Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.13.1

[DE]Rebecca

Still no fix for mag's magnetize self damage. 

It happens not all the time but when it did, my mag got chewed off by my own akstileto p bullets.

Please look into that. Love the mag rework, maybe bring back the percentage damage for polarize? A fix percentage is still better than a fixed damage number imo. 

Thx for the hardwork DE

First of all i want to says thank-you for all you guys do to keep us up and running however i think there is something wrong with mag i have play mag since i began this game she ofc is my fav but i believe you guys put polarize and bullet attract backwards or something because my polarize went across the map now its only 11 meters?? something is wrong please take a look at it thanks

1 hour ago, animmortalghoulfromtokyo said:

Noticed a bug in with Hysteria where you still take damage. During the sortie I was doing  not only was I instakilled while in hysteria the following casts of Hysteria didn't have any invuln. Still don't know what causes it though.

I am not the only one that says Valky is now broken.

3 hours ago, xJOOZYx said:

First of all i want to says thank-you for all you guys do to keep us up and running however i think there is something wrong with mag i have play mag since i began this game she ofc is my fav but i believe you guys put polarize and bullet attract backwards or something because my polarize went across the map now its only 11 meters?? something is wrong please take a look at it thanks

DE purposely switched them. Magentize is now her 2nd and Polarize is her 3rd. She's been completely reworked.

on the topic of trinitys bless, i think it needs to be changed to have maybe make it less effective the longer out it goes. trying to get a group to stay within 50m of a trin is hard to do and even harder if your doing something like a Lor run where in some cases you have to be spread all out in some areas. I would say make it where after 50m, it become 5% less effective till it doesn't reach any further.

I don't know why ppl QQ over polarize now, it completely strips armor from enemies, and yeah it doesn't do AS much to shields anymore, but trap them in magnetize and they're screwed anyways lol.  I've had that bubble pop for damn near 1m damage to all enemies in the area before during testing and in the field, it's hilarious.  Who needs to worry about polarize removing all their shield when they just get instantly obliterated? seriously ppl less qq with mag plz. 

1 hour ago, StoneMountain117 said:

I coulda swore Tenno were supposed to be one man/woman armies, not crippled proxy androids that can barely take on a Grineer Butcher. It's even in the lore, ex: Mirage's last stand. And Mirage is a very squishy warframe. They're supposed to be warriors of fantastical calibur, jack of all trades soldiers, proficient in many things and master of a few or one. What DE has done so far is slowly cripple and nerf with the excuse of "making more engaging gameplay" and "rebalance" everything to the point where a Tenno and the Warframe are just shadows of their former selves.

If I wanted to be a ninja, there are games for that. If I wanted to be a pirate, play Assassins' Creed 4. If I want to live a power fantasy: play Warframe. That's why Warframe is so much fun and DE is slowly
cough "rebalancing" cough to where we can't do jack against a lvl30 Bombard.

RIP Trinity, Excal, Mag, Mesa, Saryn, Valkyr, Mirage and soon-to-be-rip Ash. Exalted Blade's slide attack was already a calculated choice because of it's ridiculously short range-wait, what range? But I worked with it and I've used to great effect. Instead of having that range

DE better not touch my waifu Ivara-chan.

All these nerfs do is punish players who don't or rarely abuse the abilities and discourage using the nerfed frames. Warframes are meant to be these "broken" armies of one, justified by the rules and lore of the game: that's why it's fun to play.

I will probably not use

I agree about Ivara...better not touch her, I'ma be SO pissed. 

1 hour ago, Alanthier said:

I don't know why ppl QQ over polarize now, it completely strips armor from enemies, and yeah it doesn't do AS much to shields anymore, but trap them in magnetize and they're screwed anyways lol.  I've had that bubble pop for damn near 1m damage to all enemies in the area before during testing and in the field, it's hilarious.  Who needs to worry about polarize removing all their shield when they just get instantly obliterated? seriously ppl less qq with mag plz. 

Polarize does NOT completely strip armor, its a fixed value affected by power strength. This means that the main purpose of changing mag to work against another faction, in this case grineer, is entirely POINTLESS as when the armor strip is needed the most at higher levels like final sortie and raid, IT WONT DO ITS JOB. In regards to the use on shields, that use is gone before level 50 as its a low fixed base damage that wont even drain more than a tiny fraction of ANY enemy's shields even if they are in a very large group. Yes magnetize is rather good but its just a buffed bullet attractor that has needed these changes for a while and to get these changes has made mag loose ANY use in polarize so it just traded one ability for another and the new main ability is still a 2 spam just like before, it just doesn't scale anymore, has WAY less range, and the casting time will get you killed easily on the already squishy mag.

33 minutes ago, Kurayami_No_Yenshi said:

Polarize does NOT completely strip armor, its a fixed value affected by power strength. This means that the main purpose of changing mag to work against another faction, in this case grineer, is entirely POINTLESS as when the armor strip is needed the most at higher levels like final sortie and raid, IT WONT DO ITS JOB. In regards to the use on shields, that use is gone before level 50 as its a low fixed base damage that wont even drain more than a tiny fraction of ANY enemy's shields even if they are in a very large group. Yes magnetize is rather good but its just a buffed bullet attractor that has needed these changes for a while and to get these changes has made mag loose ANY use in polarize so it just traded one ability for another and the new main ability is still a 2 spam just like before, it just doesn't scale anymore, has WAY less range, and the casting time will get you killed easily on the already squishy mag.

My mag completely strips the armor of grineer based enemies, their hp all goes red, and they all become squishier than mag herself.  I've run high level things and tested against level 100+ enemies that are grineer type/corrupt.  My Mag destroys them.  

2 hours ago, Alanthier said:

My mag completely strips the armor of grineer based enemies, their hp all goes red, and they all become squishier than mag herself.  I've run high level things and tested against level 100+ enemies that are grineer type/corrupt.  My Mag destroys them.  

How many tries does it take you? I just tested with 299 power strength, and it took 4 uses against level 70 corrupted bombards and heavy gunners to strip their armor.

I can understand the trash units getting stripped, but the heavy units are a different story, 4 uses is way too many with 299 power strength, that is way too slow.

16 minutes ago, Lithorrhage said:

How many tries does it take you? I just tested with 299 power strength, and it took 4 uses against level 70 corrupted bombards and heavy gunners to strip their armor.

I can understand the trash units getting stripped, but the heavy units are a different story, 4 uses is way too many with 299 power strength, that is way too slow.

Now you understand why they gave Mag Prime, Boar Prime... 

Seriously though, Stripping trash off their armor is good enough, you can make do with taking heavy mobs out with your guns, or just strip trash, while you keep heavy units under polarize. It's not like you need to keep all enemies under CC when there are 4 tenno on the field. Mag is more of a DPS than a CC frame.

Edited by DreadWarlock

13 minutes ago, DreadWarlock said:

Now you understand why they gave Mag Prime, Boar Prime... 

Seriously though, Stripping trash off their armor is good enough, you can make do with taking heavy mobs out with your guns, or just strip trash, while you keep heavy units under polarize. It's not like you need to keep all enemies under CC when there are 4 tenno on the field

But Why would I want to bother playing a frame that can only effectively remove the armor from trash, when I could be playing a frame that just flat out kills them, while also having a modicum of control over the heavy units as well? 

Certainly Magnetize is a better ability now, but it is too buggy in its current state for me to really appraise. Polarize just feels like a worse molecular prime that building for hurts the rest of her kit. At least with the old mag I could have a build that allowed me to effectively use pull, shield polarize, and crush, now it feels like I can only use lesser versions if I want to build for multiple skills, or I can have one it it's full potential. Crush's augment feels like a much better thing to build for than either of her reworked skills in its current state, and even that feels worse than just naturally building frost, since his avalanche removes armor without wasting a mod slot on an augment.

Edited by Lithorrhage
correcting some language that did not make the point I wanted.

11 minutes ago, Lithorrhage said:

But Why would I want to bother playing a frame that can only effectively remove the armor from trash, when I could be playing a frame that just flat out kills them, while also having a modicum of control over the heavy units as well? 

Certainly Magnetize is a better ability now, but it is too buggy in its current state for me to really appraise. Polarize just feels like a worse molecular prime that building for hurts the rest of her kit. At least with the old mag I could have a build that allowed me to effectively use pull, shield polarize, and crush, now it feels like I can only use lesser versions if I want to build for multiple skills, or I can have one it it's full potential. Crush's augment feels like a much better thing to build for than either of her reworked skills in its current state, and even that feels worse than just naturally building frost, since his avalanche removes armor without wasting a mod slot on an augment.

Because is the trash that really makes it difficulty to focus on the important enemies, take their armor away and either "crush" or "pull" them to death, while you focus on more important enemies. bombards are easy to deal with when you have enough time and space to dodge roll their missiles...

Now, bugs, those will take some time to fix, but i'm sure they'll fix them soon, it's been only a few days since the changes.

Edited by DreadWarlock

4 minutes ago, DreadWarlock said:

Because is the trash that really makes it difficulty to focus on the important enemies, take their armor away and either "crush" or "pull" them to death, while you focus on more important enemies. bombards are easy to deal with when you have enough time and space to dodge roll their missiles...

So use Two skills to do the job one used to be able to do, and only barely in some cases(especially in the void)

16 minutes ago, Lithorrhage said:

You say mag is more of a dps frame, yet they nerfed her global damage output, and replaced it with a lesser ability that requires active participation beyond using the ability to do damage, in a smaller scale, with a slew of bugs that makes testing it unreliable, and they gutted the ability that it once was, just to make it more "useful" against other factions. Until they actually implement scaling changes, I remain unimpressed with the mag rework. overall, it hurt her CC, and hurt her DPS.

20 minutes ago, Lithorrhage said:

So use Two skills to do the job one used to be able to do, and only barely in some cases(especially in the void)

You say mag is more of a dps frame, yet they nerfed her global damage output, and replaced it with a lesser ability that requires active participation beyond using the ability to do damage, in a smaller scale, with a slew of bugs that makes testing it unreliable, and they gutted the ability that it once was, just to make it more "useful" against other factions. Until they actually implement scaling changes, I remain unimpressed with the mag rework. overall, it hurt her CC, and hurt her DPS.

1-That's the point of these reworks, older versions used to only depend on one freaking ability, and so people built their warframes over that one single ability, never using the others for anything. Now you'll see that the other abilities are definitely useful. I mean what's the purpose of giving a warframe 4 abilities when you only need one to do your job? Excalibur is the prime example of that, Exalted blade was so op that his other abilities were only used by some players.(which, unlike many other warframes abilities, are all great and useful)

2- You do know that they aknowledge that her damage is a bit lacking at the moment and that they plan to adjust it a bit right? Also enemie are getting their most deserved nerfs in U19, I know it'll take some time, but it will happen.

I definitely agree that enemies from level 100 and on have absurd levels of health and damage, and so you need to cheese your way through to victory. 

But some of these nerfs, and Mags rework are not nearly as bad as people are making it seem.

So far, I can only see Trinity's nerf as something negative. Valkyr(for my playstyle at least) suffered nothing at all, Excalibur suffered absolutely nothing(except for the "press 4 to win" players who refused to use the infinitely superior Radial Blind(for CC) and/or Radial javelin(for melee buffs and quick CC)), Mirage also suffered nothing( once again, except for the press 4 to win population who built her exclusively around blind), bring a Chaos Nyx and a Mirage and you'll still stun lock the entire room, one way or another.

They should focus on reworking some aspects of the Raids, however. 

Radiation damage rooms and that "you can't kill enemies" are what made people depend on ridiculous levels of cheesy Blind, in the first place.

Edited by DreadWarlock

41 minutes ago, Lithorrhage said:

because flat out kill frames are going to be extinct pretty soon and those who read the winds are already prepping ahead of time. 

47 minutes ago, DreadWarlock said:

1-That's the point of these reworks, older versions used to only depend on one freaking ability, and so people built their warframes over that one single ability, never using the others for anything. Now you'll see that the other abilities are definitely useful. I mean what's the purpose of giving a warframe 4 abilities when you only need one to do your job? Excalibur is the prime example of that, Exalted blade was so op that his other abilities were only used by some players.(which, unlike many other warframes abilities, are all great and useful)

2- You do know that they aknowledge that her damage is a bit lacking at the moment and that they plan to adjust it a bit right? Also enemie are getting their most deserved nerfs in U19, I know it'll take some time, but it will happen.

I definitely agree that enemies from level 100 and on have absurd levels of health and damage, and so you need to cheese your way through to victory. 

But some of these nerfs, and Mags rework are not nearly as bad as people are making it seem.

So far, I can only see Trinity's nerf as something negative. Valkyr(for my playstyle at least) suffered nothing at all, Excalibur suffered absolutely nothing(except for the "press 4 to win" players who refused to use the infinitely superior Radial Blind(for CC) and/or Radial javelin(for melee buffs and quick CC)), Mirage also suffered nothing( once again, except for the press 4 to win population who built her exclusively around blind), bring a Chaos Nyx and a Mirage and you'll still stun lock the entire room, one way or another.

They should focus on reworking some aspects of the Raids, however. 

Radiation damage rooms and that "you can't kill enemies" are what made people depend on ridiculous levels of cheesy Blind, in the first place.

While I understand the point of the reworks, I refuse to be impressed or positively acknowledge them until it has changed in game, especially because I have not seen them reference how they feel about the reworks since they came out. Until the bugs around the reworks are fixed, all it feels like is they ruined mag's scaling, and slowed the rate of effect, to make her "effective" against more factions, since having a frame that is only useful against one faction is not what they want. DPS with no scaling needs absurd numbers, or it will be useless outside of mid-game content. Actions before words, one is easier to put trust into than the other.

My previous posts have only referenced mag, because that is what I was responding to you talking about. and now you bring up the others, so I suppose I shall share my two cents on them as well:

Excal: They triple nerfed his exalted blade, just to try and get people to use his other powers. piercing decay, distance decay, and additional energy cost on spin attacks, that do a smaller version of radial blind that is essentially useless, which harms people who actually use exalted blade in close combat, since spin attacks are an excellent way to close distance and deal increased damage to enemies, which seems counter-intuitive to the way DE wants us to play Excal. So they Nerfed both his distance and his close range capabilities.

Excal still suffers from something that mag did before and after her reworks though: the other abilities still don't feel useful, especially since LoS still doesn't seem to work right a large portion of the time.

Valkyr: I literally notice almost no difference with the nerf. It has yet to affect me in any way, except that when I use hysteria to heal only, I end up almost never being fully healed since the bubble is so large now.

Trinity: So JV is impossible now? guess I'll never be able to farm that arcane energize set I decided I wanted last Thursday.

Mirage: The nerf makes sense thematically, and generally doesn't affect my gameplay. I always felt that eclipse was mirage's ability to build around, but that 1% of the time that I used prism was only to make higher level content less painful. Mirage is my favorite, and most used frame, so most of my salt from this change is simply because they took away one of the options I had to play her as, even if it wasn't my preferred play style. I also feel like this could have waited until DE figured out how LoS is actually supposed to work, since it doesn't at least half the time.

Volt: I think I have played him more since the update than before it, my only concerns are that speed was made opt-in instead of opt-out, and that overload is a rooted ability, even though you literally jump into the air to use it... minor gripes.

The vast majority of the rise in my sodium levels is because this change came separate from changes to the content we have to deal with. It feels like DE was making content for the abilities we had, but then they took away our abilities and left us with the content designed around them.

45 minutes ago, IronWolfSaber said:

because flat out kill frames are going to be extinct pretty soon and those who read the winds are already prepping ahead of time. 

Just because flat out kill is being removed doesn't mean that power can't still exist. We tenno are supposed to be the ones who strike fear into the heart of the enemy, not the enemy us.

Edited by Lithorrhage
RIP Grammar.

Can we just have the radial blind slide attack in exhaled blade replaced with something else. It's currently not very effective and gets annoying when attempting to chain multiple slide attacks.

Possibly a multi wave, where several waves fan out in a circular direction but travels less disatance than a normal attack wave, and the damage amount is divided amongst each individual wave. 

Edited by SpadaNgDios