Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Revisions Feedback Post Update 18.13

[DE]Danielle

On 6/3/2016 at 10:12 AM, Alma_Elma said:

Mesa rework long overdue and fixed the most glaring problems we had with her that made her mediocre, pre-rework.

That said, Ballistic Battery needs some rework. Its just too situational compared to her other abilities. What I'd suggest is making her a bit more fun and western-ish:

Replace Ballistic Battery with "Quickdraw".

Mesa quickly draws one of her regulator pistols and performs a single shot at her target. Has 3 effects that can be toggled (Like Ivara's arrows and Vauban's mines):
1. Disabling shot: Fires a single shot that knocks an opponent's weapon out of their hands, disarming them and inflicts an impact proc.

2. Lethal shot: Fires a single kill shot at an opponent. Damage is dependent on Peacemaker's stats and ignores 50% of armor and shields.

3. Trick shot: Fires a single round at an opponent. Damage is dependent on Peacemaker's stats but causes the shot to penetrate enemies only and ricochet off surfaces within 20m that can hit upto 4 enemies at once. Inflicts slash procs at enemies hit by the round.

I love this idea :)

On 9/6/2016 at 10:02 PM, SourTaco said:

Multishot and Magnum Force do affect Peacemaker.

Thank you for ur answer, i have another question, is necessary to put critical dmg and crit prob mods on mesa in the secondary weapon?

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Infraa said:

Thank you for ur answer, i have another question, is necessary to put critical dmg and crit prob mods on mesa in the secondary weapon?

Thank you.

To get the most out of peacemaker you pretty much need your standard crit secondary build.

My only recurring complaint now is that I still can't zoom while using Peacemaker like I do with other weapons, which is a bit crippling on a controller.

And that Arctic Eximus snow globes are immune to damage from PM, which is really bad and I'm assuming it's an overlooked bug.

Edited by Demon.King

18 hours ago, (PS4)IrSchm33 said:

Love it , but lets call 3 Shatter shot or Hollow point, it would also be REALLY nice if we kept the skill as it is , have it passively gain damage and Cast it losing the energy to apply the damage , after the shot is used have it start collectiong damage again ( without requiring casting ) as another comment said. this would be amazing 

As a Mesa main, while the idea is really good, it takes away Peacemakers charm and Ballistic Battery's unique mechanic. Instantly charge it with shotguns and use it on Eximus units, quite simple c:

6 hours ago, Tuxpenguino said:

With maximum energy efficiency it's still 12 energy per second. It should be around 8 for a sweet spot.

At this point in time, you'll be busted down before her ult ramps up. Not to mention run out of energy just as the wave surges.

Um, with maximum efficiency the drain is 3.75 not 12.

IMO, Mesa should be allowed to move, not run and jump, but walk, the rate of fire should be dropped to basic while moving, or one must release the LMB to be able to walk, but, some movement should be allowed. This wouldn't make her running and killing all around like Hysteria or Exalted Blade do, but, the possibility to correct her position, thus she could have more enemies in the line of sight, or avoid Sapping Ospray's AOEs is just what she lacks now. This won't make her OP, just more handy and survivable. And, please allow her to shoot down, that's quite funny, standing on some container the mob's heght and never shooting enemies at her feet, like she's too proud to look down.

Edited by skidnik

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:04 AM, Tuxpenguino said:

With maximum energy efficiency it's still 12 energy per second. It should be around 8 for a sweet spot.

At this point in time, you'll be busted down before her ult ramps up. Not to mention run out of energy just as the wave surges.

Lol, make sure you are not just stacking STR and EFF and completely forgetting about DUR. You can kiss efficiency goodbye with negative duration.

1 hour ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Lol, make sure you are not just stacking STR and EFF and completely forgetting about DUR. You can kiss efficiency goodbye with negative duration.

Streamline + Fleeting Expertise still makes minimum cost regardless of duration stats for any channeled ability. A possible bug, but, hasn't been fixed for ages, so still a feature.

6 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Efficiency

Not a bug; working as intended.  

It's kinda tricky. For 1 per second: 1*(2-0.9)/0.4=1*0.1/0.4=0.25 Looks fine, since 25% is the minimum energy cost you can get, so increasing the duration won't get you below that value, but game UI keeps showing 175% as, maximum power efficiency you can get, instead of 190% provided by Streamline+Fleeting Expertise, and, if you put 0.75 instead of 0.9 into the above formula you do not get that minimum, so it looks like a bug, for me. If DE confirmed that OK, i'm good with it, just never found them do it anywhere yet.

22 minutes ago, skidnik said:

It's kinda tricky. For 1 per second: 1*(2-0.9)/0.4=1*0.1/0.4=0.25 Looks fine, since 25% is the minimum energy cost you can get, so increasing the duration won't get you below that value, but game UI keeps showing 175% as, maximum power efficiency you can get, instead of 190% provided by Streamline+Fleeting Expertise, and, if you put 0.75 instead of 0.9 into the above formula you do not get that minimum, so it looks like a bug, for me. If DE confirmed that OK, i'm good with it, just never found them do it anywhere yet.

Either way, you DO NOT want negative duration when dealing with drain skills. 

I ditched Fleeting Expertise in 0.001 seconds after this change, since it's useless for drain skills. Streamline + ~250% duration will get you to the max drain efficiency. No downsides to that, unlike with Fleeting Expertise.

In the case of Mesa, high duration is gold for 2, 3 and 4. So you could say it's a win-win-win.

27 minutes ago, skidnik said:

The game shows 75% as the cap to indicate that powers will not go below 25% cost but the fact that the extra 15% efficiency is still in play outside of the cap has been well known since the first days of Corrupted mods when people started using a rank 2 Blind Rage to get some extra power strength without lowering efficiency below the cap.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

2 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

I ditched Fleeting Expertise in 0.001 seconds after this change, since it's useless for drain skills. Streamline + ~250% duration will get you to the max drain efficiency. No downsides to that, unlike with Fleeting Expertise.

In the case of Mesa, high duration is gold for 2, 3 and 4. So you could say it's a win-win-win.

What about activation costs, casting non-channel powers, and overall flexibility?  FE is still a staple in many of my builds that incorporate channeled powers.  

8 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

What about activation costs, casting non-channel powers, and overall flexibility?  FE is still a staple in many of my builds that incorporate channeled powers.  

What powers? 2 and 3? Streamline is plenty for that. Or would you rather have them last for a very short while just so that you can spam them more often? That is useless. The best approach for Mesa is obviously max duration.

27 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

What powers? 2 and 3? Streamline is plenty for that. Or would you rather have them last for a very short while just so that you can spam them more often? That is useless. The best approach for Mesa is obviously max duration.

Maxing duration totally is not really necessary.  Mesa can effectively dump range, so max NM more than covers TF and FE's penalities.  You can even drop max efficiency a little and take extra ranks in BR without hurting your energy/sec.  

Outside of Mesa, efficiency of non-channeled powers can be much more important as well.  

1 minute ago, RealPandemonium said:

Maxing duration totally is not really necessary.  Mesa can effectively dump range, so max NM more than covers TF and FE's penalities.  You can even drop max efficiency a little and take extra ranks in BR without hurting your energy/sec.  

Outside of Mesa, efficiency of non-channeled powers can be much more important as well.  

What would those frames be? Wukong? Excalibur? Not really sure what you have in mind, but max duration always has great advantages and no downsides with the drain skills frames that I play.

20 hours ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Actually, with channeled abilities you DO NOT care about duration at all, as Streamline + Fleeting Expertise alone give you the minimum drain you can get. You still need duration for Shooting Gallery, so you increase it back from 40%, negating the FE's impact, but the drain of Regulators will never drop below 25% of the original value.

1 hour ago, skidnik said:

Actually, with channeled abilities you DO NOT care about duration at all, as Streamline + Fleeting Expertise alone give you the minimum drain you can get. You still need duration for Shooting Gallery, so you increase it back from 40%, negating the FE's impact, but the drain of Regulators will never drop below 25% of the original value.

Sure.....just put only 15% duration out of 100%, coupled with max efficiency, and we will talk afterwards.

13 minutes ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Sure.....just put only 15% duration out of 100%, coupled with max efficiency, and we will talk afterwards.

Well, OK, the minimum you need is 40%, didn't think anyone would be foolish enough to drop it even further.

1 hour ago, skidnik said:

Well, OK, the minimum you need is 40%, didn't think anyone would be foolish enough to drop it even further.

Ha, 40% you say...why the hell would I use that? It's far better to get the max efficiency while having both 2 and 3 last 60-70 seconds with each cast.

1 hour ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Ha, 40% you say...why the hell would I use that? It's far better to get the max efficiency while having both 2 and 3 last 60-70 seconds with each cast.

Or they can last 40-50 seconds and require a 55ish instead of 150 energy investment every time you want to use the whole power combo.  Flexibility is an advantage that cannot be understated.  

48 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

Or they can last 40-50 seconds and require a 55ish instead of 150 energy investment every time you want to use the whole power combo.  Flexibility is an advantage that cannot be understated.  

But Fleeting Expertise is an extra mod slot that I do not need to use. In fact, it won't fit into my build either way.

On 22/06/2016 at 0:36 AM, RealPandemonium said:

This a kind of a moot point actually, since unlss you get nullified or fall into a pit you should win your energy costs back within the minute. Same thing with DPS Mirage. The only issue would be if you were to spam Peacemaker immediatelt after having cast the defensive buffs.