The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

21 hours ago, (PS4)cooper_m22 said:

When this comes to the PS4 I guess my Volt goes back to being a solo frame. Because the people i run with hate's Volts speed. I liked the speed the way it was before the hotfix at least it's not on the ps4 yet. 

Which is strange because I still haven't had anyone complain to me in-game about going to fast. Is this a Console issue? Is there some bug that causes the Aim Sensitivity to increase while under the effect of Speed?

Most of the people I've seen complaining about this on the forums have been PS4  or Xbox tagged.

Edited by Brasten

18 minutes ago, Brasten said:

Which is strange because I still haven't had anyone complain to me in-game about going to fast. Is this a Console issue? Is there some bug that causes the Aim Sensitivity to increase while under the effect of Speed?

Most of the people I've seen complaining about this on the forums have been PS4  or Xbox tagged.

You've been having good company then, I had to deal with a fair amount of PC complainers on Speed being too fast.

3 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

You've been having good company then, I had to deal with a fair amount of PC complainers on Speed being too fast.

Which is odd because I play almost exclusively with Pick-up-Groups, so I play with a fairly large sample size.

5 minutes ago, Cara360 said:

I'm with Brasten. I never had anyone complain about the speed buff in game, yet the majority people on the forum do so. Weird no?

I have got it a few times "Can you not give me speed?" It is'nt frequent that you hear it, but none-the less it's odd? Is it really that big of a deal? Is it really??? 

2 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

I have got it a few times "Can you not give me speed?" It is'nt frequent that you hear it, but none-the less it's odd? Is it really that big of a deal? Is it really??? 

Yeah I never hear anyone saying anything about it. I probably did play with people who don't like it but either didn't tell me, I probably didn't read or they don't have enough time to text it out during a middle of a firefight. I don't see the big deal about it. Not yet at least.

1 hour ago, Cara360 said:

Yeah I never hear anyone saying anything about it. I probably did play with people who don't like it but either didn't tell me, I probably didn't read or they don't have enough time to text it out during a middle of a firefight. I don't see the big deal about it. Not yet at least.

i have only been rejected once by the anti-speed buff players as volt over the past year for just being there alone. plane and simple rejection. 

I still want speed to be an ability buff rather then just what is does now. Can I hear some opinions on allowing speed do more for abilites such as increasing damage output and or other things at the possible cost of a higher energy cost? 

Don't attack me

:angry: 

Edited by Wolfnrun

27 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

I still want speed to be an ability buff rather then just what is does now. Can I hear some opinions on allowing speed do more for abilites such as increasing damage output and or other things at the possible cost of a higher energy cost? 

Reveal hidden contents

Don't attack me

:angry: 

What do you mean? As in increasing the stats, increase animation speed, increase strength but also energy cost etc? I'm interested by this.

25 minutes ago, Cara360 said:

What do you mean? As in increasing the stats, increase animation speed, increase strength but also energy cost etc? I'm interested by this.

So the kit goes 25/25/50/100 an ability that costs 25 energy is not meant to cause signicant change to yourself or the battlefield, there are 2 abilites that cost 25 energy, which leaves for room to buff one of them to a possible 50 energy cost so that you can have more buffs to you'r stats

For example (Im just throwing this out there) Speed will now cost 50 energy but will  ALSO increase damage output, create a passive energy gain, cause electric explosions to enemies near you, extends duration of abilites, I'm sure you get the point. Speed is quick way of getting out of a tight situation...we already have ES for protection... Despite the mobile variant that isn't frequenlty used... I think speed needs to have more interactions with other abilties because being faster does not necessarily mean being better at anything 

Edited by Wolfnrun

59 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

So the kit goes 25/25/50/100 an ability that costs 25 energy is not meant to cause signicant change to yourself or the battlefield, there are 2 abilites that cost 25 energy, which leaves for room to buff one of them to a possible 50 energy cost so that you can have more buffs to you'r stats

For example (Im just throwing this out there) Speed will now cost 50 energy but will  ALSO increase damage output, create a passive energy gain, cause electric explosions to enemies near you, extends duration of abilites, I'm sure you get the point. Speed is quick way of getting out of a tight situation...we already have ES for protection... Despite the mobile variant that isn't frequenlty used... I think speed needs to have more interactions with other abilties because being faster does not necessarily mean being better at anything 

same here. if that were implemented, i would personally rename speed to energize.

Edited by Aquasurge

1 hour ago, Wolfnrun said:

being faster does not necessarily mean being better at anything

well, it increases melee dps by a considerable amount. (ah and + reload speed since update potentially boosting gun sustained dps, too, though i admit it's hardly noticeable)

19 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

Additonaly, increase shocks damage to 400 or 500 with a longer duration to be on par with embers fireball and frost freeze 

fireball and freeze don't cc whole mobs over such a wide area though. the gripe i do have with it is that it's sometimes just not working as intended: some enemy animations seem to cancel elec procing altogether. i wish this would get looked at.

30 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

well, it increases melee dps by a considerable amount. (ah and + reload speed since update potentially boosting gun sustained dps, too, though i admit it's hardly noticeable)

This is true, however not everyone likes to melee everything, and this does not benefit other abilitys. Reload speed buff? Whatever are you talking about? (That's how unoticable it is!) 

30 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

fireball and freeze don't cc whole mobs over such a wide area though. the gripe i do have with it is that it's sometimes just not working as intended: some enemy animations seem to cancel elec procing altogether. i wish this would get looked at.

Then lets fix it! All that I am doing is pushing for change in a much more positve light, I accept others critique only if it is worded in a positive manor. So, let us then allow these abilites to have some stronger CC and this includes shock! More chainlinks as well to grab a hold of more enemies! Thank you for responding and may the lightining bolt from the magnificent   "Glorious warrior from the past" come to light in the near future! Thanks for reading! and have a wonder day! :smile: 

Edited by Wolfnrun

PHEW at least that is one person I was able to make peace with, saying I have no experience and coming after me saying I can not provide feedback was rather rude, fortunatly I do my best to bring things into the light! I am going to bed guys, see you all tommorow! LETS GO VOLT!!!

Edited by Wolfnrun

15 hours ago, Brasten said:

I haven't seen in-game complaints, but on the forums those players just don't like being unable to navigate through tight corridors etc. Interesting, since you could just not sprint and you would get the same speed. But alas, if it's a positive change it's a step in the right direction. 

11 hours ago, Wolfnrun said:

I like the proposal, but you're going overboard here. Passive energy gain already removes the extra energy cost. Which leaves the suggestion as just a massive buff to the ability. Electric explosions is a bit too similar to the Shocking Speed augment. Damage output is already done by Electric Shield. Extending duration is somewhat alright, but I don't see how it would work with Speed itself having a duration. Hope it isn't equal to making it recast-able before duration ends.

Just a personal note, I'm open to change and all, but at a timing like this I don't think we want to give DE an excuse to nerf Speed, especially since your changes make it an actually useful buff for various content.

2 hours ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

I like the proposal, but you're going overboard here. Passive energy gain already removes the extra energy cost. Which leaves the suggestion as just a massive buff to the ability. Electric explosions is a bit too similar to the Shocking Speed augment. Damage output is already done by Electric Shield. Extending duration is somewhat alright, but I don't see how it would work with Speed itself having a duration. Hope it isn't equal to making it recast-able before duration ends.

Just a personal note, I'm open to change and all, but at a timing like this I don't think we want to give DE an excuse to nerf Speed, especially since your changes make it an actually useful buff for various content.

"(Im just throwing this out there)" Did you not read that part?  You misunderstood. I was throwing out examples so you would get the point  of what I am proposing.  What I am proposing is if others want a 50 energy cost buff. Also, the proposal is to buff other abilites similar to accelrant except in the form of elecriricty so it retains it's uniqunes and is not a copy of another ability :smile: Also the damage output done by electric shield is threw weapons not abilites 

Edited by Wolfnrun

3 minutes ago, Wolfnrun said:

"(Im just throwing this out there)" Did you not read that part? 

I did. It is a suggestion isn't it? Therefore it warrants criticism. I don't know why you bother throwing it out there if you don't want to listen to feedback o.0

27 minutes ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

I did. It is a suggestion isn't it? Therefore it warrants criticism. I don't know why you bother throwing it out there if you don't want to listen to feedback o.0

You replied to fast! :laugh: My proposal was if others wanted a 50 energy cost buff, from the looks of it, many do! those were just ideas for the 50 energy cost buff! It was not the examples that I propsed! However, thank you for you'r feedback on those examples, I think this "Energize" or electrify ability should increase the overall effectivness of abilites 

Edited by Wolfnrun

13 hours ago, Aquasurge said:

same here. if that were implemented, i would personally rename speed to energize.

This might be my 3rd post that gets stealth deleted but...

energizer-pink-bunny.jpg                                  

2 hours ago, Wolfnrun said:

"(Im just throwing this out there)" Did you not read that part?  You misunderstood. I was throwing out examples so you would get the point  of what I am proposing.  What I am proposing is if others want a 50 energy cost buff. Also, the proposal is to buff other abilites similar to accelrant except in the form of elecriricty so it retains it's uniqunes and is not a copy of another ability :smile: Also the damage output done by electric shield is threw weapons not abilites 

I'm personally against a 50 energy cost.  Energy drain is already a concern for Voltites.

The lower cost of his 1, 2 with repeated cast fits his kinetic nature.

I do think the "energize" concept has merit, but my "speed cast" passive suggestion would work better IMHO.

My idea, as stated before is to passively boost the rest of his kit by allowing for his other abilities to be cast while "on the run" with speed active for synergy and improved performance.  You'd still have to anticipate and time the cast while speed-running, but that would the beauty of his kit-the "strafe frame" experience...it would also differentiate his speed boost from other frames who use it.

Compare that to the somewhat compromised "stop-go-...no STOP....no, GO!!?" Phenomenon that his kit currently lends itself to at times.

If we are going with the "Lightning" theme...fluid, fast, dangerous and almost erratic, then I feel a kit modification like this falls more in line.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

5 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I'm personally against a 50 energy cost.  Energy drain is already a concern for Voltites.

The lower cost of his 1, 2 with repeated cast fits his kinetic nature.

I do think the "energize" concept has merit, but my "speed cast" passive suggestion would work better IMHO.

My idea, as stated before is to passively boost the rest of his kit by allowing for his other abilities to be cast while "on the run" with speed active for synergy and improved performance.  You'd still have to anticipate and time the cast while speed-running, but that would the beauty of his kit-the "strafe frame" experience...it would also differentiate his speed boost from other frames who use it.

Compare that to the somewhat compromised "stop-go-...no STOP....no, GO!!?" Phenomenon that his kit currently lends itself to at times.

If we are going with the "Lightning" theme...fluid, fast, dangerous and almost erratic, then I feel a kit modification like this falls more in line.

Fluid, fast, erratic... Did you see my suggestion of turning his passive into an energy regen instead of a single target electric burst?  My idea was as he travels along the ground, he builds up stacks, which slowly grant energy regen. Jumping, bullet jumping, etc. lose all stacks and he has to build up again to recover energy.
Obviously not a boost as big as energy siphon, at least until full stacks, but...

"Time to truly make Volt 'an alternative to gunplay' – Warframe Description, 2012. "

Not feeling it :sad: 

14 minutes ago, SylvenStar said:

Fluid, fast, erratic... Did you see my suggestion of turning his passive into an energy regen instead of a single target electric burst?  My idea was as he travels along the ground, he builds up stacks, which slowly grant energy regen. Jumping, bullet jumping, etc. lose all stacks and he has to build up again to recover energy.
Obviously not a boost as big as energy siphon, at least until full stacks, but...

Sounds pretty neat...