Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe.Market

(PSN)Romulus93

Question

18 answers to this question

Once you click "Connect with Steam" you will be redirected to the Steam website were everything is explained in detail.

To make it easier for you and others -> 

- the site will be able to identify you within the Steam Community and retrieve public info such as your stats and achievements.

- a unique numeric identifier will be shared with the site, rather than your Steam login credentials.

- basic information about your Steam account will be shared with a third-party web site. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

So basically, everything that is visible on your Profile is visible to warframe.market

Edited by Chamiel

Warframe Market is not run by DE, it is not supported by DE, it is not trusted (in an encryption/security way) by DE, you are on your own and anything that goes wrong with it is completely your own fault.

I feel it's important to stress these facts when talking about it on the official forums.

4 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Warframe Market is not run by DE, it is not supported by DE, it is not trusted (in an encryption/security way) by DE, you are on your own and anything that goes wrong with it is completely your own fault.

I feel it's important to stress these facts when talking about it on the official forums.

I honestly donno why DE wouldn't just buy WF market and make it an officially sponsored site to make trading easier since they're not putting in an auction house system to make trading less of a hassle.

41 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

I honestly donno why DE wouldn't just buy WF market and make it an officially sponsored site to make trading easier since they're not putting in an auction house system to make trading less of a hassle.

Wouldn't it be easier to make an in-game player market that works in a similar way then? 

6 minutes ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

Look what they did implement. A Bazaar which hardly anyone uses lol.

The Bazaar is a horrible concept right now because its kinda dumb.

The main reason we wanted WF market in the first place is because we can advertise our stuff while playing, buyers just had to look us up and contact us and we'd be able to go to them in short order, the point which DE seems to have missed. Maroo's Bazaar is basically a live-action version of trade chat, which was a bother to use in the first place, unless you're looking for a quick buck.

Edited by Alma_Elma

Its a great site, but only usefull for PC, i already traded hundreds of times thanks to the connection to other people buying/selling their stuff there (already using for months)

Warframe trading is bad because there you can't trade in real-time and the prices are wrong...

Edited by Noey140

The site is save. They dont have any of my personal data, you just need to post a code in the about me section in the forumprofile and thats all.
You dont have to sign in there with your warframe Email address and/or password so its a safe thing.

Edit: If you have still worries: Just dont use it :D

Edited by -S-O-Kranker

10 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

The Bazaar is a horrible concept right now because its kinda dumb.

The main reason we wanted WF market in the first place is because we can advertise our stuff while playing, buyers just had to look us up and contact us and we'd be able to go to them in short order, the point which DE seems to have missed. Maroo's Bazaar is basically a live-action version of trade chat, which was a bother to use in the first place, unless you're looking for a quick buck.

I know where you're coming from, but auction house type suggestions have permeated throughout the history of Warframe, and so far DE hasn't done anything useful. It's fair to conclude that they may perceive the concept to be somewhat adverse to their economy.

27 minutes ago, -CM-Emptiness said:

I know where you're coming from, but auction house type suggestions have permeated throughout the history of Warframe, and so far DE hasn't done anything useful. It's fair to conclude that they may perceive the concept to be somewhat adverse to their economy.

An auction house-esque system would actually be more beneficial to the economy, long-term. More players playing instead of camping trade chat means they're doing something productive, like playing the game (making it more lively for everyone else), and getting stuff to sell. More stuff (I.E: Primes) = more supply to feed demand. And more supply to feed demand means more people being able to make their own prices for items that will inevitably lead to prices dropping down to reasonable levels, which will then result in less people charging an arm, a leg, and one of your reproductive organs, for rare components and items.

11 minutes ago, Alma_Elma said:

An auction house-esque system would actually be more beneficial to the economy, long-term. More players playing instead of camping trade chat means they're doing something productive, like playing the game (making it more lively for everyone else), and getting stuff to sell. More stuff (I.E: Primes) = more supply to feed demand. And more supply to feed demand means more people being able to make their own prices for items that will inevitably lead to prices dropping down to reasonable levels, which will then result in less people charging an arm, a leg, and one of your reproductive organs, for rare components and items.

You forgot to mention how lower price incentives take away from the demand to purchase from the market e.g. Prime Access. I guess I confused you when I said 'economy' I was actually referring to the real-life profits of DE.