Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cheapest way to get Frost Prime

(XBOX)Sunbreaker VII

Question

As the title suggests, I'd like to know the cheapest method of acquiring a frost prime set.

I currently have roughly 550 platinum with a steady income from syndicate mods and void farming.
I know I'd be looking to spend about 1K+, but would it be better to buy the set, or hunt down the individual blueprints?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: Also, roughly how much would each individual blueprint cost?

Edited by (XB1)Sunbreaker VII

I actually think the set is the better way to go. For example, with ember prime, I had two full sets. Everybody was only looking for one piece that nobody has. However I wasnt willing to split my sets up. So I waited until somebody wanted to buy the whole thing.

If there are pieces that are more rare than others, you could end up finding yourself with a missing piece that is difficult to get. Then youve just wasted plat on stuff you cant even use. Finding somebody selling a set is much easier than trying to deal with individual parts.

5 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

I actually think the set is the better way to go. For example, with ember prime, I had two full sets. Everybody was only looking for one piece that nobody has. However I wasnt willing to split my sets up. So I waited until somebody wanted to buy the whole thing.

If there are pieces that are more rare than others, you could end up finding yourself with a missing piece that is difficult to get. Then youve just wasted plat on stuff you cant even use. Finding somebody selling a set is much easier than trying to deal with individual parts.

Thanks. I was going for a set originally, but thought it might be CHEAPER to buy parts. But obviously it's EASIER to get the whole thing. At what point then are you willing to spend more to alleviate the difficulty?

So how much then should I spend on the set? Less than 1K would be great if possible.

Well, I bought my Frost Prime bp by bp and I spent about 600 plat on him. The most expensive were his systems and his blueprint. Keep waiting, and his price will skyrocket like Ember's. Or, you can wait till Christmas!

32 minutes ago, (XB1)Sunbreaker VII said:

Thanks. I was going for a set originally, but thought it might be CHEAPER to buy parts. But obviously it's EASIER to get the whole thing. At what point then are you willing to spend more to alleviate the difficulty?

So how much then should I spend on the set? Less than 1K would be great if possible.

I couldnt speculate on xb1 prices, as im on pc. But "CHEAPEST" is relative depending on how much time you are willing to spend trying to get it. The ultimate cheapest way would be to wait until he is unvaulted again. Then you can farm him yourself, and you will have spent ZERO plat. Realistically, theres nothing different between the two frames in regards to the abilities, and the minor differences in stats are not going to make or break the mission even at super high level.

So i venture to say that whatever reasons you have for seeking it out, is your value in line with the value that others have placed on it? And in the end, are you willing to compromise your money for your time?

15 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

I couldnt speculate on xb1 prices, as im on pc. But "CHEAPEST" is relative depending on how much time you are willing to spend trying to get it. The ultimate cheapest way would be to wait until he is unvaulted again. Then you can farm him yourself, and you will have spent ZERO plat. Realistically, theres nothing different between the two frames in regards to the abilities, and the minor differences in stats are not going to make or break the mission even at super high level.

So i venture to say that whatever reasons you have for seeking it out, is your value in line with the value that others have placed on it? And in the end, are you willing to compromise your money for your time?

It wouldn't be a waste of money, as my platinum comes from in game.  A big part of the game for me is the trading, and amassing platinum. But what good is that if I have no long term goal in mind? I want to get frost prime, sure, because for me, completing the game is having max rank everything.
    Perhaps a better question would be - If not frost prime, what would be the best long term goal of platinum trading?

Edited by (XB1)Sunbreaker VII

The individual pieces have a higher chance of ultimately yielding lower prices; however, be very careful when buying parts individually. As previously mentioned, a good method is to search for the "rarer" part first, then move on to more abundant pieces. You don't want to spend hundreds of plat on 3 pieces but then can't get the last part and have everything being "useless". For Frost Prime, the old void yielded the least amount of BPs and Systems. HOWEVER, with his un-vaulting the rarity switches to Chassis. If I have to list by order of rarity (rarest to least) I'd go: BP > Chassis > System > Helmet.

At the moment, none of us really know when Frost Prime will make a return. However, I suggest you wait at least until the 2nd part (star chart) of U19 is release to see which direction DE is taking. This should be within the next month (definitely before TennoCon; July 9th). Depending on what exactly is with the new Star Chart, prices will change accordingly.

99% of items in Warframe will come back. When? SoonTM 

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Sunbreaker VII said:

It wouldn't be a waste of money, as my platinum comes from in game.  A big part of the game for me is the trading, and amassing platinum. But what good is that if I have no long term goal in mind? I want to get frost prime, sure, because for me, completing the game is having max rank everything.
    Perhaps a better question would be - If not frost prime, what would be the best long term goal of platinum trading?

Thats a tough question to answer. All I can do is shed some light from a founder's perspective with ~2400 hrs in the game. Personally I have never bought anything from anybody for platinum. I dont even really trade unless im just giving something away, usually to a clan member. The only things in the game that you can't buy with credits, are cosmetic items.

Im not really into the whole cosmetic thing to begin with (floaty scarfs are not very appealing to me), so the platinum from stuff ive sold usually went to a few color packs, maybe a skin here or there, slots for weapons and frames, and perhaps a few other minor things. In all honesty, I dont really even use the platinum that Ive acquired over the years. Im still sitting on around 4k.

I suppose I could be more efficient with its use by using it on newer content like the last vauban part I still need. I can surely afford it, but then Id have nothing left to do. At least right now I have something to work towards and keep me busy. So my plat sits there for a rainy day i guess.

23 minutes ago, Faulcun said:

Thats a tough question to answer. All I can do is shed some light from a founder's perspective with ~2400 hrs in the game. Personally I have never bought anything from anybody for platinum. I dont even really trade unless im just giving something away, usually to a clan member. The only things in the game that you can't buy with credits, are cosmetic items.

Im not really into the whole cosmetic thing to begin with (floaty scarfs are not very appealing to me), so the platinum from stuff ive sold usually went to a few color packs, maybe a skin here or there, slots for weapons and frames, and perhaps a few other minor things. In all honesty, I dont really even use the platinum that Ive acquired over the years. Im still sitting on around 4k.

I suppose I could be more efficient with its use by using it on newer content like the last vauban part I still need. I can surely afford it, but then Id have nothing left to do. At least right now I have something to work towards and keep me busy. So my plat sits there for a rainy day i guess.

If FashionFrame doesn't jiggle your jelly, have you try NoggleFrame?

Back to OP question: Use plat to buy cosmetics, color palettes, etc. Use time to farm parts. 

5 hours ago, (XB1)Sunbreaker VII said:

As the title suggests, I'd like to know the cheapest method of acquiring a frost prime set.

I currently have roughly 550 platinum with a steady income from syndicate mods and void farming.
I know I'd be looking to spend about 1K+, but would it be better to buy the set, or hunt down the individual blueprints?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: Also, roughly how much would each individual blueprint cost?

I got all my parts/bp from solo void exterminate missions, despite what all the guides say.

Edited by Oldgrey

6 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

If FashionFrame doesn't jiggle your jelly, have you try NoggleFrame?

Back to OP question: Use plat to buy cosmetics, color palettes, etc. Use time to farm parts. 

I know you are joking, so ill hold all of my expletives to describe my distaste for all that....... youthful enthusiastic "end game"

Edited by Faulcun