Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Genocidal Sentients

(PSN)Saobie3

Question

I honestly thing these things are very broken, especially since MR4 players ca face off with them and they almost inevitebly appear in lv30 missions. they have never failed to kill me in less than 3 hits (even through rhinos iron skin, 1000 shield, and 600 hp with 400 armor) and usually when theyre at the 1/3 hp threshold they basically become unkillable for me. Theres absolutely zero chance of me even coming close to killing one solo, and FIVE of them spawned in my earth mission and wiped the whole squad (all of us died 4 times, me being the last).

Seriously how do i deal with these things. Theyre beyond overpowered from my perspective and should not appear in such low level missions. I cant complete all earth missions unless i somehow manage to deal with these things.

22 answers to this question

IPS weapons with at least 2 separate elements, (as in 3 elements for 1 combo and one extra, or 4 elements for 2 combo elements). Either that or carry weapons with different element types and switch when they become adapted.

Use CC, use mobility.

Just now, Gelkor said:

IPS weapons with at least 2 separate elements, (as in 3 elements for 1 combo and one extra, or 4 elements for 2 combo elements). Either that or carry weapons with different element types and switch when they become adapted.

Use CC, use mobility.

Slow Nova dosnt seem to affect them for moe than 10sec. My Ignis has 2 statuses and my Hikou has 2 different ones. the problem is, solo, they kill me 4 times befoe i even reach the 2nd threshold

My Rhino have 1100 shields, 760 health and if I get a good Ironclad Charge, 28k Iron Skin. Using a Latron Prime with corrosive, Mara Detron with Radiation, Corrosive and Blast, and my Jat Kittag with Magnetic + Toxic. I can kill 5 of them without problem.

I start with Stomp, stun them for a litte time, shoot with my Latron to get all the damage I can get before they become immune to corrosive, then I use my Detron to use Radiation + Blast to finish them, if they're still alive, Jat Kittag with Crushing Ruin + channeling. Or I just use Redeemer charge attack + Latron P or Lex P.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Saobie3 said:

Slow Nova dosnt seem to affect them for moe than 10sec.

Each time you use a CC power on them, it lasts 33% shorter. If you rapidly spam M-Prime on them they'll adapt much faster than if you had just let it run out normally and re-applied

If you're Nova, use your 2 power. Shoot it with your strongest gun (provided you're NOT using Radiation on your strongest gun) and it'll carve a huge chunk out of their health

But most of all, USE COVER. Sentients, and Conculysts especially, love to back you into a dead end and just kill you. Kite them, put walls between them and yourself, make them fight you on your terms

well all you need to do is to get away when they get into tornado mode or doing the spinny laser discoball and you should be fine,  

i seen alot of player trying to facehug those even dem sentinel mostly invulnerable while doing these...

I narrowly managed to kill two during the exterminate mission. My mag/gas ignis and electric/blast Hikou prime did it just barely, though i ran out of ammo and ended up meleeing with destreza. 

Theres no way ill manage that during the MD. i cant fight them and protect the thing at the same time, they basically ohko the terminal. Also, i dont facehug them and i tend to just run away, usually one of them gets stuck nd i 1v1 them but even at that they are absolute monsters. The fact that you need ultra-god gear to beat them is just ridiculous. All my weapons are top tier (according to a few sites i checked) and i can barely kill a single one by the skin of my teeth. The ONLY thing that makes it easier is if the enemies shoot them too, but they almost always shoot me instead and that ofc, just makes it that much harder

i'm surprised that nobody mentioned exalted abilities yet. (the 4th power of valkyr, excalibro, wukong, mesa and ivara)

because of the very high base damage, you can kill them even in phase 3.

i suggest valkyr, bro or wukong, because they can equip life strike on their ult. (i also use rage on my frame, so unless they 1HK me, i can heal back with channeling each hit)

4 minutes ago, Krumplifej said:

i'm surprised that nobody mentioned exalted abilities yet. (the 4th power of valkyr, excalibro, wukong, mesa and ivara)

because of the very high base damage, you can kill them even in phase 3.

i suggest valkyr, bro or wukong, because they can equip life strike on their ult. (i also use rage on my frame, so unless they 1HK me, i can heal back with channeling each hit)

Thats my main issue. They DO ohko me if i use any frame but Rhino, where i will take 3 hits. 

They are beyond stupid. The abilities and damage of this enemy is just dumb. Utterly opressive in every way if you dont use extremely specific things with extremely specific tactics. Once this last MD mission is done theres a solid chance im not going back to moon missions. Theres no value in it at all. The stress involved is too much

If they wanted to introduce a new faction, it might be wise to make them fun to fight. Nothings fun about near invincable enemies ohko you and making whatever mission thy jump into virtually impossible.

At LEAST let us have the option to ignore them. if they show up your almost always forced to kill them

18 hours ago, (PS4)Saobie3 said:

I narrowly managed to kill two during the exterminate mission. My mag/gas ignis and electric/blast Hikou prime did it just barely, though i ran out of ammo and ended up meleeing with destreza. 

Theres no way ill manage that during the MD. i cant fight them and protect the thing at the same time, they basically ohko the terminal. Also, i dont facehug them and i tend to just run away, usually one of them gets stuck nd i 1v1 them but even at that they are absolute monsters. The fact that you need ultra-god gear to beat them is just ridiculous. All my weapons are top tier (according to a few sites i checked) and i can barely kill a single one by the skin of my teeth. The ONLY thing that makes it easier is if the enemies shoot them too, but they almost always shoot me instead and that ofc, just makes it that much harder

Ignis is not top tier. I imagine you're not using enough diversity between your weapons. Sentients adapt to your damage, bring an impact weapon, slash weapon, puncture weapon etc and mix up the elemental types on each ie corrosive, viral, radiation etc. Sentients are easy to kill, they die in 2 hits usually when you're higher level. If they do the prism attack the safest place is underneath them, avoid the spin attack and shoot them when they stop etc. Know what you're fighting, Batalyst and Conculyst have different attacks. Use tactics and cover, you can't just run away or try tanking these guys, CC them, learn their attack cues and adapt just as they do, they're fun! 

Edited by Zilchy

Just now, Zilchy said:

Ignis is not top tier. I imagine you're not using enough diversity between your weapons. Sentients adapt to your damage, bring an impact weapon, slash weapon, puncture weapon etc and mix up the elemental types on each ie corrosive, viral, radiation etc. Sentients are easy to kill, if they do the prism attack the safest place is underneath them, avoid the spin attack and shoot them when they stop etc. Use tactics, you can't just run away or try tanking these guys, CC them, learn their attack cues and adapt just as they do, they're fun!

Many sites i go to for reference when making weapons all have Ignis listed as top tier, though its always towards the bottom of the tier. I can easily slaughter large crowds with it too, falloff starts at around lv70 and gets really noticeable at lv100. but i can still proc and make it useful.

Im making the Quuanta real soon, which iv also heard is top tier. And iv also heard high damage per shot weapons work wonders, so im trying to get the Detron. Mr Zanuka wants my babies but wont commit (wont show up)

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Saobie3 said:

Many sites i go to for reference when making weapons all have Ignis listed as top tier, though its always towards the bottom of the tier. I can easily slaughter large crowds with it too, falloff starts at around lv70 and gets really noticeable at lv100. but i can still proc and make it useful.

Im making the Quuanta real soon, which iv also heard is top tier. And iv also heard high damage per shot weapons work wonders, so im trying to get the Detron. Mr Zanuka wants my babies but wont commit (wont show up)

Well how can I put this..  Sancti Tigris will kill a sentient or shadow stalker in 2 shots. Not sure where you're getting your advice but Quanta isn't top tier either, it's good but not brilliant. And Detron is horrible. 

Edited by Zilchy

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Well how can I put this..  Sancti Tigris will kill a sentient or shadow stalker in 2 shots. Not sure where you're getting your advice but Quanta isn't top tier either, it's good but not brilliant. And Detron is horrible.

Someone here posted 5shotting Sents with a Mara Detron after unloading from his primary.

Either way i cant get Sancti Tigris by conventional means, and on top of that im only MR7. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DdsYLFaWL58_mQeKewm_ejCQdfXM7hSVx9o4PbZ-yD8/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true# this is what i refer to for weapon tiering btw. 

Just now, (PS4)Saobie3 said:

Someone here posted 5shotting Sents with a Mara Detron after unloading from his primary.

Either way i cant get Sancti Tigris by conventional means, and on top of that im only MR7. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DdsYLFaWL58_mQeKewm_ejCQdfXM7hSVx9o4PbZ-yD8/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true# this is what i refer to for weapon tiering btw. 

That's the Mara Detron, not the Detron, big difference. Lex Prime, any shotgun like Hek, Dragoon, Sobek etc will make a mark on them. You want weapons that hit multiple shots at once before the sentient adapts. Get a Hek, Sobek etc, mod it for multishot, damage and corrosive and you'll do serious damage. Then just make sure you have a second weapon that uses different damage types to finish it off when it adapts. Or you can just use frame abilities. What frames do you have?

3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

That's the Mara Detron, not the Detron, big difference. Lex Prime, any shotgun like Hek, Dragoon, Sobek etc will make a mark on them. You want weapons that hit multiple shots at once before the sentient adapts. Get a Hek, Sobek etc, mod it for multishot, damage and corrosive and you'll do serious damage. Then just make sure you have a second weapon that uses different damage types to finish it off when it adapts. Or you can just use frame abilities. What frames do you have?

Excalibur, Rhino, Nova Prime.

also working on getting Hek, i was suggested that for shotgun-only sorties since i do those now (completed todays)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Saobie3 said:

Excalibur, Rhino, Nova Prime.

also working on getting Hek, i was suggested that for shotgun-only sorties since i do those now (completed todays)

Well that's easy then. Radial Blind to CC them, then Exalted blade = dead sentients. It will tear them apart in seconds.

Edited by Zilchy

39 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Well that's easy then. Radial Blind to CC them, then Exalted blade = dead sentients. It will tear them apart in seconds.

I was going to try that but got incredibly fortunate and managed to evade detection for the whole Moon MD mission. It appears they will spawn right as the first terminal starts, and leave 20sec before it ends, never coming back. Will be a tip i pass on to others.

But i understand War is obtained via sentients. im not MR10, but i should prepare for the possible frustration

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Saobie3 said:

I was going to try that but got incredibly fortunate and managed to evade detection for the whole Moon MD mission. It appears they will spawn right as the first terminal starts, and leave 20sec before it ends, never coming back. Will be a tip i pass on to others.

But i understand War is obtained via sentients. im not MR10, but i should prepare for the possible frustration

If you end up frustrated it, will be of your own blame. Taking the wrong tools for the job will always make things "frustrating" (example, using a "top tier" AOE weapon for what amounts to a single target/mini boss fight). Not knowing the the enemy (example, not knowing/figuring out the sentients have the 33%  duration cut when you spam CC abilities) will make things "frustrating". You kinda did your homework on weapons, but not the enemies apparently. It is like doing the job halfway.

On the plus side, you at least seem to be learning between complaints.

Edited by Wopel

1 hour ago, Wopel said:

If you end up frustrated it, will be of your own blame. Taking the wrong tools for the job will always make things "frustrating" (example, using a "top tier" AOE weapon for what amounts to a single target/mini boss fight). Not knowing the the enemy (example, not knowing/figuring out the sentients have the 33%  duration cut when you spam CC abilities) will make things "frustrating". You kinda did your homework on weapons, but not the enemies apparently. It is like doing the job halfway.

On the plus side, you at least seem to be learning between complaints.

I knew about the 33% thing, and im aware that the Ignis is faulty for single targeting (i brought hikou for single targeting). But if i dont use Ignis ill feel unprepared for the actual mission, as its the only weapon i have heavy investments into.

Honestly i still dont think its a bright idea to force a very specific set of tools for an enemy that may or may not show up (95% Oculyst spawn chance if im not mistaken, and possibility of avoiding detection). that being as trivial as it is, the fact tha they can 1shot every frame i have except Rhino, despite all having rather high upgraded survivability mods is also a bit obsurd. 

I play Dark Souls, trust me i know frustration. This is comparable to the hostile NPCs in dark souls. They fight like hackers, swinging nonstop, totally unlimited by stamina and have poise, which you cant have. Not to mention 100% parry rates for those that parry and crippling damage per hit. I know how to counter them, its still not fun and still frustrating. 

That being said im preparing to invest into Hek so i can wipe the floor with these little S#&$s

Edited by (PS4)Saobie3

And I think we can see where the frustration stems from then.

You read up and saw "these things are good" and focused on them. So instead of having a wide array of options, you focused on a few. And this game doesn't reward that with few exceptions, and none of them are available early game. It isn't a matter of being forced to play certain set of "tools", because there are numerous "tools" that will make the encounter easy (or laughable).  You just focused on the wrong tools for the encounter. This is tantamount to saying "I can't play the game the way I want to," because you can, it just isn't easy and as you have said multiple times, frustrating.

Back to "Bring the right tool for the job," that is basically the whole premise of this game. Multiple frames to choose from, multiple weapon for multiple types of weapon categories. Mutable setups from a library of mods. The answer to everything isn't "choice 3, and these mods only" and expecting that exact idea to float is why you are feeling frustrated. You need to diversify. You need to change to the game, as it sure isn't going to change for you. If you don't, you are just going to continue to feel frustrated when you hit these "walls" which occur pretty regularly. There are times where your "go to" options just aren't going to work. Expect that and accept it, you will feel less frustrated.

Edit:  Also if your Rhino is getting one shot and destroyed constantly, you either don't have the mods and/or have been playing the Rhino "crutch build" that everyone complains about when calling Rhino the "noob" frame. Basically hit Iron Skin and not pay attention to anything, then when you get to harder content you get wrecked and don't understand what is going wrong. If either of those cases are true you should remedy them.

Edited by Wopel

Surviving Sentients is all about mobility, shields, armor, and health boosts are only for if you get hit and the key is to not let that happen.

Damaging them requires as many different damage types as you can fit. Since their health is untyped, they have no vulnerability so any damage types will work, you just need a lot of them. Their armor is weaker against corrosive, so you'll get a quick chunk taken out of them by that before they adapt to it, but you won't proc any damage debuffs on them.

Focus your fire on one at a time, use CC abilities to help you get away, and if you or any teammates have abilities that boost your own damage or lower the enemies damage resistance, prioritize using those.

The Sentients are your next big hurdle, you've made it far enough for the game to take the kid-gloves off.