The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

I see people mentioned this already, but I'm not keen about time delay between casting and activating Speed.  If I want to run, I want to run immediately, not waiting a second or two for it to kick in.  I don't remember the old Speed's pause being so noticeable.

1 minute ago, Venom-Snake said:

But still... not a "Potent alternative to gunplay", Volt makes the gunplay better, not an alternative.

Yeah, that "Potent alternative to gunplay" really needs to be changed or gotten rid of.  That description doesn't fit Volt for a very, very long time (waaaaay before my time), and it only confuses and annoys players old and new.  I pity new players who pick him because they think he's a damage caster and find out that he's more support/crowd control frame.  Not that there's anything wrong with support/crowd control because I'm all about that, but that line gives the wrong impression of what Volt does.

Just now, xiaodenden said:

I see people mentioned this already, but I'm not keen about time delay between casting and activating Speed.  If I want to run, I want to run immediately, not waiting a second or two for it to kick in.  I don't remember the old Speed's pause being so noticeable.

Yeah, that "Potent alternative to gunplay" really needs to be changed or gotten rid of.  That description doesn't fit Volt for a very, very long time (waaaaay before my time), and it only confuses and annoys players old and new.  I pity new players who pick him because they think he's a damage caster and find out that he's more support/crowd control frame.  Not that there's anything wrong with support/crowd control because I'm all about that, but that line gives the wrong impression of what Volt does.

To be fair, the reason you notice it more is because it used to just not let you cast for a half a second or so, but then kicked in immediately. Now it lets you cast immediately, but has a delay before kicking in.

4 minutes ago, YagoXiten said:

To be fair, the reason you notice it more is because it used to just not let you cast for a half a second or so, but then kicked in immediately. Now it lets you cast immediately, but has a delay before kicking in.

You're probably right, but I feel like the FoV change in the old Speed made the pause seeming more natural.  The current Speed with minimal FoV change makes the time delay more noticeable and less fluid.  Well, that's my impression of it anyway.  Still, I rather have zero or little delay before casting and activating Speed, but I don't know if the programming allows it.

Speed shouldn't have a pickup, since it means you have to divert from whatever you were doing to get it. To make it viable for team play - revert to original proximity buff, make pickups spawn close to allies rather than the caster, or make it cancel by bringing up a pause menu (since no one will be doing that on purpose while in combat).  

Shield pickup - As many have said, way too much punishment to make it usable. Energy drain and mobility debuff being the worst offenders there. 

4 shield limit and all shields go away if you die - Frost has no such limitation, so why Volt? at least make them stay upon death. 

Overload (the other name doesnt lend to good mental images) - should be able to be cast midair, Volt is not a tank and is not meant to stand in the middle of a mob while casting.

Passive - if its already capped why cant you apply that to parkour movement as well? 

A good rework shouldn't need a rework....

21 minutes ago, Shadowyazoo said:

Speed shouldn't have a pickup, since it means you have to divert from whatever you were doing to get it. To make it viable for team play - revert to original proximity buff, make pickups spawn close to allies rather than the caster, or make it cancel by bringing up a pause menu (since no one will be doing that on purpose while in combat).  

Shield pickup - As many have said, way too much punishment to make it usable. Energy drain and mobility debuff being the worst offenders there. 

4 shield limit and all shields go away if you die - Frost has no such limitation, so why Volt? at least make them stay upon death. 

Overload (the other name doesnt lend to good mental images) - should be able to be cast midair, Volt is not a tank and is not meant to stand in the middle of a mob while casting.

Passive - if its already capped why cant you apply that to parkour movement as well? 

A good rework shouldn't need a rework....

frost does have that limitation of 4 globes which is fine cause interception and 360 protection.

volt on the other hand has to cast at least 5-6 shields in order to defend a spot. so realistically, the cap should be 24. and then again while it is immune to rockets, it isn't immune to  flamethrowers and other fire based attacks enemies have which deal an absurd amount of dmg and kills you faster than a bombard ever could.

in other words, fire in Warframe screws with physics;

#Nerf-screwed-up-physics 

how to fix this? make flames ricochet off shield (lol) since Es is technically a plasma window.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_window.

Edited by Aquasurge

20 hours ago, Lijka said:

There were also few other topics on this, including one where someone posted a screenshot with ludicrous damage done by "new" Saryn's spores. Got a tip for you: look past press four to win and press one and trigger of an ignis to win harder than old Saryn ever could.

TL;DR version:

1) DoT is not as effective as burst damage in most content, or many weapons can render the very concept of a DoT Warframe useless. 

2) My main point is that D-E are distributing "synergy" changes to weaker frames, but in NOT doing so to the widely-accepted more powerful frames, it feels like there's a quiet acknowledgment that they are aware of and ignoring the discrepancy in power between frames in the same category. The Nova > all other Nukers (including Saryn, Mag, and Volt) is paramount to this opinion.

3) Warframe changes do not appear to be taking raid content into consideration, and as this is the highest non-scaling-over-time content, it is considered the apex of the end-game. Yet, there's only a handful of frames you would ever take for this content and none of those preferred frames have experienced the recent "reworks". These changes do nothing for weaker warframes as this does not improve their stance as a competitive alternative under such conditions as long as these changes are not affecting the stronger tiered warframes in their same team role category.

---

Long Version:

DoTs? That's hardly justifiable comparisons of output. Every second an enemy isn't stunned or dead after a certain level, you risk instant death. Burst damage will always be better under all but the most controlled scenarios in the game proper. This is especially true with Raid content, and because if it exists in the game and isn't scaling content, it is still considered active content where every available tool is put under a microscope. I argue that frames like Volt, Mag, and Saryn (all Nuker types) compared to frames like Nova are inferior options under the conditions presented. If ever we see the other high/god rank frames get hit with a nerf bat, I will withdraw my debate. Until then, I feel like these balance changes aren't being done for the sake of proper balance.

I would also like to hear your answer to my question regarding tiers (namely, the example of whether you would you ever pick a Volt or Saryn over a Nova for raid content.)

To elaborate further on my primary topic: Saryn's damage is also DoT, which makes it effectively useless past level 50 without external protection, and any damage it can offer is easily overpowered by either weapons or other frames with proper damage multipliers. Volt now falls into this same "nuker" category, except it still offers the benefit of its speed buff (albeit it now requires active behavior from the team to activate.)

My point ultimately stands - none of these balance changes seem to even consider raid content, so there's a huge discrepancy in effectiveness. Frames that are pure DPS like Saryn without any utilities or multipliers are functionally useless when there are better frames/weapons already available to fill those same niches.  I have yet to find anyone who can argue about bringing anything besides Nova, Mirage, Frost, Trinity, and Loki.

Edited by Exodess
Less aggressive wording. :)

3 hours ago, Aquasurge said:

this is just some testing of my volt build. keep in mind that i was playing a proxy alert with 2 valkyrs and frost with 2 tonkors and a dread. enemies were at lvl 10-15. To be fair, i even had an end game staticor build with me too.

Sir, here's my suggestion! Funny thing is, I never changed a single Mod... I use Volt the same way for a long time, and have been complaining about scalability for a shorter time, but still, here's my 2 cents on how to build him:

XZ3jMOx.jpg

2 hours ago, LunarEdge7 said:

I kinda miss bullet jumping all the way up to the air, then using 4 like Delsin and his Orbital Drop in Infamous: Second Son :<

And yeah Electric Shield's energy drain per step just makes me not want to use it. The range of what the mobile shield protects is so little, even, why give it even more energy drain than it needs?

I was more used to the Speed FoV change, but a lot of people seem to dislike it for some reason..

I was so wrong when I thought I'd like everything about his new change. e.e

I like Discharge with its augment though, and the fact that I can rely on it more when I want to revive teammates after stunning the enemies.

Just did more testing in the Simulacrum.. not everyone gets Tesla Coil'd :<

I loved the FoV pre-rework. If you check the video above you'll see I get lost several times, as camera is too close. A better FoV is a must for Speed.

I disliked it as well sir. I may have been too wishful, and I'm usually open to testing, but what they did was a catastrophe, at least from my perspective.

Edited by Toramaru

I'm going to have to side with DE on this and say they did a phenomenal job with the Volt rework. With that being said:

1. Implying that "DE doesn't play Volt" because you don't agree with the changes is, quite frankly, a little insulting. To imply that a developer doesn't play their own game when making such large changes is pretty low, and also pretty baseless.

2. Yes, the "potent alternative to gunplay" thing is seriously old and should get removed. Most of the criticism I'm seeing about the rework are in regards to this same line, because he doesn't do tons of damage. Anyone who has messed with Volt for any reasonable amount of time already knows that he's never done tons of damage with his abilities, and that it's just not who he is.

In regards to the rework itself:

Shock - Ability itself had no changes, but instead received interactions with other abilities. Not much to comment on here.

Speed - Players can finally "opt in" to Speed if they want, which I know is a change many players have been wanting. The FOV reduction is also nice, as is the addition of reload speed. Definitely opens up Volt's build options a bit, depending on how players want to play.

Electric Shield - The new model on Electric Shield does wonders for addressing the old issue of visibility when shooting through the shield, and maybe I'm crazy, but it also seems like it increased in size a bit (or at the very least, seems to wrap around a bit more). The cost to move the Shield, while heavy, is definitely warranted. Something has to balance out being able to just always run around with your own personal shield which is also invulnerable to all damage. Being able to use Shock on Electric Shield to electrify it is a neat interaction, but I was honestly expecting it to cause shock procs on enemies who walked through it, stunning them as a result. Instead, it just does fairly mild shock damage. Probably my only gripe with the rework.

Discharge - By far my favorite change. The old Overload was never stellar, lacking both damage and effective CC, and Discharge seems to improve both by a great deal. Discharge itself will probably be most notable for the hard stun (especially on high duration builds), with the damage often still remaining fairly low unless there's a great deal of affected enemies to AOE off each other. The biggest boon, however, has been what Discharge does with Capacitance, an augment that formerly had very little relevance in the game given how little it actually gave in return. Post-rework, Capacitance now turns Volt into a walking shield battery, meaning overshields are never in short supply. It's definitely nice to see it in a good spot.

8 minutes ago, Toramaru said:

Sir, here's my suggestion! Funny thing is, I never changed a single Mod... I use Volt the same way for a long time, and have been complaining about scalability for a shorter time, but still, here's my 2 cents on how to build him:

XZ3jMOx.jpg

I loved the FoV. If you check the video above you'll see I get lost several times, as camera is too close. A better FoV is a must for Speed.

I disliked it as well sir. I may have been too wishful, and I'm usually open to testing, but what they did was a catastrophe, at least from my perspective.

speed builds are a bit of a gimmick but still very good, but if you build for discharge....... it makes everything else bad because DE has made us care about his new ult. particularly ES and speed, his abilities which help him survive hard content you kind gentleman.............

Edited by Aquasurge
phrase the lightning!

1 minute ago, Aquasurge said:

speed is still good, but if a build for discharge makes everything else bad because DE made us care about his ult.

True. But I'm used to not building for discharge and forgetting ES as well. No scalability issue address is what makes me perplex.

Even if Discharge was one hell of a skill, aka Bladestorm, why would we want to press 4 to win? People keep saying to forget the "potent alternative to gunplay", but that is the sole reason I chose Volt when I started and the sole reason I keep believing he will be brought back. I don't want press 4 to win, but I'm kinda sick of pressing 2, holding W and pressing E (melee) like there's no tomorrow. You can even hear my keys on the video.... Specially when you get to end game and it does s**t. It gets kinda boring.

12 minutes ago, Toramaru said:

True. But I'm used to not building for discharge and forgetting ES as well. No scalability issue address is what makes me perplex.

Even if Discharge was one hell of a skill, aka Bladestorm, why would we want to press 4 to win? People keep saying to forget the "potent alternative to gunplay", but that is the sole reason I chose Volt when I started and the sole reason I keep believing he will be brought back. I don't want press 4 to win, but I'm kinda sick of pressing 2, holding W and pressing E (melee) like there's no tomorrow. You can even hear my keys on the video.... Specially when you get to end game and it does s**t. It gets kinda boring.

yep same here. but that kind of would Nerf the caster aspect of him (controversially, i would like lower energy costs on his all of abilities to match the caster aspect of him, would make modding heaps easier). i don't want volt to be press 4 2 win either but i would like to be able to either do everything possible with volt easier or making 1 or 2 abilities strong with modding but the rest in a kind of ok place if you decide to dump a stat for discharge.

Edited by Aquasurge

4 minutes ago, Aquasurge said:

yep same here. but that kind of would Nerf the caster aspect of him. i don't want volt to be press 4 2 win either but i would like to be able to do everything possible with volt easier as well as making 1 or abilities strong with modding but the rest in a kind of ok place.

I believe Hydroid is the to go Frame if you wanna play Caster. I mean, Speed has so much potential for me to build Volt strictly for Casting. Nothing against it though.

About modding, you may always have to give up on something, hehe. No work around it. I do agree that getting better specs for his skillset is currently unnatural and counter intuitive.

4 minutes ago, Toramaru said:

About modding, you may always have to give up on something, hehe. No work around it. I do agree that getting better specs for his skillset is currently unnatural and counter intuitive.

true, the specs are the real problem here.

Edited by Aquasurge

10 minutes ago, Vargras said:

I'm going to have to side with DE on this and say they did a phenomenal job with the Volt rework. With that being said:

Electric Shield - The new model on Electric Shield does wonders for addressing the old issue of visibility when shooting through the shield, and maybe I'm crazy, but it also seems like it increased in size a bit (or at the very least, seems to wrap around a bit more). The cost to move the Shield, while heavy, is definitely warranted. Something has to balance out being able to just always run around with your own personal shield which is also invulnerable to all damage. Being able to use Shock on Electric Shield to electrify it is a neat interaction, but I was honestly expecting it to cause shock procs on enemies who walked through it, stunning them as a result. Instead, it just does fairly mild shock damage. Probably my only gripe with the rework.

After spending a few hours running numbers, I still have to say that that Volt's Riot Electric Shield energy cost formula is rather absurd.Whilst it technically follows the same exponential curve that all efficiency does on the per meter, and the standard used for Channeled abilities on the per second, the fact that Energy gains are flat and NOT exponential, and that the cost is high, exaggerating the exponential curve of efficiency, and that there is an additional variable of meters moved, and that you have to worry about there being two ways Efficiency affects the cost, plus the Duration requirement, means that you cannot pick up the shield without a lot of Efficiency AND a lot of Duration, and that it's still impossible to tell exactly how much Energy you're going to burn through after all that. The build which you really need the Riot Shield for, the melee build, requires Strength, which destroys either Efficiency or Duration or both, and/or Duration, which destroys range, makes both the Riot Shield and Capacitance out of the question for melee defense.

Furthermore, Electric Shield having NO cost to pick up would STILL not be overpowered, when Shatter Shield which costs only 25 Energy more, has the same duration, and can be easily modded around to provide 95% damage reduction, on top of redirecting ALL projectiles--not just ones from the front. And that's not even looking at Ironskin, Warding Halo, Defy, Hysteria, Shield of Shadows, etc. Melee builds don't benefit from shooting through the shield, either. So it's strictly defensive.  And it's not even a feature ranged builds tend to use much, because they can always place a new shield down and shoot, and they have the luxury of being able to wait and kill threats until it is safe to leave their original shield, and they don't care about Strength all that much, or, if they do, they can forgo Efficiency just fine because they don't need the Riot Shield feature, and it is what is hit the hardest.

This is the core problem with this rework. The new features are great, but they're literally unusable for the builds that needed them most without an EV Trinity, maxed Zenurik regeneration, and/or a pizzaria.

6 minutes ago, YagoXiten said:

After spending a few hours running numbers, I still have to say that that Volt's Riot Electric Shield energy cost formula is rather absurd.Whilst it technically follows the same exponential curve that all efficiency does on the per meter, and the standard used for Channeled abilities on the per second, the fact that Energy gains are flat and NOT exponential, and that the cost is high, exaggerating the exponential curve of efficiency, and that there is an additional variable of meters moved, and that you have to worry about there being two ways Efficiency affects the cost, plus the Duration requirement, means that you cannot pick up the shield without a lot of Efficiency AND a lot of Duration, and that it's still impossible to tell exactly how much Energy you're going to burn through after all that. The build which you really need the Riot Shield for, the melee build, requires Strength, which destroys either Efficiency or Duration or both, and/or Duration, which destroys range, makes both the Riot Shield and Capacitance out of the question for melee defense.

Furthermore, Electric Shield having NO cost to pick up would STILL not be overpowered, when Shatter Shield which costs only 25 Energy more, has the same duration, and can be easily modded around to provide 95% damage reduction, on top of redirecting ALL projectiles--not just ones from the front. And that's not even looking at Ironskin, Warding Halo, Defy, Hysteria, Shield of Shadows, etc. Melee builds don't benefit from shooting through the shield, either. So it's strictly defensive.  And it's not even a feature ranged builds tend to use much, because they can always place a new shield down and shoot, and they have the luxury of being able to wait and kill threats until it is safe to leave their original shield, and they don't care about Strength all that much, or, if they do, they can forgo Efficiency just fine because they don't need the Riot Shield feature, and it is what is hit the hardest.

This is the core problem with this rework. The new features are great, but they're literally unusable for the builds that needed them most without an EV Trinity, maxed Zenurik regeneration, and/or a pizzaria.

this pretty much sums up everything major that isn't QoL

4 minutes ago, Aquasurge said:

this pretty much sums up everything major that isn't QoL

I also forgot to mention that the variable of Distance Moved is especially punishing for melee, who has to move a lot more to select targets, and that the self-slow inflicted when you pick it up counteracts Speed, which is Volt's signature ability and always has been. It isn't like on Ivara, who can choose to use Cloak or Sleep arrow to toggle off Prowl before moving. You literally cannot account for how much you have to move. I'm fine with the Energy cost per second, but the self-slow and the drain on distance moved needs to get the boot. If they were worried about Volt leading the pack and being a hallway hero with the Riot Electric Shield, then the changes to make Speed awkward for allies to acquire to keep up seem out of place, as well. I know that they changed Speed because many players did not want the buff, and not for that reason, but it still exacerbates that effect.

My solution/s for volt and him being an alternate to gun play

-----------------------------

Hey there,

With the new update, volt has had some buffs and some things which need tweaking

First and foremost, it seems DE wish to make volt THE alternate to gun play as Rebecca said on the dev forum a day or two back prior to update drop

At this current point, guns may compliment volt's abilites but he is no where near what they have advertised him to be the last 3 years

Give his 1 an alternate ability like that of Ivara and Vauban - let there be shock and electrocute

Shock stays normal

Electrocute is now an amprex out of your hands using primary fire, alt click charges up for massive damage

For the same cost as shock - let volt go UNLIMITED POWER ad infinitum, no timer, no drain - with some decent scaling with mods

Such would adress him being a caster-esque frame

Overload/discharge needs a slight buff

Once enemies are made into coils - their shock range is only 4 metres - very useful on small tilesets but as the sets get bigger, the arching becomes less useful

Boost it to at least 7-10 to allow for greater arching range

Final point on shock damage

Shock damage is one of the weakest elements - therefore, sided with the caster style DE wish for volt to be - he needs a way to buff it akin to what ember does with acceleratant 

My solution;

Upon an enemy/ies gaining a shock proc, any incoming shock damage is doubled - this can happen exponentially

Both the duration and the aoe proc itself size is double giving the chance to shock proc surrounding foes

Upon receiving a proc - % hp damage is dealt 

Such will both allow for scaling to mid game for cc and dps

1 can now interact with 4 more often due to proccing shock procs allowing for greater damage as a 'caster frame' and actually playing one at that 

Thank you for reading,

-Phyrak

Overall I love the new gameplay and synergy as volt, but I do have some critique.

"Riot shield" volt is SUPER energy hungry, even when modded for it. Energy per second makes sense, as does energy per distance. Both? Not so much. Add the duration on top of that and it makes something that's a lot of fun more costly than it is rewarding. Like I said with the ember rework for world on fire: channeled or duration, not both. 

Discharge is an excellent ability that makes you feel powerful, and is fitting. Many have complained about it only being castable from the ground, which at first I disliked as well. Given more thought though, it makes sense. It would be significantly more difficult to emit waves of electricity across a surface without being in close proximity or in contact with it. No more flying volt ults, which makes sense. My one complaint is its range. More specifically, the short range of the tesla coiled enemies. The ability range of 20 feels small, but is effective and has worked. Adding a range mod or two makes it feel much better for an AoE style "nuke". Coils on the other hand, with such low base range, feel weak. The 5 m range isn't much, and seldom are more than three enemies in such close proximity that it would be very effective. While I can agree that making the base range of the coils 10 would be ridiculous, 5 is underwhelming. Maybe a happy medium of 7.5 would fit better? 

PS, love the new passive, and how well it works with not only melee, but ranged volt uses as well. The speed synergy is real. 

I've been reading this thread, seeing comments about Discharge's damage being crap, and then I did some math, and I think the damage cap on Discharge should just be removed and have the effect persist until Discharge's duration runs out. The thing is, Discharge can dish out FAR, FAR more damage than the damage cap allows it to. I also think that when a enemy that was turned into a tesla coil should shock another enemy AND ITSELF simultaneously, so you don't have to wait the 4 seconds for the enemy to shock itself. Other than that, I think the rework was good.

Edit: And I forgot. The riot shield drains WAY too much energy to be worth it. Suggestions:

1. Pause the duration while the shield is being held.

2. Don't force secondaries while holding the shield.

3. Increase the drain based on movement, especially when his passive encourages it.

Edited by ElectronX_Core

Really disappointing that "alternative to gun-play" wasn't removed from his description and was mentioned in conjugation with this rework. Seriously, Volt has never been an alternative. He wasn't in Beta and he most assuredly isn't now. Hasn't been true for 3 years.

Volt has slowly become a truly tactical Warframe. He supports Gun-play, Melee, and now with Discharge Map Control. His power damage for both to Shock and Overload (now Discharge) has been on the decline from the start. If it wasn't a direct Nerf, then it was changes to enemy elemental resistances (damage 2.0), or the reduction in the number of tiles with exploding lights (basically any tile set that isn't Corpus ships). Power Damage Volt hasn't been a true thing since Overload got its first hard nerf smack years ago.

Volt kills with his weapons (guns and melee).

=====

In direct feedback on powers

Shock: Personally I find it in an okay state state for 25 energy CC power. It's fairly in-line with Frost's Freeze or Ember's Fireball. It would be nice if duration increased the time that Electricity Proc lasted. Shock is an okay place.

Speed: An absolute mistake turning this team power into a "drop". DE spent time and programming effort on the wrong "fix" to a problem that wasn't really a problem. DE needed to instead look at universal "opt out" system for any and all allied buffs. Both for Volt's Speed, Limbo's Rift, Loki's Switch Teleport, and any future Warframes

Outside of that the changes to speed, FoV reduction and giving a reload speed buff are good quality of life additions. And the reload speed also means that again, Volt is not an alternative to gun-play. CAN WE GET THAT ONE LINE OF COMPETENTLY WRONG DESCRIPTIVE TEXT REMOVED!

Shield: The visual rework was needed, that line in the middle of the shield was annoying to work around while trying to be a Sniper or Marksman Volt. The Riot shield is interesting, but I kinda feel the costs on it bit high. No primary, still has a duration, costly energy drain, slowed movement. Pick two. By preference No Primary and Energy Drain would be the correct choices IMO.

If the shield is going to drain energy in riot mode, then the shield shouldn't have a duration. After all the energy drain is the duration, which was the point of Toggle powers that drained energy instead of having cast cost and set time. It should be well with-in your programming abilities to keep the Shield as an Object with the Duration time variable on it, so that when it is put back down that counter on the shields "life" starts counting down again. That should be simple. Pick up shield, pause counter down timer. Put shield down, resume countdown timer.

While some people will object to No Primary, I actually agree with this choice. DO NOT give me a mobile Sniper or Shotgun buffing gun barrier. Because if you let me have a primary weapon that is what I will do. Getting the Crit Damage bonus (mainly this) and Electricity damage bonus on the go with either of those weapon types, and I know it will be too much.

Energy Drain + No Primary is how Riot Shield mode should work. No speed reduction, no duration timer on the shield.

Discharge: Sorry Overlaod, but your time was up and you really had to go. Overload hadn't been a satisfactory damage power from really about 2 years running now. And where it was excelling was basically only against some types of Corpus and really only the Corpus ship tileset. For the current pass Discharge as a primarily CC is nice. In the long run DE will need to keep an eye on its Damage output, which is currently on the low side.

The main problem I've found with Discharge as a damage source, is it only at its best when you can get a pack of tightly (4 meters or closer) bunched enemies who all turn into Tesla Coils near each other. The pathing and movement of the AI in generally actually tends to take them away from Tesla Coiled enemies fairly quickly. Which means you just end up with a handful of hard CCed enemies for the duration of Discharge. And even against Corpus, Electricity as a base damage isn't really all that great to begin with. Against other factions really isn't brilliant damage typing.

Currently Discharge is hard CC first, very light damage a distant second.

Edited by Brasten

24 minutes ago, ElectronX_Core said:

I've been reading this thread, seeing comments about Discharge's damage being crap, and then I did some math, and I think the damage cap on Discharge should just be removed and have the effect persist until Discharge's duration runs out. The thing is, Discharge can dish out FAR, FAR more damage than the damage cap allows it to. I also think that when a enemy that was turned into a tesla coil should shock another enemy AND ITSELF simultaneously, so you don't have to wait the 4 seconds for the enemy to shock itself. Other than that, I think the rework was good.

Edit: And I forgot. The riot shield drains WAY too much energy to be worth it. Suggestions:

1. Pause the duration while the shield is being held.

2. Don't force secondaries while holding the shield.

3. Increase the drain based on movement, especially when his passive encourages it.

You mean remove the drain based on movement, right?

Because you did say it was too expensive.

Furthermore, a drain based upon distance moved is very hard to evaluate from a player perspective. Especially if you are trying to tweak your build. It's hard to know exactly how far you're going to be moving in combat, between rooms, and to collect pickups. It's an unreliable measure and does not communicate important information that is needed to make decisions. The per second drain is much better and easier to measure.

2 hours ago, Toramaru said:

XZ3jMOx.jpg

I loved the FoV pre-rework. If you check the video above you'll see I get lost several times, as camera is too close. A better FoV is a must for Speed.

Can't agree more on FOV pre-rework is better, personally i max out the FOV in-game cause that gives me more sight on the land and the Warframe. Currently the FOV can't satisfy my need on the distant between the camera and the Warframe, that is one of the reason why i loved to play volt so much cause it would give me a greater view. 

What i am trying to say is there must be also wide-view loved player, a setting on choosing the ability FOV so player can choose a greater FOV on volt, while those motion sickness player can choose a reduced FOV(but personally i believed those player got sick from their too fast "look sensitivity" in setting), or elsewise just match player FOV to ability FOV. At lease gives player a chance to choose their style but not just reduce FOV it like that, this is one of the disappointment from this update.