly every prime access since nyx...  its like... 40$ 30$? for the cosmetics, profile icons, sigils, badges, and plat/boosters depending on what they bundle with it

1 hour ago, Skyblade799 said:

I feel ya, you want your purchase to feel more unique  and not a actually making you play the game less, cause if you bought it why would you farm it again. 

One bad thing though of having packs me more unique is people will start complaining about pay to win/be cool or it will be another excal prime problem. 

4 minutes ago, SergeiTheBeast said:

... When was the last time you've played Warframe for real? Lol

For me personaly it is too expensive.

Reason for that is, i see primes as purely cosmetic and not as new or better versions. If i like how the prime frames or prime weapons look like, i'm farming them or buying them from other players (i personally don't care about the stat boosts the primes get. Same with prisma, vandal and wraith upgrades) . And because of that $139.99 is way to much for 5 cosmetic items or $49.99 for 2 cosmetic items if you only buy prime accessories pack. It's actually $25 for 1 skin (i know that you get 90 day xp booster but i never needed such things).
In the f2p MMORPG game i played before Warframe (would still play the game if the devs didn't made drastic changes after 3 years out of beta and ruined the game i liked) you had to pay $9.99 for a DLC every 3 months (of course you didn't have to pay for it to play the game but if you wanted new stuff and progression then you had to pay^^) and in this DLC you got new quests, new gear (not only upgrades, cosmetic aswell) and new powers (you can compare new powers to new warframes) and that was fine for me. If i compare what i got for $10 in that game and what i get for $139.99 if i buy the biggest pack or $49.99 if i only buy prime accessories pack it's too expensive for what i get.

1 minute ago, Nekonomable said:

its been a thing for nearly every prime access since nyx...  its like... 40$ 30$? for the cosmetics, profile icons, sigils, badges, and plat/boosters depending on what they bundle with it

Rhino actually. Right after Ember Prime.

I buy the cosmetic packs and once a year or so I will buy a big pack to refresh my Plat. I have no problem throwing DE some money as I feel like I have gotten far more out of it than I have put in. The time to money value is there for me especially when compared to other games I have purchased. I do wish they would either remove or alternate the boosters though. I really don't have a use for a credit or XP booster anymore and would gladly exchange them for something else.

2 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

I buy the cosmetic packs and once a year or so I will buy a big pack to refresh my Plat. I have no problem throwing DE some money as I feel like I have gotten far more out of it than I have put in. The time to money value is there for me especially when compared to other games I have purchased. I do wish they would either remove or alternate the boosters though. I really don't have a use for a credit or XP booster anymore and would gladly exchange them for something else.

11 minutes ago, The-Tective said:

For me personaly it is too expensive.

Reason for that is, i see primes as purely cosmetic and not as new or better versions. If i like how the prime frames or prime weapons look like, i'm farming them or buying them from other players (i personally don't care about the stat boosts the primes get. Same with prisma, vandal and wraith upgrades) . And because of that $139.99 is way to much for 5 cosmetic items or $49.99 for 2 cosmetic items if you only buy prime accessories pack. It's actually $25 for 1 skin (i know that you get 90 day xp booster but i never needed such things).
In the f2p MMORPG game i played before Warframe (would still play the game if the devs didn't made drastic changes after 3 years out of beta and ruined the game i liked) you had to pay $9.99 for a DLC every 3 months (of course you didn't have to pay for it to play the game but if you wanted new stuff and progression then you had to pay^^) and in this DLC you got new quests, new gear (not only upgrades, cosmetic aswell) and new powers (you can compare new powers to new warframes) and that was fine for me. If i compare what i got for $10 in that game and what i get for $139.99 if i buy the biggest pack or $49.99 if i only buy prime accessories pack it's too expensive for what i get.

the split in opinions is really interesting

I've only bought a couple of the accessory packs. I'm not interested in buying things I can farm some if not all of. I find it hard to justify buying even the accessory packs now though. Maybe the last few just weren't interesting enough for me... but honestly I'd be more inclined to buy them if the accessory packs were just that... accessories ONLY (with price reduction to match or swap out boosters for straight up platinum). I have more Credits than I'll need for a long, long time, and affinity boosters aren't something I'm really interested in.

Edited by AXCrusnik

My feelings are too strong for words, so here is a picture worth 1000 words; also it has 8 bonus words on it.
accessories-too-damn-high.jpg
In all seriousness... I have got kids to feed; I'd happily pay $40 for the full prime pack minus some platinum or something but I can't pay more than I pay fortnightly for meat for my family on a digital purchase which only benefits me and that won't last forever.

Edited by T7Alpha

31 minutes ago, WingedCrusade said:

Rhino actually. Right after Ember Prime.

Yup.  Ember Prime being the first Prime Access (Frost and Mag didn't get PA) and the only one not to have a separate Prime Accessories option.  People said they wanted to be able to buy just the non-farmable cosmetics and DE introduced that for the very next Prime Access.  Yet people still get on DE's case and say they don't listen to our feedback.  They do listen, they just have to balance it with a working business model.

I don't normally buy Prime Access as I sadly do have plenty of time to farm Void for parts and the cosmetics rarely look special enough for me to want to pay for them. 

I did treat myself to the Nova Prime Access because I ended up with some extra cash at the time and I do like Nova, but I don't use the cosmetics anymore.  The Affinity booster was handy, three months of adding Forma and effortlessly acquiring everything from Syndicates, but not something I care enough about to consider a major selling point.  The Credit Booster got silly as now I have something like 30 million and can do things like mistype the quantity when buying DNA Boosters then think "Sure, I'll spend 1 million credits on them.  I've got the credits and I'll use them eventually...". Totally unnecessary.

If/when we get a Valkyr Prime Access I'll probably buy all of that as she's currently my second favourite frame but otherwise I'm unlikely to be buying any Prime Access unless the Accessories are something amazing and glorious.

1 hour ago, Nekonomable said:

There are not. They pair them with boosters to wring your wallet dry instead of giving us a cheaper option for LITERALLY just the cosmetics. If they did that a lot more people would buy them, but at the same time a lot of people that DO buy them still would buy the cheaper pack and they'd lose money there. Whether it would be a net gain or loss is anyone's guess really but I'd put my money on loss since Prime Access is DE's #1 source of income from warframe. Why would they mess with something they know works to keep them fueled even if all else fails?- I guess.

58 minutes ago, WingedCrusade said:

... When was the last time you've played Warframe for real? Lol

today, I just never look at the prime packs tbh. So it's my own fault. after looking over the past stuff, It doesn't make a difference to me. the prices for those packs are a joke imo. Too expensive for cosmetics, On the flip side the cosmetics are all I want but those prices are too much for that.

Too expensive for me, and I have negative use for those boosters.  I would "buy" them if I could trade my plat in for them, but I get the feeling they wouldn't allow that.  (Probably because that would allow the lucky few to technically get their PA's for 50 or 75% off due to plat coupons.)

I'm an avid trader and spend my earned plat freely, but am much more miserly with my real life monies.