Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

is afk a reportable behavior?

(PSN)SektorZR1

Question

5 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

I'd say no, and for good reasons.

Any good reason for that? There aren't going to be consquences for people going afk one time (other than missing out on rewards for that mission which is automated). If someone does that on a regular basis then it's a different story.

And I don't even mind if someone tells the rest of the group and asks them if it's ok.

To answer the question, No, you can't so far I know but there is a reason why. 

it could be irl reasons family need help, suddenly something comes up, maybe even a stranger in house, could be graphics driver getting hick ups(happened to me) could be your cat just knocked down the @(*()$  lamp again(again personal experience). Missing out on rewards is more than enough. 

Edited by SkarmXD

yes. if it's found that a Player is consistently AFK (so a single report isn't going to do anything on it's own, but many...), they will be dealt with.

either Play the game, or don't queue up for Missions. if you're in a Mission, you're expected to play the game.

Leeching is a bannable offense.

Edited by taiiat

12 minutes ago, gluih said:

Any good reason for that? There aren't going to be consquences for people going afk one time (other than missing out on rewards for that mission which is automated). If someone does that on a regular basis then it's a different story.

And I don't even mind if someone tells the rest of the group and asks them if it's ok.

For the same reason you can't report someone who's messing up your stealth run by going ham with a tonkor: There's a limit to how much policing you can reasonably expect from the Devs before the whole system is bogged down with petty bickering. The best you can do is have a system that uses a mix of positive and negative reinforcement: Don't sit in spawn if you want your rewards, and all you have to do is just play the game to get stuff, aka "Play to Win."

Edited by DeltaPhantom

1 hour ago, ashrah said:

take screenshot and send ticket to support.....afk behavior is banable

i think that is also too far, unless  you played with that person before and have evidence its something they practice daily you are in no right to inflict possible ban on something you don't even know the reason behind to. I  Know someone who got banned for AFK with no previous AFK records in another game simply because he answered to someone calling at the door and had to stay for more than 5 minutes  cause it was serious.

It should be an AFK marker you hit it and it triggers only when the game also considered the player afk, and if in other matches others players detected the same then moderators will approach the person. 

1 minute ago, SkarmXD said:

i think that is also too far, unless  you played with that person before and have evidence its something they practice daily you are in no right to inflict possible ban on something you don't even know the reason behind to. I  Know someone who got banned for AFK with no previous AFK records in another game simply because he answered to someone calling at the door and had to stay for more than 5 minutes  cause it was serious.

It should be an AFK marker you hit it and it triggers only when the game also considered the player afk, and if in other matches others players detected the same then moderators will approach the person. 

in any mmo afk is bannable....and no reson to carry players... if someone have some problem or somthing exit match and free space for new player

1 hour ago, ashrah said:

in any mmo afk is bannable....and no reson to carry players... if someone have some problem or somthing exit match and free space for new player

Aborting as host usually ends up with everyone back in ship or mission failed(in void) , or sometimes leaving with the host without even aborting yourself. Happens to me every host migration, back to orbiter, or mission failed or really long loading. Could be  a  technical thing on my side tho. So i won't call it an argument just an observation. Cause it could mean me or someone else  aborting could hinder or slow the flow of the mission, or even make it fail despite being afk or not. 

Edited by SkarmXD

If someone is going to the bathroom or the fridge, nah. If they f up your game deliberately, sure. Their parents' might have asked for their help for something quick...no biggy to me since when I lived at home I'd sometimes be yanked away with no warning.

20 minutes ago, Weidro said:

there is a special category for this

so yeah u can report afk players

200af758a4.png

But is this really something we should be doing?

Sure, they kinda disrupt the mission at times, but we can do that already, without going AFK. How far are we going to go with policing gameplay behavior? I can't help but wonder what percentage of support tickets are for previously mentioned "petty bickering" that shouldn't really have gone to support in the first place.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

25 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

For the same reason you can't report someone who's messing up your stealth run by going ham with a tonkor: There's a limit to how much policing you can reasonably expect from the Devs before the whole system is bogged down with petty bickering. The best you can do is have a system that uses a mix of positive and negative reinforcement: Don't sit in spawn if you want your rewards, and all you have to do is just play the game to get stuff, aka "Play to Win."

First of all the Devs aren't the ones dealing with this kind of stuff.

Someone not playing the game the way you like is not comparable to someone going afk. There is no such thing as a wrong way of playing the game. Going afk clearly doesn't do anything for the team. I don't see why this should be tolerated, especially considering the amount of time people spend farming stuff in this game.

And again- if someone for going afk and that's the first time this happened, there won't be any consequences for a good reason. If someone does this regulary there will be. That's why you should not wait until you see someone doing this on a regular basis. The chances of seeing someone again are quite low.

32 minutes ago, SkarmXD said:

Aborting as host usually ends up with everyone back in ship or mission failed(in void) , or sometimes leaving with the host without even aborting yourself. Happens to me every host migration, back to orbiter, or mission failed or really long loading. Could be  a  technical thing on my side tho. So i won't call it an argument just an observation. Cause it could mean me or someone else  aborting could hinder or slow the flow of the mission, or even make it fail despite being afk or not. 

If the option is aborting or going afk, you can always just communicate with the other players in your squad. Chances are high that they are happy to finish the mission for you anyway, unless you do this right after entering the mission.

Just now, gluih said:

First of all the Devs aren't the ones dealing with this kind of stuff.

Someone not playing the game the way you like is not comparable to someone going afk. There is no such thing as a wrong way of playing the game. Going afk clearly doesn't do anything for the team. I don't see why this should be tolerated, especially considering the amount of time people spend farming stuff in this game.

And again- if someone for going afk and that's the first time this happened, there won't be any consequences for a good reason. If someone does this regulary there will be. That's why you should not wait until you see someone doing this on a regular basis. The chances of seeing someone again are quite low.

Devs vs. Dedicated support team, tom-ay-toh, tom-ah-toh. If whoever is responsible for handling support tickets can't due to sheer numbers, what good is the system?

As for "no such thing as a wrong way", I direct you towards a Loki constantly using Switch Teleport on teammates, for no purpose other than to annoy them.

Or a player who deliberately uses life support capsules as soon as they arrive, when life support itself is over 90%, ensuring that come crunch time, there's no spare life support.

Or the person who runs a few feet behind their teammates, letting them do all the hard work in an exterminate, when they could easily provide just as much damage output, but don't feel like doing any work.

Or the person who finds a perch in survival missions because they're lazy and don't feel like pulling their weight, only moving occasionally to prevent AFK flagging, but is clearly not AFK?

These are all clearly wrong ways to play. But how many of them are actually reportable? Remind me again where the line is drawn. I feel like it's gotten lost in a sea of vengeful teammates.

4 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

Devs vs. Dedicated support team, tom-ay-toh, tom-ah-toh. If whoever is responsible for handling support tickets can't due to sheer numbers, what good is the system?

As for "no such thing as a wrong way", I direct you towards a Loki constantly using Switch Teleport on teammates, for no purpose other than to annoy them.

Or a player who deliberately uses life support capsules as soon as they arrive, when life support itself is over 90%, ensuring that come crunch time, there's no spare life support.

Or the person who runs a few feet behind their teammates, letting them do all the hard work in an exterminate, when they could easily provide just as much damage output, but don't feel like doing any work.

Or the person who finds a perch in survival missions because they're lazy and don't feel like pulling their weight, only moving occasionally to prevent AFK flagging, but is clearly not AFK?

These are all clearly wrong ways to play. But how many of them are actually reportable? Remind me again where the line is drawn. I feel like it's gotten lost in a sea of vengeful teammates.

Yes, in my long time of playing I have seen all of those a lot. Annoying for sure, but nothing you can / should do, other than getting a specialized squad, leaving the game or just keep playing for the lulz.

1 minute ago, DeltaPhantom said:

You were comparing going afk to messing up stealth runs with a tonkor. Killing stuff with a tonkor clearly is a way to play the game.

All of what you metioned should be solved by first trying to communicate with the player, using the ingame chat and if they don't respond/stop reporting them is totally justified. And you also don't need to worry about the support, because that's their job.

Yes you absolutely can and should report AFK players.

Support will take you seriously and will take action vs the person you report where appropriate. They typically want screenshots and an explaination.

As others have said they probably look for patterns, but that doesn't necessarily mean a lot of reports. One report is probably enough to have them look at a mission history and a mission history of the same node, event or series of alerts with 0 kills and AFK flags logged or chat logs about them being AFK...

The drama people try to start to defend AFK'ers is irrelevant and you don't need to engage them because the policy on this has been made clear and will be made clear again in support's response to your report: "We take reports of this nature seriously, and will be following up on the information you have provided to us.".

Edited by VKhaun

17 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

All your points are absolutely valid and I would definitely be pissed off... in invited group. But in public? Why not? Maybe with the exception of Loki switching for the 20th time in 2 minutes all others can be caused by lack of knowledge or real live issues. A bit of talk can go much longer way or if you don't feel like this just note down offending player's name and quit.

29 minutes ago, gluih said:

The chances of seeing someone again are quite low.

Quite the oposite. Both of you already play in the same region around the same time and relatively close to each other to matchmaking matching you.

Edited by (XB1)Deflinek