Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE needs to ban scammers

(PSN)KillDaWabbit12

I just had someone tell me that I could use their 50% off coupon for the price of a gifted item and after I gave them 25 plat for the item, they ignored me and I didn't receive the item. Kinda new to trading but not the game, master rank 9. DE needs to protect new players and ban scammers...Probably won't happen though, it's "the person who got scammed's fault" after all. I was really enjoying this game but now am pretty discouraged.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KillDaWabbit12 said:

Being new to something is being stupid?

At the very least you were being incredibly naive and ignorant of the situation at hand. Before you start trading currency that is only injected into the game via real world money, you should do some research and ask questions.

1 minute ago, (PS4)KillDaWabbit12 said:

Being new to something is being stupid?

Trusting a person you don't know over the internet is. Sorry for calling you stupid, that was uncalled for. Just know this; There are alot of people who want to mess up your day in Warframe trading. Be absolutely sure before you accept a trade. You did not get scammed, you simply messed up :) 

That's kinda your fault and not really the scammers fault. Trusting someone who you don't even know then blaming them for YOUR own fault.

Scamming in Warframe is 100% avoidable. Sorry, but there's no reason for DE to ban someone just because you fell for something like that. It's not just in Warframe either, scamming is avoidable from anywhere.

Edited by KJRenz

Just now, (PS4)KillDaWabbit12 said:

Sorry that I posted anything. Guess I'm just the most ignorant person playing this game. Suppose it's time to grow up and stop playing video games all together.

Shoving words down of what people never said is not a good idea either

3 minutes ago, (PS4)KillDaWabbit12 said:

Sorry that I posted anything. Guess I'm just the most ignorant person playing this game. Suppose it's time to grow up and stop playing video games all together.

Well, I mean, this response that you've posted doesn't help your case. If your first response to not receiving the exact feedback you wanted is to flip the board and go home then, yes, you are ignorant.

I'm sorry you got played but don't let this discourage you. Rather, let it be a lesson: Trust no one. 

My policy is: if there's something I really want in the market, I'll just wait until I get the discount coupon myself. There is never a rush for anything when it comes to things in the market. They'll be there for a very very long time.

33 minutes ago, Socks said:

I'm not sure how you could fall for that honestly. Coupons are only used for buying plat and nothing else.

the op's on ps4 we get a discount for the market rather than buying plat since sony doesn't allow store discounts outside their own.

while unfortunate it does say in trade chat maybe DE should post something warning console tenno not to trust these people as i have seen this way too often lately in the ps4 region and trade chat.

You see the best in people. Nothing wrong with that m8. In fact i admire that. Too bad you just met an ahole. I wouldn't say it's your own fault, that's a bit harsh, but yeah, never to old to learn ☺

34 minutes ago, (PS4)KillDaWabbit12 said:

I just had someone tell me that I could use their 50% off coupon for the price of a gifted item and after I gave them 25 plat for the item, they ignored me and I didn't receive the item. Kinda new to trading but not the game, master rank 9. DE needs to protect new players and ban scammers...Probably won't happen though, it's "the person who got scammed's fault" after all. I was really enjoying this game but now am pretty discouraged.

Welcome to the world, a lovely place full of @$$hats willing and eager to take advantage of the weak and/or foolish. Please enjoy your life long stay.

Edit: On a more constructive note, they better add a kick function before they start doing anything to scammers. Scammers you're safe from with a bit of common sense, trolls you must take a lose/fail/quit to avoid if they join your game. Ofcourse you can always solo/party with friends only cause everyone has clanmates/fruends/solo capable gears to play with, right?

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe

14 minutes ago, (PS4)KillDaWabbit12 said:

I'm sorry for how others have replied. You took a risk in trusting someone you didn't know, and they betrayed your trust - in that, it is true that it's a bit of your own fault... However, that doesn't make the scammers actions any more justified. Based on what you've told us, you were obviously scammed. Contact the support with this, and hope they help - It's quite possible that they won't, though, because they're likely to have "more pressing" issues than to resolve an argument of who promised what, and the trade already informs you that no promises etc can be enforced.

I'm sorry for you, but at least it was "just" 25 plats, and not more.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)KillDaWabbit12 said:

That's an excellent idea. Don't get sucked into playing video games, they're a waste of time. Go workout instead, spend time doing charity work, study to be an electrician. Man what a beautiful society we'd be in if everyone got off the internet and just went for a walk instead.

3 minutes ago, MechaTails said:

That's an excellent idea. Don't get sucked into playing video games, they're a waste of time. Go workout instead, spend time doing charity work, study to be an electrician. Man what a beautiful society we'd be in if everyone got off the internet and just went for a walk instead.

Sure, but it would be pretty boring^^