Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] Do you think Vauban still needs to be looked at?

Rahetalius

Just now, Rikov said:

At most I'd make Tesla more of a stunning power, and able to chain to multiple enemies, perhaps constant zapping to everything nearby with chance to stun.

That too, In terms of damage it falls off quickly. It should have a stun ability as well (but not at the same level as Volt's shock).

Just now, PsychedelicSnake said:

That too, In terms of damage it falls off quickly. It should have a stun ability as well (but not at the same level as Volt's shock).

But with what you said, that it should have been merged with mine layer and remove bounce, tesla feels like it would fit more with mine layer, than being it's own power, as it currently stands.

Its mostly his Telsa's. Should pack more of a punch or more status. Would be pretty cool if they changed it to Telsa's will now stun lock an enemy until either duration run out or if the enemy dies (Like how Digria stun locks). Since its also kinda a spammy ability. It should leave a open window for cheaper casts. Bounce could get replaced too. But I like to use em on interceptions & throw a bounce on a hack console. So when an enemy tries to hack. Instantly knocks them back. Its pretty funny

I'd like it if Instead of Tesla you could set down electic turrets: They would zap enemies in a  cone, doing minimal damage but keeping them stunned by repeatedly applying electric status effect and chain. You could make them have a set number of charges or have them scale with duration, or have them have health, scaling with power strength.

Also imagine an augment that would let vauban have small vortexes orbit him wherever he went....*drools*

I think he needs a bit of work, especially with Tesla and Bounce still. The other grenades range from very useful to just funny. Shred and Concuss are fine they can be very useful, even in late game. Trip Wire only serves to amuse the Vauban and the Disarming Loki as all the Melee enemies constantly trip trying to reach you. Tesla however just still doesn't scale well and bounce just doesn't do anything that the other abilities couldn't.

Right now, I would replace Bounce with Tesla in the Minelayer, since it can fill the roll of Anti-Shield, and give it better scaling damage. Also make Minelayer his first ability to make it a better choice at the base cost of 25 energy per mine, rather than a base 50. Make his second some sort of Turret maybe or a sort of shield or barricade. Something to fit his Engineer/Defense Theme. 

An engineer by trade, Vauban gains 25% bonus armor for every warframe within 20 meters of him. yeah 50 armor(100 on prime),

i finally had a whooping 150 armor on raid, so much good, i hope i'll be lucky on void and get that 300 total armor, it would be so much op.

plz just change it

Minelayer is not bad but I still feel that I have no real reason to use anything else than bastille and vortex. Maybe strip a little armor off a boss but that's it.

Make mines permanent until someone steps on them. Then they will be most useful and I would consider spending the energy for them instead of 3,4.

Having a hacking ability would be cool. He is an engineer after all. I am not sure about a turret though because it feels stereotyped. As for his passive I will just say it's cute... Now I have 87.5 armor all to myself... yay.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Rey Za BurreI said:

Vauban needs a turret or hack ability, seriously.

I would call Tesla a 'turret', but it's so weak that it doesn't do anything useful outside of low levels. 

Hacking on the other hand, might be a niche ability to use (judging by the small component of the game that is hacking), unless it's made as an ability that can convert enemy robotics to allies.

11 hours ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

I think so, but nothing too crazy. For one, I feel the rotating abilities should have been mixed into the 1st ability with tesla. Second, I feel bounce should have been removed and replaced with something else entirely.

I think most people would agree bounce pad should go all it does is cause drama.  I don't even care if they replace it with something worthless as long as it doesn't troll.

15 hours ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

I feel bounce should have been removed and replaced with something else entirely.

Maybe a mobile/stationary turret? 

Though if bounce is removed they might have to change the trailer.

Edited by Madway7

4 hours ago, kkinnison said:

His passive is a joke.  Rather switch out his 1 for something like a Sentry gun that can scale each time you cast it.  and this tesla replace Bounce.

I found more use out of Tripwire against infested.

I'll agree with you on the passive being bad, but not the sentry gun. I get that a LOT of people want Vauban to have a turret of some sorts, but the thing is that Tesla has the potential to BE a turret; it's just really really really weak, (which is why I stress so much that it be buffed; so it can have SOME utility in higher levels if not more damage). Bounce definitely has to be killed off much like Super Jump, with that leaving an extra spot open for a new ability. I'd honestly opt for some sort of grenade that buffs nearby allies, but almost anything will do.

1 minute ago, Rahetalius said:

I'll agree with you on the passive being bad, but not the sentry gun. I get that a LOT of people want Vauban to have a turret of some sorts, but the thing is that Tesla has the potential to BE a turret; it's just really really really weak, (which is why I stress so much that it be buffed; so it can have SOME utility in higher levels if not more damage). Bounce definitely has to be killed off much like Super Jump, with that leaving an extra spot open for a new ability. I'd honestly opt for some sort of grenade that buffs nearby allies, but almost anything will do.

Step 1: Remove bounce

Step 2: As PsychedelicSnake said add other grenades to first ability instead of 2. So tesla stays.

Step 3. Second power becomes Sentry gun/ turret

Step 4: Buff tesla 

1. Move minelayer to his #1 power,  add Tesla and remove bounce.  Buff tesla a bit making it into a snare with stun procs.

2. New Power: Hack/EMP/Whatever you want to call it...sends out a wave (a la Nova) That does all or some of the following:

• with a chance (high) of disorienting electronic units, decrease accuracy, confusion or radiation status effect, etc...
  • disabling arc traps & door traps (100%)
  • Resets alarms/security, brings blast doors down if a window is blown
  • Speeds up the timer on Mobile Def missions (dude is an engineer right?  He can hack)
  • Brings console hacks in spy/sortie missions down one level of complexity/slows grineer wheel

3. Passive: Increase non-base damage weapon stats (reload, holstering, capacity, status chance, accuracy, recoil, etc...) by ~10%.  You would think an engineer would tinker with their weapon and get maximum performance out of them right?  Vauban knows how to mod.

16 hours ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

I think so, but nothing too crazy. For one, I feel the rotating abilities should have been mixed into the 1st ability with tesla. Second, I feel bounce should have been removed and replaced with something else entirely.

I agree on moving the rotating grenades to his 1st, but bounce is some kind of relic from the past. One of the reasons why we used to define him as a troll frame. And for that reason alone, I think it should stay. It's still fun to see mobs bouncing out of a defended area.

I don't really like the radiation grenade, because it is, again, giving another frame's role (Nyx) to another frame. When I first used this grenade, I thought it was a stun one, then I saw the radiation glow. Tesla is cool when chaining, maybe turn concuss into a pure stun one without rad procs.

16 hours ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

Agreed with the first part, but imo bounce is cool. The only problem is the "troll friendly" thing so they just need to make it effective on vauban + ennemies only

+ The turret is cool, but totally for another frame. A gunner frame with ammo aura, turrets and exalted big weapon (why not archwing weapons)

Edited by Xgomme

Should have just applied the Grenade Rotation to Tesla and replaced Bounce is my two cents. 

I would have replaced Bounce with a Teleporter.

He casts it once and the Teleporter plops down on where he currently stands.

He activates again somewhere else and plops down the other Teleporter

Infinite duration. Weeeeeeeee