Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Revisions Feedback Post Update 18.13

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, JalakBali said:

Here's what I don't like about Peacemaker rework: doing more shots and being in PM longer makes the power less effective since the reticle gets smaller. It is forcing you to get in and out of PM to get more coverage and feels really awkward. Holding down attack button to shoot is also odd since there's no point in not shooting with in PM mode.

So here's what Peacemaker should've been:

1. You don't need to press attack to shoot. Anything in her reticle while she's activating Peacemaker would get shot at.

2. Pressing attack button (left mouse button) would make the reticle smaller (kinda like a zoom). But why would you make the reticle smaller? Because the smaller the reticle gets, the stronger and faster Peacemaker gets.

3. Pressing aim button (right mouse button) would increase reticle size.

So how would this change things? With this, Peacemaker is less about making quick sweeps all around you before the reticle gets too small so you had to reset. This way you gets to choose whether you wanted big coverage but slower and less powerful attacks, or pin-point damage dump on smaller area.  Lots of mooks all over the place? Widen the reticle. That Bombard just not dying fast enough? Zoom the reticle and blast him faster. So now Peacemaker has a tactical element on how you use it.

And yea, fix the "not damaging enemy snowglobe" thing too, please.

Hmmmmmm, acutely, have u every try to use Mesa in sorties assassinate? It really deal a great amount of damage to those LV 100 bosses. it not really less effective, is just u need to move around. 

On 6/1/2016 at 4:49 AM, alergiclaprosti said:

Peacemaker still doesn't affect the Globe Eximus.

I think this is the only 4th ability that doesn't bypass the shield (like most of the other 4th abilities) or, at least, damage the shield before damaging the actual unit.

In other words, this ability can't damage (while still targeting and shooting, so not focusing on other enemies) enemies that are easily damaged by other 4th abilities.

Shooting Gallery is a lot better now that Mesa doesn't lose it to her team.

Still it responds very slow. It takes more than one second until it disables an enemy after said enemy comes into range.

When it was released the ability was very responsive. It's one of the reasons that made me buy her. In the months after her release, this ability, was nerfed into the ground to the point that it's not even half as useful as it first was. 

If it reacts faster to the enemies coming into range it will be just right.

oh yes ...

Ballistic Battery is too slow...

If it charges passively and only the discharge is active (uses energy and does what it does) it will be in the same universe and the rest of the game.

Yeah,is doesn't affect to Globe is kind of sucks, but if u say the globe is Nullifier's field, than i think it will be too OP since u can just AFK all day in T3S or T4S, because ur fire rate and auto-aim, the nullifier will be shoot down before they even respawn XD. But it's awkward that Peacemaker donesn't work against snowglobe :(

3 hours ago, JalakBali said:

Here's what I don't like about Peacemaker rework: doing more shots and being in PM longer makes the power less effective since the reticle gets smaller. It is forcing you to get in and out of PM to get more coverage and feels really awkward. Holding down attack button to shoot is also odd since there's no point in not shooting with in PM mode.

So here's what Peacemaker should've been:

[snip]

What about simply using the RMB to increase/decrease reticule size ? Use LMB to shoot, as of now. Automatic fire sounds quite boring and unengaging, much like her old PM with the 360° coverage.

On May 31, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Enno69 said:

And Loki needs invisibility to survive, he cannot go inside the bubble either. Plenty of other examples. Nullifiers suck. What would be your ideas to improve Mesa ?

Ok so I've not played played rework Mesa, and am really enjoying the feedback from an outsider's perspective.

Thematically, she is the gunslinger; that high plains drifter roaming the desert sands that Grineer fear.

But the game is missing that mechanism that allows her to stroll into a Grineer Fort and unleash hell.

So she needs a passive that rewards accuracy and successful hits and crits when you string them together.

It's like those badass scenes where our (anti-hero) is slowly walking through town (yes pm should allow walking) answering all challengers with a bullet because he/she is in THE ZONE.

So how do you incorporate that as a game mechanic?  Like THIS:

Condition: 

3 kills in 5 seconds activates a natural talent-type/crit chance/proc chance/crit damage stack for her secondaries and Peacemaker (allowing for sans PM run-n-gun AND PM).  

The bonuses continue/stack so long as she records an additional kill every 2 seconds up to a max bonus TBD.  It's a ranged version of Berzerker that incorporates accuracy.

Suddenly, we have a game version of Mesa that does justice to her thematic version.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Joshua-_-pena said:

my only idea 4 peacemaker, instead of the radical getting smaller u just have to make it biger with rang mods, making it possible to get back the 360 god mode with the right mod set-up

That would be OP, no ?

On 6/5/2016 at 5:55 PM, Pis-has-the-green-hat said:

Hmmmmmm, acutely, have u every try to use Mesa in sorties assassinate? It really deal a great amount of damage to those LV 100 bosses. it not really less effective, is just u need to move around

I like how, talking about Peacemaker, you say that! 

On 6/5/2016 at 10:55 PM, Pis-has-the-green-hat said:

Hmmmmmm, acutely, have u every try to use Mesa in sorties assassinate? It really deal a great amount of damage to those LV 100 bosses. it not really less effective, is just u need to move around. 

I don't see how this is arguing against my idea? My idea is just that we, as a player, should have control over the size of the reticle and get to adjust it to balance between coverage and damage.  Want to kill the lvl 100 boos fast? Zoom in the reticle. Want to cover the largest area to kill a lot of mooks? Widen the reticle, sacrificing damage.

On 6/6/2016 at 1:46 AM, Enno69 said:

What about simply using the RMB to increase/decrease reticule size ? Use LMB to shoot, as of now. Automatic fire sounds quite boring and unengaging, much like her old PM with the 360° coverage.

You need two buttons to "zoom" in or out. Auto shoot is not boring because you still have to aim the reticle, you just don't need to push a button to shoot since... you should be shooting anyway. There's no point in not pushing LMB while in Peacemaker, making pressing LMB pointless. Go Peacemaker, shoot anything inside reticle. Zoom in (LMB) if you want to focus killing something fast, zoom out (RMB) if you want to widen the scope. If LMB is still for shooting, then you'll be pressing down LMB while clicking RMB to cycle reticle sizes.

Of course, now that I think of it, you could simply change the reticle size with mouse scroll. That'd be neat too.

I am just copy-pasting this from another post I made a while ago.

Spoiler

I got her earlier this year. She seemed to be underwhelming as a damage dealer and far better at tanking and giving CC, mostly due to her second and third abilities. Peacemaker always seemed good until I actually tried it and it became obvious that they were not worth at all the energy.

• Current Change Reasoning:

Seems to me that I was not the only one with such underwhelming impression. Peacemaker might have been a good ability when she came out, but as it was it was far better to headbutt the enemies instead.

• Outcome:

Mesa can finally do some decent damage. However, the skill is still incredibly costly and roots you in place. While rooting is no issue as long as you have Shattered Shield up, you can't properly use the skill when enemies running all over the place and taking cover. As it is, it is only worth using if you happen to find an entire army in a hallway.

• Suggestion:

First of all, reduce the skill energy consumption. Second, allow movement. Not necessarily to move while shooting, as those awesome firing animations would be half wasted. A nice change would be to allow a recast of the skill at no cost in a 5 second window after cancelling the skill. This would allow to change positions at the very least to hit those enemies that ran around some corners or to cover other area. As an extra it would help an awful lot if she had some prioritization. Although the descriptions of both her and her skill lead me to believe she is highly skilled and with awesome reflexes, this skill seems like she goes on a nut rampage and shoots blindly (seems like this was actually the idea). However, a prime example of this being a bad thing are the infested or corrupted. A single ancient healer and she would do absolutely nothing. If the player is in no control over who to shoot, she should at least try to hit high value targets first.

I forgot what I wanted to say here...

Hail Cthulhu? No, that's not it. I think. Ugh.

Peace maker finally has that proper risk reward feeling to it with the right amount of diligence needed and as a bonus you can focus down specific groups of enemies.   My glass cannon build feels like it has a purpose again without making me absolutely bored while trying

On 5/27/2016 at 9:17 PM, Wrecked. said:

Love the changes to peacemaker. It would be good if she could move around while its active though, even if its just a walk....firing from the hip....too cool XD

She can walk. On PS4, hold R1 while Peacemaker is active and Mesa will be able to walk slowly 

On 6/1/2016 at 4:49 AM, alergiclaprosti said:

Peacemaker still doesn't affect the Globe Eximus.

I think this is the only 4th ability that doesn't bypass the shield (like most of the other 4th abilities) or, at least, damage the shield before damaging the actual unit.

In other words, this ability can't damage (while still targeting and shooting, so not focusing on other enemies) enemies that are easily damaged by other 4th abilities.

Shooting Gallery is a lot better now that Mesa doesn't lose it to her team.

Still it responds very slow. It takes more than one second until it disables an enemy after said enemy comes into range.

When it was released the ability was very responsive. It's one of the reasons that made me buy her. In the months after her release, this ability, was nerfed into the ground to the point that it's not even half as useful as it first was. 

If it reacts faster to the enemies coming into range it will be just right.

oh yes ...

Ballistic Battery is too slow...

If it charges passively and only the discharge is active (uses energy and does what it does) it will be in the same universe and the rest of the game.

Shotguns charge it almost instantly 

On 6/3/2016 at 9:46 AM, RealPandemonium said:

Peacemaker has crazy base crit stats.  The unprimed pistol crit mods are good on it and the primed ones are over-the-top good.  

Peacemaker is Impact-biased (50% impact, 25% of the other two) so Impact mods will be more effective, but physical damage mods are usually sub-optimal anyway and are mostly used for Elemental Enhancement Sorties and to increase Slash proc bias.  

Fire rate is affected by holster speed modifiers but not fire rate mods.  

This game provides a criminally small amount of info in-interface; reading the wiki is practically required to be knowledgeable player, and often separates those who know or don't know what they're talking about on this forum.  

And this is why I didn't get Primed Target Cracker recently. Because I had no idea my 3-Forma Mesa could benefit from it.

Nice...

Edit: for the record, no, that's not to sit in place with her Ult. I use a Duration build for her 2&3 mostly, popping PM in crowded rooms.

I just like her theme.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

mesa gameplay now is very bursty, which is not a bad thing

yes peacemaker outputs high dmg but the manual aim requirements and high energy drain offset it well enough, then there are mechanics that force her out of peacemaker like nullifiers/arctic eximus , recasting her defensive & buff skills etc, allow for energy regens & restores

thematically its fitting the gunslinger frame has one of the higher damaging ults that is expensive to use

if devs feel its too strong ? instead of removing its ability to take advantage of secondary mods as effectively as it does now it would be better to just make it more costly to use - except with variable drain rate ie; while in peacemaker not shooting u have a lower drain rate which increases (a set value.. not scaling) whenever you start firing at enemies

peacemaker should be reliable dmg wise, but not sustainable - then you have to use it tactically  - timing and energy management being important 

personally im fine with static peacemaker as a tradeoff for high dmg output but honestly slowly moving is not a big deal either way - it would just be a handy QoL addition at best, to allow you to get a better sightline while in peacemaker if terrain is just blocking you in your current position (doesnt really warrant its own aug mod, unless it allowed pretty fast movement)

Since the reword ive been playing her a whole lot more and really enjoying every second. Largely play with Duration for the 2 and 3 but being able to pop the 4 and have it effectively work when needed is good. Just wish the 1 was more memorable for usage, some of the idea's for a alternate power in here are good

I want to see the first ability changed. I like Quick Shot: 

Mesa fires 2/4/6 quick shots with her Regulators at the closest 2/4/6 enemies. Can be used while Peacemaker is active.

These shots cannot crit, but are guaranteed to stagger and stun the affected enemies for 1/2/3 seconds.

Buy time and space with a quick draw and fire.

After last good correction(multishot) there was a nerf again making Mesa much less playable.

Suddenly for ult  not only NullBubbles absorb without taking damage(which is wrong concept already as they are bullets!) but also EximusBubbles absorb it(and ... no damage happpens too which is fully out of logics).

DE, can you please make Mese ult bullets work like bullets?

I hope it isn't too much demand as it will be just logical.

5 minutes ago, Death_Master_ said:

After last good correction(multishot) there was a nerf again making Mesa much less playable.

Suddenly for ult  not only NullBubbles absorb without taking damage(which is wrong concept already as they are bullets!) but also EximusBubbles absorb it(and ... no damage happpens too which is fully out of logics).

DE, can you please make Mese ult bullets work like bullets?

I hope it isn't too much demand as it will be just logical.

Eximus globes started to do this several months ago. They also blocking a lot of other powers by some reason. 

On May 27, 2016 at 8:04 PM, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

No recast on Mesas Shatter Shield. She needs to have some risk in her kit for the damage reduction reward. 

Take cover and recast.

implying that mirage's Eclipse dont give a better effect with the recast ability , and all u have to do is stand in the dark witch is the largest area found in most maps. i think shater shild should be re-castible. if i have enough attention to see im getting low then im being active, and should be aloud to keep my shatter shild for being active enough to watch it and stop it from dropping off , eclipse has 95 percent damage immunity for ALL DAMAGES , but mesa cant stop blast damage , or melee. but recasting is too much ? 

On June 3, 2016 at 10:12 AM, Alma_Elma said:

Mesa rework long overdue and fixed the most glaring problems we had with her that made her mediocre, pre-rework.

That said, Ballistic Battery needs some rework. Its just too situational compared to her other abilities. What I'd suggest is making her a bit more fun and western-ish:

Replace Ballistic Battery with "Quickdraw".

Mesa quickly draws one of her regulator pistols and performs a single shot at her target. Has 3 effects that can be toggled (Like Ivara's arrows and Vauban's mines):
1. Disabling shot: Fires a single shot that knocks an opponent's weapon out of their hands, disarming them and inflicts an impact proc.

2. Lethal shot: Fires a single kill shot at an opponent. Damage is dependent on Peacemaker's stats and ignores 50% of armor and shields.

3. Trick shot: Fires a single round at an opponent. Damage is dependent on Peacemaker's stats but causes the shot to penetrate enemies only and ricochet off surfaces within 20m that can hit upto 4 enemies at once. Inflicts slash procs at enemies hit by the round.

Love it , but lets call 3 Shatter shot or Hollow point, it would also be REALLY nice if we kept the skill as it is , have it passively gain damage and Cast it losing the energy to apply the damage , after the shot is used have it start collectiong damage again ( without requiring casting ) as another comment said. this would be amazing