The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reasons Why Grineer / Corpus / Infested Weapons CAN & SHOULD Be Primed

Right, so we know that the Corpus and Grineer are basically offshoot civilisations that are derived and descended from different parts of the Orokin Empire, that separated when that Empire fell.

Considering this, we must realise that almost every aspect of both the Grineer and Corpus civilisations are also derived from the Orokin Empire, meaning that where there is a Grineer or Corpus technological concept, the Orokin once had a concept that was almost identical to it and likely far more advanced, something that the Grineer and Corpus technologies are at least loosely based upon, and quite possibly not even half as advanced as.

Let's take the Gorgon for example, seeing as I'm talking about weapons here. The Gorgon is a classic, commonly used Grineer weapon. Now, did the Grineer develop this weapon from scratch? Or did they base it's design on a weapon they were aware existed within the Orokin empire? I think the latter will be true. I'm not saying I think that somewhere deep in the void there's a "Gorgon Prime" just waiting to be discovered. But I do think however, that there will be another weapon, not Primed, but still of Orokin design, an original weapon extremely similar to the Gorgon but also quite different, with a different name. And the same goes for many other Grineer weapons, and Corpus weapons, if not ALL of them.

I mean after all, the Tenno weapons are based off Orokin tech, so why can't the Grineer and Corpus weapons be the same?

As for the infested weapons, well, again, the infestation were essentially a creation of the Orokin empire. They were and still are, a weapon devised from bio-technology and nano-technology, created with one purpose, to aid in the fight against the Sentients. While the Orokin were experimenting with ways to fend off the insurgent Sentient forces, they will have experimented with the technocyte, crafting different weapon-types, essentially creating primed infested weaponry. So somewhere, there will be, or at least should be, original Orokin technocyte weaponry ripe for the picking. A Torid Prime perhaps? Or at the very least, a weapon the Torid is derived from. An electrical discharge Orokin weapon derived from a mixture between Orokin tech and technocyte, used in an attempt to disable sentient units or other robotic units taken over by the sentient UI?

The warframes themselves are a good example of this. They're comprised of many different materials including infested flesh, and they can all be primed.

So yeah, this is my arguement for why I think that literally all Grineer / Corpus / Infested weapons can, and should at some point be primed, or at the very least, have an Orokin counterpart, not necessarily a prime, but something else, something they were based on, or are derived from.

So basically, remove any original concepts from these factions and make them all orokin ripoffs with zero unique creations of their own, just so every weapon can have a direct upgrade that replaces all the hard work you put into the existing one?

Nah

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

So basically, remove any original concepts from these factions and make them all orokin ripoffs with zero unique creations of their own, just so every weapon can have a direct upgrade that replaces all the hard work you put into the existing one?

Nah

Wow, approximately 30 seconds in and instant negativity. This must be record.

Well, that already happens. For example when we get prisma, wraith, vandal, or even primed weapons. Or primed Warframes / Sentinels. Whatever things you put all that hard work into are rendered obsolete therefore your hard work is also rendered pointless. 

Well, that's essentially what happens in every game over time. Things get buffed, things get nerfed, new things come out that dwarf the old things.

Hell, it's what happens in life too. Things become obsolete over time, new discoveries are made, new technologies. Hard work is rendered obsolete by these discoveries and by the new opportunities presented to us. It's just what happens.

15 minutes ago, Master-Ouroboros said:

Considering this, we must realise that almost every aspect of both the Grineer and Corpus civilisations are also derived from the Orokin Empire, meaning that where there is a Grineer or Corpus technological concept, the Orokin once had a concept that was almost identical to it and likely far more advanced, something that the Grineer and Corpus technologies are at least loosely based upon, and quite possibly not even half as advanced as.

I mean after all, the Tenno weapons are based off Orokin tech, so why can't the Grineer and Corpus weapons be the same?

Is it really that simple?
We are all human and people in America came from England, Spain, France, Germany... Is american technology just the same as what Europeans have? Do we have the same weapons? No we don't. We evolve. We can think.
The same goes for Grineer and Corpus in Warframe. Once they made weapons based on Orokin technology but then after some time they started to make their own weapons.

Edited by The-Tective

Just now, The-Tective said:

Is it really that simple?
We are all human and people in America come from England, Spain, France, Germany... Is american technology just the same as what Europeans have? Do we have the same weapons? No we don't. We evolve. We can think.
The same goes for Grineer and Corpus in Warframe. Once they made weapons based on Orokin technology but then after some time they started to make their own weapons.

America is one of the most if not THE most multicultural country on the planet and lots of its traditions, technologies and many other concepts entwined in its society have been derived from other cultures around the world.

But yeah, I'm not saying that the Grineer / Corpus haven't created weapons of their own, of course they have, but a good majority of their technology will be based off Orokin tech.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Umm, I believe the Braton is a Corpus weapon and we got a prime variant of that long ago.

Same goes for the Lato, as both the Braton and the Lato have vandal variants...not wraith.

It's not difficult to believe other Corpus tech could be primed some day.

Not sure about that, I always thought the Braton / Lato were Tenno weapons. Maybe they were originally intended to be Corpus weapons, much like the Snipetron, but that didn't fit into the lore DE wanted to push, so they changed them to Tenno weapons? Remember Snipetron was originally removed from the game and the reason stated was because it didn't fit into the lore, because it wasn't an energy weapon despite being a Corpus weapon. It was also replaced by Lanka.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Umm, I believe the Braton is a Corpus weapon and we got a prime variant of that long ago.

Same goes for the Lato, as both the Braton and the Lato have vandal variants...not wraith.

Because the Braton is a Corpus rip-off the Braton Prime. Nothing on the Lato being Corpus.

6 minutes ago, Master-Ouroboros said:

Now, did the Grineer develop this weapon from scratch?

Umm, yes? Why wouldn't they? Both factions were active for hundreds of years and you're trying to suggest that they haven't developed on their own during that time at all. It just makes no sense.

As far as I know the Grineer hate the Orokin because they enslaved them. I don't think they would use Orokin tech at all.

9 minutes ago, Master-Ouroboros said:

. A Torid Prime perhaps?

Torid is an infested Ogris. A Grineer weapon.

The reason why infestation was used only with warframes was because apparently only the Tenno were able to control it. Everything else backfired.

Also, wasn't it Alad V who started experimenting with infested weaponry?

10 minutes ago, Master-Ouroboros said:

Yes, that's because the Tenno were given those weapons by the Orokin specifically to fight the Sentients. It makes sense with them.

Unique weapons and equipment is what makes all the factions interesting. If you just say 'hey, it Orokin tech', you take a lot from them.

sigh... just gonna try to put this simply.

Grineer and corpus weapons CAN be primed. Proof- Braton prime, braton is a corpus weapon. Reason- the corpus and grineer can easily try to rip off an orokin design of a weapon.

That being said- if it's their ORIGINAL design, such as the kohmak, the nukor, etc etc- it CANNOT be primed by lore. Therefore MOST if not ALL other grineer/corpus weapons cannot be primed.

As for INFESTED weapons- actual infested weapons cannot be primed because they infested biological creations made by the infested completely. MUTALIST weapons are existing weapons that have been transformed- and therefore can have a prime- but if you look at EG lesion it's clearly an infested tipedo, and we wouldn't get a Lesion prime, we'd get a Tipedo Prime. So really even if any "infested" type weapons got primed- they wouldn't act like infested weapons and there would be no point. Being infested is what gives them the stats and behaviors they have.

4 minutes ago, Master-Ouroboros said:

Not sure about that, I always thought the Braton / Lato were Tenno weapons. Maybe they were originally intended to be Corpus weapons, much like the Snipetron, but that didn't fit into the lore DE wanted to push, so they changed them to Tenno weapons? Remember Snipetron was originally removed from the game and the reason stated was because it didn't fit into the lore, because it wasn't an energy weapon despite being a Corpus weapon. It was also replaced by Lanka.

Lato is Tenno. Braton is corpus. Go look at the Braton, it has corpus markings on it. The lore says it's a corpus ripoff of orokin tech too.

Just now, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Which is my point exactly.

Is it so impossible to believe something like say...the prova...could be a rip-off of something originally orokin?

We don't know for sure.

The Original Prova would be a Lightsaber....

54910689.jpg

16 minutes ago, Master-Ouroboros said:

Wow, approximately 30 seconds in and instant negativity. This must be record.

Well, that already happens. For example when we get prisma, wraith, vandal, or even primed weapons. Or primed Warframes / Sentinels. Whatever things you put all that hard work into are rendered obsolete therefore your hard work is also rendered pointless. 

Well, that's essentially what happens in every game over time. Things get buffed, things get nerfed, new things come out that dwarf the old things.

Hell, it's what happens in life too. Things become obsolete over time, new discoveries are made, new technologies. Hard work is rendered obsolete by these discoveries and by the new opportunities presented to us. It's just what happens.

Literally none of this is any reason to lower the quality of the game's universe and make everything a prime.

"Some things make you start over" does not mean "everything should make you start over". And stop comparing it to real life, that's ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

Umm, yes? Why wouldn't they? Both factions were active for hundreds of years and you're trying to suggest that they haven't developed on their own during that time at all. It just makes no sense.

As far as I know the Grineer hate the Orokin because they enslaved them. I don't think they would use Orokin tech at all.

Torid is an infested Ogris. A Grineer weapon.

The reason why infestation was used only with warframes was because apparently only the Tenno were able to control it. Everything else backfired.

Also, wasn't it Alad V who started experimenting with infested weaponry?

Yes, that's because the Tenno were given those weapons by the Orokin specifically to fight the Sentients. It makes sense with them.

Unique weapons and equipment is what makes all the factions interesting. If you just say 'hey, it Orokin tech', you take a lot from them.

I never said they haven't developed on their own? Nor have I said anything that even implies that. Obviously they've made great technological strides and drifted more towards their personal preference as a civilisation, making discoveries of their own, in relation to whatever resonates with them personally. But a massive part of that will have derived from back-engineering Orokin tech, and also utilising the knowledge they held from before the collapse of the Empire. So yes, they developed on their own, but they did so with the knowledge they held before the collapse.

You don't think they would use Orokin tech at all? Why do they use void keys and scour Orokin towers in the void then? 

primes are orokin tech , corpus and grineer arent advance as much as orokin used to be ( warframe orokin lore 101 ) , infested are parasitic disease , I failed to understand how priming non-tenno weapons isint lore braking .

inb4 tonkor prime

Spoiler

Just keep the prime to its origin faction, the Orokin. Else, you would want to take the universal diversity out of the game. I would be interested in Sentient weps but that is another topic.

Edited by CyrosGenax
visual changes

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

The Corpus and Grineerr reverse engineered Orokin tech to make their own.

Sure, they can make cheap copies. Just like today, we can make a Great Pyramid if we wanted. Would it be the same as the Great Pyramid in Giza? No. That one wasn't built to proper building codes.

Grineer weapons? Why would GRINEER of all people want to EMULATE the ones who enslaved them?

Corpus weapons? Maybe. I can see them wanting to emulate the Orokin. CAN they? Doubtful. Kind of like asking a flint-napper if he can build an AK-47 from scratch. Even if he has the materials and parts to do it, does he have the knowledge?

Infested weapons? You gotta be kidding...

Sentient weapons? NOT A CHANCE IN HELL.

You want reskins. I get it. But it doesn't make sense from a lore or game standpoint.

Edited by Kalenath

4 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

sigh... just gonna try to put this simply.

Grineer and corpus weapons CAN be primed. Proof- Braton prime, braton is a corpus weapon. Reason- the corpus and grineer can easily try to rip off an orokin design of a weapon.

That being said- if it's their ORIGINAL design, such as the kohmak, the nukor, etc etc- it CANNOT be primed by lore. Therefore MOST if not ALL other grineer/corpus weapons cannot be primed.

As for INFESTED weapons- actual infested weapons cannot be primed because they infested biological creations made by the infested completely. MUTALIST weapons are existing weapons that have been transformed- and therefore can have a prime- but if you look at EG lesion it's clearly an infested tipedo, and we wouldn't get a Lesion prime, we'd get a Tipedo Prime. So really even if any "infested" type weapons got primed- they wouldn't act like infested weapons and there would be no point. Being infested is what gives them the stats and behaviors they have.

Original weapons can still in theory have Orokin counterparts because a massive part of their development will have been based off of things derived from Orokin tech. They might not have primed versions, like Kohmak or Nukor prime, but they CAN have original orokin weapons that are extremely similar, that they are based on or at the very least, are a rough descendent of.

I don't think you've actually read past the title. Read the post. I've stated in my actual post that even if things can't be primed because they're original, that they can still have counteparts of different names, that they're at the very least, loosely based upon.

As for infested weapons. I highly doubt that all the while the Orokin were experimenting with technocyte, while they had many successful experiments with Warframes, they had absolutely ZERO with technocyte / infested orokin weaponry that at least implemented SOME biotech / nanotech capabilities into weaponry, giving that weaponry at the very least, subtle "infested" capabilities.

9 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

Lato is Tenno. Braton is corpus. Go look at the Braton, it has corpus markings on it. The lore says it's a corpus ripoff of orokin tech too.

Yeah that's weird man, 'cause I remember DE stating they were removing Snipetron and replacing it with Lanka because the fact it was a projectile weapon didn't fit in with lore.

8 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Literally none of this is any reason to lower the quality of the game's universe and make everything a prime.

"Some things make you start over" does not mean "everything should make you start over". And stop comparing it to real life, that's ridiculous.

You really think upgrading / sidegrading / creating families of weapons over time that are similar to each other but with noticable differences lowers the quality of this game? Wow.

9 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

primes are orokin tech , corpus and grineer arent advance as much as orokin used to be ( warframe orokin lore 101 ) , infested are parasitic disease , I failed to understand how priming non-tenno weapons isint lore braking .

Then maybe you should read my actual post instead of just reading the title.

4 minutes ago, Master-Ouroboros said:

You don't think they would use Orokin tech at all? Why do they use void keys and scour Orokin towers in the void then? 

The Grineer? Unlikely, maybe apart from very few, like Vor. The Corpus are known to look for Orokin tech. I imagine they raid vaults for the same reason we do. For the loot. In the case of the Grineer it might also be to find a cure to their genetic disease.

There are cases of ripping technology off, like the Braton, but I wouldn't go too far with that. My point still stands - don't prime what shouldn't be primed.