Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do's and dont's of Defense

(PSN)spdwyblu05xrun

Question

I personally dont like when people (especially in Void Defense) camp at the spawnrooms (where the players spawn too). Nah, i hate it! The objective is to defend the Pod and not to kill the Monsters while they are spawning.. A lot of tryhards are also dying while doing that and this is just anoying! Other than that i dont have any things which i dont like there. :)

€dit: Welcome to the Warframe Com. Hope you enjoy your time :)

Edited by -S-O-Kranker

Do's:

- Stay inside snow globe if you are papery.
- Bring at least one good weapon/frame, one that can carry you.
- Listen to players who know what they are doing.
- Be familiar with your role.
- Chill/don't panic.

Don'ts:

- Iron skin rhino in a T4 Defense.
- Banish everyone in the team, leaving enemies unbanished.
- Bring Rank 0 gear/unmodded items.
- Use a beacon without permission (G3, Zanuka, Stalker).
- Block snipers.
- Get downed once every wave.
- Spawn camp.
- Hallway hero/Leeroy Jenkins, unless you can really do it.
- Bring a Limbo, unless everyone agrees and knows your plan/s.
- TT/QQ for having no EV Trinity/Meta-build.
- Try new experimental builds (e.g. weeping wounds twin ballsack/basolk) in high level defenses.
- Panicking (spamming CC for no reason).
- Spamming CC for no reason,
- Doing a narta in hectic waves.

Maybe more, but here's what I find to be appropriate.

Edited by p3z1

How to annoy your teammates in defense:

Step 1: Blind everything on the map nonstop so they don't come at you.

Step 2: Rhino stomp everything on the map nonstop so they don't come at you.

Step 3: Nova slow at the beginning of each wave as enemies spawn so they don't come at you. (seeing a pattern yet?)

Step 4: Run away from the objective towards a random enemy spawn all the way across the map to be the hero you always wanted to be. The hallway hero you always wanted to be.

Step 5: Revive a downed team mate while the pod is low on health and still being attacked right next to you.

Step 6: Have every single player in the squad run over to revive a guy leaving the pod alone no matter what health it's at- when only one person is needed.

Step 7: Be Limbo. Cataclysm the pod.

Never go Hallway hero. I do not care if Frost or Vauban has the objective on lockdown. I do not care if you are a Valk or Excal main. NEVER GO HALLWAY HERO

1. Affinity isn't shared

2. Spawns get screwed up

3. We have to chase down the resource drops (only time I don't mind is when the kills come from the designated Sniper, usually me and my Paris Prime, Affinity is still shared from long range bow kills)

4. You (and the specters you spawned) are blocking my line of fire, get out of the way.

5. It is annoying going from covering a few sight lines to being completely surrounds because you are too impatient.

Edited by Hayabusa97

13 hours ago, Jbob98 said:

Dos:

Play with people you know and have fun with.

Don'ts:

Play Pubs.

Easy philosophy for me to live by.

I like this answer, only in pub matches do you have to deal with people who have long lists and want to tell you what to do as if they're all of a sudden the team leader.

Bring the right gear.  Specters with ranged attacks parked on or next to the objective can last surprisingly long and provide a lot of help in taking down enemies or applying any other powers they have.  Energy, Health, and Ammo Restores can help you and your team keep going far longer than you'd otherwise be able to.

Stay close to the objective and your teammates.  This lets you take advantage of shared affinity and any short-range buffs from them.  Also, it means you're covered by snowglobes, cataclysms, and other area defenses.  There are things that will require you moving away from the objective, but your default state should be close to it.

Be aware of the range of any CCs you're using.  Having the enemy step out where we can shoot them and then stop is good.  Having to go dig them out of their spawn locations is not.

Know the difference between a task that requires one person and one that requires several.  If it only needs 1 person and someone else is doing it, you don't need to - go back to defending.

Choose your energy color wisely.  Especially if you're using powers that will cover significant parts of the field.  Go with darker or muted energy colors to avoid distracting or blinding your fellow players.

Keep an eye on the status and location of your teammates.  If you have any sort of support powers, you want to know when they're needed.  Also, if two members of your team are currently doing something (whether that's a single thing or two different ones) that take them away from the defense objective, now is not the time for you to go run grab pick-ups.  Try to make do with the energy and ammo you have until they get back.

If your tactics involve doing something unconventional, talk to your team about it.  Preferably before the mission starts.

Learn to do the Cataclysm Shuffle.  This one's only really relevant in teams with Limbo (you could do it with Frost's Snowglobe, but there's no reason to), but when it comes up, getting comfortable with this can be a huge help if you're not in a position to let your powers do the work.

( quote by p3z1 goes here. Dumb phone didn't cooperate)

I don't think you can tell people to not bring unranked gear. I believe as long as their frame has a potato and they are good at killing with at least 1 weapon they should take advantage of all the affinity for their unranked stuff. Otherwise they are forced into Draco. 

Edited by Plushy

Just now, ArchangelusAlpharius said:

When enemies are lv 200 frost kinda has to stack...

obviously :P, but when the enemies are 30-70 and you have a good snow globe build the frost can still at least shoot

HallwayHeroes/SpawnCampers.

They're try-harding and force everyone who wants resources/mods that drop in their location, to abandon the actual Defense objective to get those items, then run back and do the job they ignore.

Do's:

• Frost should bring and maintain a large globe to protect against bombards.
  • Stay by the pod and let the enemies come to you.

Don'ts: 

• Anything that slows down the enemies (Blind Mirage, Slow Nova) unless going for endurance
  • Hallway heroes (resources take more effort to pick up and unnecessarily dying)

There really is only one rule of T4 Defense : Don't activate lasors until all agreed on.

Other than that, play however the host wishes, I sometimes let my squad do whatever they want and we just have a 20 minute melee fest running around the entire map killing things. 

23 hours ago, (XB1)AtlongsterATL said:

I agree with most all these lists, especially the hallway hero sentiment.

However why all the Limbo hate?  I haven't played with many Limbos, but why is he particularly bad in defense?

He isn't "bad" but the color/graphic is annoying and you can't get away from it if he has a big aura via mods.

Frost is annoying too -- bad frosts put up globes that block YOU from shooting the MELEE mobs that swarm the pod and protect the enemy!   You are forced to walk over inside the hard to see globe area to kill them.

But the big ones that annoy me..

- people that quit after one reward.  If you can't go at least 3, and are not a total noob who is obviously tagging planet nodes, stay a while.

- people that don't contribute to focus (and are not new).

- flashy graphics that blind everyone.

- being knocked out over and over...

I don't mind a bit of hallway heroing (personally I pop up there now and then and have a bit of fun, and I don't begrudge anyone of a bit of fun like that now and then), but it's really annoying when you get people who camp down in the other hall throughout the mission. 

Not only is it frustrating because it can leave the pod (which is the failure condition of the entire goddamn mission) open to being swamped, but everyone loses out on shared xp because everyone's too spread out.

Furthermore, when things get really hectic around the pod, it's often not possible to rez someone down in the other hall, too risky because you need all hands on deck protecting the pod.  In that case, the hallway hero has risked the mission somewhat by subtracting their effort from pod protection.

Edited by Omnimorph