Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

you have one mammoth on a pressure plate holding a door closed, on the other side is gold. what do you do?

dangerdragon117

1 minute ago, DeltaPhantom said:

But now it's a vehicle on the plate instead of a mammoth. At that point, we can press the kill button with no consequence.

Remember the pressure plate is keeping the door CLOSED, I didn't say whether or not the button was NEEDED.

Just now, dangerdragon117 said:

Remember the pressure plate is keeping the door CLOSED, I didn't say whether or not the button was NEEDED.

Well in that case after the mammoth is off and clear of the area, just drive the vehicle off the plate.

Dig a hole in the ground to find the circuitry that connects the pressure plate to the door. Then I shall open the door via wire-on-wire contact and take the gold, and use my money to hire workers and machinery that move the mammoth on the pressure plate. Afterwards, I'll sell the mammoth with the pressure plate through an auction.

10 minutes ago, Tsoe said:

he used mammoth's ancient magic

Mammoth
Huge beast, unaligned

Armor Class 13 (natural armor)
Hit Points 126 (11d12 + 55)
Speed 40 ft.

STR
24 (+7)
DEX
9 (-1)
CON
21 (+5)
INT
3 (-4)
WIS
11 (+0)
CHA
6 (-2)

Senses passive Perception 10
Languages -
Challenge 6 (2300 XP)

Trampling Charge. If the mammoth moves at least 20 feet straight toward a creature and then hits it with a gore attack on the same turn, that target must succeed on a DC 18 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone. If the target is prone, the mammoth can make one stomp attack against it as a bonus action.

ACTIONS

Gore. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 25 (4d8 + 7) piercing damage.

Stomp. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 5 ft., one prone creature. Hit: 29 (4d10 + 7) bludgeoning damage.

A mammoth is an elephantine creature with thick fur and long tusks.

Mammoths can not be wizards. Check the int stat
Edited by ArchangelusAlpharius

Kill the mammoth and take the gold.

A single mammoth is not enough for repopulating an entire species. For enough genetic diversity, we need at least 50 individuals with different genetic codes to prevent genetic defects caused by rapid inbreeding. Cloning is not an option either since 98% of clones die at birth or have a significantly lower lifespan than the original animal, plus it does not solve the problem of genetic diversity. The mammoth is a dead one.

I'd neither kill the mammoth OR take the gold..

Money is the root of all evil...I am not a materialist so the gold does not hold any interest for me.

I do how ever love rare exotic interesting creatures. I'd feed the mammoth and find a way to move it from the pressure plate to a sanctuary where it would live out the rest of its life. While also taking samples of its dna in the hopes of one day cloning a new mammoth. Plus the video footage would be extremely valuable to science because we would learn so much about Mammoths.

I aint gonna do s***. I could free the Mammoth, but than I die, and Im not going to kill myself for a creature that will die out because its the only one alive.

Wait... if its the only mammoth alive and will eventually die out anyway... f*** it, Im taking the gold.

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

a single Mammoth is useless to the world, it won't survive on it's own.

This. Even if it lives to old age it's going to die alone without reproducing. Throw the corpse on ice if you wanna clone it or some S#&$.

you would die.

Or would Loki's Decoy die? Eh? Eh?

Edited by AXCrusnik