Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bows with Heavy Cal and/or Split Chamber?

Flying_Jimbus

Question

So I usually dont use bows too too much but I find them fun every now and again. The only bow I've formad so far is the Paris Prime because I bought a skin for it a while back. Now, what I want to know is do people put Heavy Cal AND Split Chamber in bows? I used to run them both but then took out Split Chamber and put in Speed Trigger after noticing almost all my shots would just V past enemies, I guess you could use both in like the Rakta Cernos because of godly charge time but Im still not sure. Any Bow connoisseurs out there want to give me some insight if ive been doing it wrong or not?

24 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Thats a lot better, u can try combo with Argon Scope

the only bow I see needing argon would be the rakta cernos, and like I said, only bow I use is the paris prime which can already red crit rather consistently. 

8 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

Split chamber is must. Heavy caliber is the worst thing you can put on bows. They are headshot weapons.

11 minutes ago, -S-O-Kranker said:

Split Chamber is ok, but dont use Heavy Caliber. It makes the arrows flying unpredictable...

16 minutes ago, Featherstone said:

Absolutely NEVER use heavy cal on a bow! You can use split chamber, but just forget about heavy cal, you precision would drop like crazy

However, youve all gotten the message across, heavy cal is bad in bows. thanks everyone :p

Weird that so many are against heavy caliber.
i use it on all my bows (Paris Prime/Dread/Rakta Cernos) and i almost never notice the accuracy loss. sure its noticable when you are sniping on extrem ranges, but a bow isnt good at that anyways because of its flight speed. on mid-ranges its not noticable anymore and you can headshot perfectly fine.

besides, in a worst case scenario where the arrows go into completely different directions its always to the left and right, which allows for killing two rows of enemies with one shot.

I use both on Rakta Cernos as a general-purpose bow. HC makes the arrows spread a bit and cover larger area.

I don't use HC on Dread, because I use it as a precision bow. Split chamber is fine without HC, but what makes the difference is HC.

I don't even use Paris Prime, any more, because it is pretty bad compared to Dread and Rakta Cernos.

Also, this:

33 minutes ago, ButterLutter said:

i use it on all my bows (Paris Prime/Dread/Rakta Cernos) and i almost never notice the accuracy loss. sure its noticable when you are sniping on extrem ranges, but a bow isnt good at that anyways because of its flight speed. on mid-ranges its not noticable anymore and you can headshot perfectly fine.

besides, in a worst case scenario where the arrows go into completely different directions its always to the left and right, which allows for killing two rows of enemies with one shot.

On 02/06/2016 at 1:09 PM, ButterLutter said:

I disagree, rakta cernos has increased flight speed and a syndicate proc, and simply positioning yourself so enemies line up allows for multikills. Bows get even better when you add powers into the mix, because you can cast one handed powers to cover the slight delay between shots and get constant damage, which is the main reason I don't line up my shots all the time, I just aim in the general direction of heads and slightly down if I'm aiming at empty space.

Side note unrelated to HC: when you've gotten used to rakta cernos' flight speed and shooting rapidly at long range, your aim with other bows just goes to S#&$.

5 minutes ago, OG_DragonSkllzz said:

I disagree, rakta cernos has increased flight speed and a syndicate proc, and simply positioning yourself so enemies line up allows for multikills. Bows get even better when you add powers into the mix, because you can cast one handed powers to cover the slight delay between shots and get constant damage, which is the main reason I don't line up my shots all the time, I just aim in the general direction of heads and slightly down if I'm aiming at empty space.

Side note unrelated to HC: when you've gotten used to rakta cernos' flight speed and shooting rapidly at long range, your aim with other bows just goes to S#&$.

Rakta Cernos gets even better with HC because of its brutal attack speed. Multishot + HC and super fast spamming allows for easy room clears. And in case of single target sniping, who cares if one shot misses, rakta cernos has such a brutal attack speed that you can easily just shoot another arrow.

7 hours ago, ButterLutter said:

And in case of single target sniping, who cares if one shot misses,

Oh it matters.  If I'm going for headshots (which I am most of the time), I want my shots to go where I aim.  You can adjust for the range drop off, but not random variance in accuracy.  It's a personal preference mostly. 

6 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

You can adjust for the range drop off, but not random variance in accuracy.  It's a personal preference mostly. 

Agreed. Practice can give you the ability to account for flight time and projectile arc even at extreme distances, but nothing can reliably account for deviation due to reduced accuracy.

41 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Oh it matters.  If I'm going for headshots (which I am most of the time), I want my shots to go where I aim.  You can adjust for the range drop off, but not random variance in accuracy.  It's a personal preference mostly. 

In what mission/situation in Warframe do you need to adjust for range drop offs from bows? oO

4 hours ago, ButterLutter said:

In what mission/situation in Warframe do you need to adjust for range drop offs from bows? oO

I take it that you must not ever use the bow for long range sniping.  There are many missions and situations where you can adjust for range drop offs from bow.  As I said earlier, it's a personal preference playstyle thing.  

6 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I take it that you must not ever use the bow for long range sniping.  There are many missions and situations where you can adjust for range drop offs from bow.  As I said earlier, it's a personal preference playstyle thing.  

Yea, it mostly comes down to playstyle preferences i guess.
I am almost never playing solo and i feel like i cant keep up with the others if i just sit back somewhere and snipe.
It feels more rewarding if i stay close to them and thus closer to the enemies. The only situation where i do snipe is Void Defense shooting down the hallway with the main door entrance. In every other mission i am constantly on the move and going from room to room, enemies are close to mid range and never long range. In such situations i just never notice the accuracy loss from heavy caliber.

but hey, thats what makes warframe great! everyone can use whatever they want the way they like it and its not necessarily bad!

My RC build consist of the base damage and crit mods, Split chamber, Bladed rounds (feels more valuable than Argon scope on this weap due to more consistent damage increase) and three elementals. Paris prime and Dread need a mod like Speed trigger so it can fire fast enough to be useful, imo, so that takes up a slot. In any case, Split chamb is currently a must, on any rifle and especially those who deal high damage per shot.