Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Rework Feedback [Post Update 18.13]

Satinpuppies

I use volt pretty frequently in anything that involves grineer simply because his discharge is a bit more reliable against armored targets and to me he's not in a TERRIBLE place as is honestly. The only real changes I would suggest for him would be

1. Remove the damage cap from discharge all together. If I mod for duration then don't penalize me because the enemies are taking more damage.

2. Allow shock to chain through enemies better, the way it used to. Also increase the synergy between this and discharge like what we originally saw in the devstream when it was introduced.

3. Speed should increase the speed of EVERYTHING. Casting, sprint, parkour, fire rate, and reload should all be increased.

4. His electric shield shouldn't have so many penalties for picking it up.

I think these changes would put volt in a great place 

On 20/08/2017 at 7:57 PM, Cytobel said:

*snip*

I concur. I definitely was leaning more to speed in that argument, and the additional effects of transistor shield (such as the passive recharge). People can easily screw you over if they're unsure of what they're doing, as is often the case with frames like Limbo. I'm not a massive fan of Capacitance, since it's for an ability that is hot garbage anyways, so for the moment I mod for maximum speed and try to avoid picking up the shield altogether.

Don't worry about disagreeing on points. It fuels the discussion and helps keep this thread relevant. Eventually DE will take notice again, and by that time we may have all collectively figured out the way to fix Volt.

I am just sitting here wanting that sweet attention to detail hydroid got on his water for volts electricity.

Everytime i hit a circuitry container, i am filled with both excitement and disgust. Thats the exact effect Volts synergy says it has on tesla coiled containers....its like reading the description for soul punch and seeimg titanias tribute in action, and realizing someone had the right idea, they just put it in the wrong place.

Visual effects on warframe abilities is my fashion frame.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we talk about the fact people are still complaining about speed, and calling it "spamming"?

I take offense to the very notion.

Not offended that people dont want speed, but an opt out in the form of a back flip for an ability that only gets up to 16 seconds with a primed continuity is probably the worst half baked idea anyone ever had in the history of video game development.

----a mechanic no one ever uses, its not fluid, it interrupts gameplay, and it doesnt solve the overall issue most people complain about which is that they have to receive speed at all.

Really, it really gets on that last nerve, because the people complaining act like its the volts fault for "spamming" speed. Seriously? Oh boy, take your favourit boy rhino and give him back the crap duration on roar why dont you? They both had 10 second durations at base, because some genius thought these were good limitations on abilities. If i want to use speed on my build for one minute, thats at bare minimun 4 casts, but im not going to wait for timer, because who has time to look at timers when you are running and gunning? After every reload, after every arbitrary movement, after every moment i feel like its been too long since i pressed speed, i press it. Oh excuse me if i have a crap duration on an ability that really doesnt get any better with mods (mind you titania has a buff that lasts 90 seconds and someone dared complain once to me ["ONCE"] that it was too short a buff).

...Its too short. 

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO

5 hours ago, (PS4)WINDMILEYNO said:

I take offense

I mean, I feel like people who are offended by that are the ones that aren't the problem, honestly.

The main issue I have is the players that actually do spam it just for funsies, and I know they exist, because I watched a 15 second timer on speed refresh every 2-4 seconds. THAT is absurd. If a player feels the need to have a 12 second buffer (I can understand that completely, there are plenty of abilities I'm like that with) I suggest they add in constitution, or even better, narrow minded, so fewer people get caught in it.

Alternatively, there are the people that read "please use speed away from me, I don't want it" and understand that to mean "stand on my head and cast speed as often as your energy allows"

• Like 1

Despite the fact that it is REALLY weird people are rejecting a buff, which imho is absurd, I believe It would be way better if it was a self ability, instead of a team buff.

That would mean 99% of the server is happy (anyone who doesn't play Volt), and the 1% (you can figure who those are....) would be able to stop "aggravating" people with BUFFS.

That could also help the balance of the skill, making it a 30 seconds buff, that now only affects Volt.

But since Volt just recently got his "rework", I don't thing we will be receiving changes in the near 3 years future.

3 hours ago, Toramaru said:

rejecting a buff,

Wall. Wall. Wall. Wall. Cliff! Wall. Wall.

3 hours ago, Toramaru said:

way better if it was a self ability, instead of a team buff.

Boom, done. Then people who don't want speed don't have to quarantine themselves, and people who complain about not having speed anymore have a solution, too. Play volt.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 5:43 AM, Eightwarlords said:

I mean, I feel like people who are offended by that are the ones that aren't the problem, honestly.

The main issue I have is the players that actually do spam it just for funsies, and I know they exist, because I watched a 15 second timer on speed refresh every 2-4 seconds. THAT is absurd. If a player feels the need to have a 12 second buffer (I can understand that completely, there are plenty of abilities I'm like that with) I suggest they add in constitution, or even better, narrow minded, so fewer people get caught in it.

Alternatively, there are the people that read "please use speed away from me, I don't want it" and understand that to mean "stand on my head and cast speed as often as your energy allows"

The problem with narrow minded is you wouldnt actually use that or anything that would reduce the range of discharge if you were wanting to also use that ability. Its why speed if it remains a team buff should use the flat 50 meter range trinity has and be opt in(not puff balls, that was also stupid) or simply a self buff.

There is no room for constitution in my build, primed continuity gives at least though few extra seconds.

Does anybody heard a joke about Volt and Arca Titron
"What's the tool that hits like a hammer and stuns like a lightning? Definitely NOT VOLT!"

Shocking news!

Spoiler

Arca weps are out, bois. With new Arca Titron as a Volt player, you don't need to press 4 anymore, hammer makes the job done....immediately....Now with x10 more damage. 

Edited by Cryone

If they insist going that way they'll face a S#&$storm much worse than the Vivier mess.

Zenurik passive should have been a trait common to all schools in first place, they trying to enforce an unwanted energy shortage on our frames will only result in serious backlash

Still I don't understand how their PR department works... they know that players won't apreciated being denied the only decent energy regen passive in the game, so why non tell what their concrete plans for it are? They can't because they've no idea of what to do?

I'm getting tired of bandaids over bandaids in this game, maibe they should stop and work on a serious and quite overdue overhaul

• Like 1

2 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

Shift like limbo. Tho I don't wanna lose the roll animation if possible.

Quoting this for truth:

30 minutes ago, GeometricBison said:

That'd be cool and all, but then Speed wouldn't scale with strength mods.

Furthermore, Speed is something powerful enough to merit occupying an ability slot, thanks to its melee swing speed boost (a direct DPS buff) and reload speed buff.

Also, I really like Volt's current passive with Transistor Shield. The damage meter fills near-instantly in high level missions, and it makes Euphona shots hit like a freight train full of slightly smaller freight trains. I'd rather not lose it in favor of an ability that Volt already has. 

Edited by Gurpgork

Volt is cool asthectically...looks good...nice fashion frame...but taking him to a high level mission is the equivalent of taking a nice looking sports car out on a nascar race track and trying not to get destroyed. Unless you take the easy way out. 

Camping behind sheild and using discharge is the easy way out. Not saying volt was any better off when explosions could kill you through sheild and overload was only effective one time in electronic heavy tilesets...but i just do not wish to play this way.

So i spent the last 30 minutes in a survival on the kuva fortress flipping back and forth in the air trying not to get caught with a stray bullet, and it was ok. Hey, this is where my complaints about not being able to aircast discharge come into play, it just reinforces the obligatory camping playstyle by making you have to be on the ground. 

Me? Im stubborn. Iv put streamlined form and agility drift on as well as armored agility, because while all three of these mods are things speed should give (maybe except less friction and armor), it doesnt give them in any noticeable amount. Also...with less friction, im actually able to almost aircast, as long as i come into contact somewhere near some surface before jumping/sliding off into the air again. 

The few times i died doing the kuva mission were when i was stopped from moving by the discharge animation or when i blew myself up with my penta, which is easier to use because with all the flipping around, aiming at something with an actual gun would get you nowhere in life. This pretty consistently my life story as volt. Youll see this if you look about 40 pages back because i posted a video of my gameplay.

Volt is pretty much untouchable especially with speed, and when it came time to leave the mission (i was the only one alive), i made it to extraction easy peasy. The problem is actually trying to fight. Volts kit is a camping kit, compass and all. It was not like this before the rework. I wish there were other options than what is being forced on to me. Because volt is a very easy frame to play, especially against grineer. I can just sit somewhere and spam sheild and spam discharge and pop energy pads and blow everything up with my penta and impenetrable blast proof sheild. And the Ash that kept having to revive me because i wasnt doing that could just pick up health support with invisibility and spam bladestorm. But we didnt do that. Well. I didnt camp, and so the ash didnt have any other option, i probably made ot more difficult for the both of us, but thats why this is just a really stupid rework.

Edited by (PS4)WINDMILEYNO
Edit