Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lunaro Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Danielle

Well I would start by saying the changes so far have been very good, visibility, tackles, etc. They have been flushed out pretty well. But the requirement of having all 6 players before the game will start makes it basically impossible to play now. I enjoyed playing the 1v1s and 2v2s.But now there doesn't seem to be enough players all at one time to get a game started. I understand the need for balance and not having those 1v2 or 3v1, etc. But where things are right now getting into a game takes forever, if you ever even do get a whole group.

I feel like the system would work much better if the requirement for a game to start is even teams. Not specifically 3v3, but allow for 2v2 and 1v1 as well. When trying to get more players into an ongoing game, maybe start them out in spectator mode until the teams are even again. Say a 1v1 and one player joins, they would be in spectator mode until another player joins and makes it a 2v2. This could work pretty well and it would be interesting to be able to watch a players movements and counters to try and improve your own skills. 

I posted this elsewhere but then realized it probably should be on the mega thread.

With the recent hotfix, lunaro is no longer fun and getting into a game is terrible. This is because the hotfix promotes even more rage quitting.

1. When there's < 6 players in lobby and 2 minutes pass by people quit.
  2. When said players quit in lobby, then the game starts uneven if there is a host migration.
  3. When the enemy gets a 6 point lead, locking out reinforcements, people quit.
  4. When the game hits halftime, locking out reinforcements, people quit.
  5. When the teams become uneven, people quit.
  6. When you score a goal the timer stops during the cinema. People can score within 5 seconds of the cinema ending and then you watch another 5 second replay. Just forces you to play a losing match even longer then necessary.

What I propose:

• When there's 2v2 at least then start the match because anything less (1v1) is silly, but I'd rather 1v1 then not be able to play at all due to current 3v3 requirement.
  • Block host migrations from starting the game. If someone leaves to trigger a migration, chances are the game will start uneven which isn't the intention of the hotfix.
  • When players drop in they must wait in spectator mode for another player if the game will be uneven upon their entry. Nobody likes 1v2 or 2v3. (At the very least give the losing team the extra player and not just "sun" before "moon" like it is now).
  • The 6 point/half-time lockouts need to be removed. If you're down a man getting steam rolled, you want the reinforcements. Hell, you could even add bonus standing to those who drop in on the losing side to encourage them to stay.
  • Remove the timer freeze during the scoring replay. All conclave modes are 10 minutes but lunaro can hit 20 minutes if you are scoring a lot.
  • When the enemy is so many points ahead, or if a certain score gets reached first then end the match because at some point you just give up and want a fresh start. Don't make players fight a losing battle for 20 minutes.

If they penalize people for leaving then I will no longer play lunaro or go near it with a 10-foot pole. Not only does losing prevent you from getting help but losing prolongs the match to boot. The game's core screams, LEAVE! However, they will likely penalize leaving without fixing what makes people want to leave in the first place sadly.

Edited by LethalAffliction

Something has to be done about the leaving though, I don't think I've ever joined a Lunaro game from the start, I keep getting put into teams that doesn't know basic keybinds/mechanics getting crushed by a group of players that at least know you can pass, I've played 10+ Lunaro matches so far and I've gotten crushed in all of them, it's really awful.

Honestly why can the enemy attack and take the ball a split second after it drops? (would make a lot more sense if the recently scored against team is invulnerable until they leave their zone) Why can they just pummel the goalie to get the ball to score? (Would make more sense if you couldn't hit defending players either right in front of the goal or their zone period) It's like sports but without any real rules beyond "get x into y" the game doesn't reward any real skill, just bashing until the ball happens to be in your possession or flies away. And jumping pretty much breaks the mechanics of the game, someone jumping can't be blocked or checked. Why can you hit players without the ball? Why can the ball carrier hit people? DE wanted to reduce checking but it hasn't been reduced at all.

Content request: Counter play (or some kind of play) for unstable Lunaro.

At the moment there is no counter play to an unstable Lunaro coming your way.

Even if its gonna be a goal against you (by the enemy) or if your team is the one who charged it, which can make sense risk/reward-wise and situationally.

However, my suggestion is make it so that hitting the Lunaro (Clicking fire) and not checking is a way to deal with them, that way a goalie has a chance against an enemy charged shot and you can even defend against, deflect, re-angle (and maybe even make plays with) an unstable Lunaro. And thematically it makes sense this way since your body can't handle the hit but your Arcata was built for the Lunaro.

Because a charged shot is ment so that you can't catch the ball, hitting it with your Arcata would be a harder solution and would not be OP since a goalie would have to see, reacting to and jump then deflecting a charged shot. Whcih would take a lot of skill/planning/timing/reflexes.

]\'[

Edited by MokutoBunshi
Elaboration on the content requested.

I understand why the recent hotfix was implemented, the problem is that it doesn't work well with players that come to play with friends. I personally play Lunaro with a friend. We would like to be in the same team, but if there isn't anyone else then we have to play against each other. Could you guys do something about it? Maybe just put people in the same group in the same team and wait for the rest?

I'm out of Lunaro. I was really hyped for it, played it exclusively since its launch. But as time passes, the truth hurts. If you're not a keyboard player, they you're not going to have fun there. Have fun guys, back to PvE where skill keybinding doesn't matter so much.

Lunaro should not have been set back to 1v1, as whenever I join with my friend, we are put against each other even if we want to play together, we get no choice in the matter. 2V2 would have been a much better compromise 

1 minute ago, Ronger97 said:

Lunaro should not have been set back to 1v1, as whenever I join with my friend, we are put against each other even if we want to play together, we get no choice in the matter. 2V2 would have been a much better compromise 

too bad for you, 99% of the other people are happy with the change, at least now we can actually play instead of waiting for hours for the lobby to fill up and in the end everyone leaves

I agree however there should be more customization options for the lobby you are creating...

Edited by BlackVortex

QOL Suggestion : at the end of a match, have a UI kinda like defense or interception that asks whether you want to stay or go. Right now, it assumes you want to stay, and more often than not, after a host change, you are forced into another game before you get to press the leave button.

If the goal is to have tournaments at some point then we need to be on the same team as the people we enter the game in squad with. My guild would like to start getting some regular teams together and practice together, but at the moment that isn't possible. IF people join as a squad then place the squad on the same team, it shouldn't be that difficult.

8 hours ago, MokutoBunshi said:

Content request: Counter play (or some kind of play) for unstable Lunaro.

At the moment there is no counter play to an unstable Lunaro coming your way.

Even if its gonna be a goal against you (by the enemy) or if your team is the one who charged it, which can make sense risk/reward-wise and situationally

Not true. You can deflect a unstable Lunaro with a melee strike such as the shoulder tackle.

I'm not sure whether or not someone has said/complained anything about the ball flying up way too high in the air when one team scores. This is a major issue for me because this dealio with the gravity-defying ball launching high enough to basically say it could touch the ceiling is that this gives the opposing team more chances to score for an unlimited amount as the defending fumbles around trying or waiting for the ball to even drop. And when the ball is actually able to get by the defending team the opposing team usually already jumps in and gets the ball and scores as none or a single defender are ready after gliding around trying to get the ball. A solution to this, or an idea I should say, is that the opposing team CANNOT enter the defending team's area until they clear the ball out this way they are able to regroup as a team better and have a better chance in winning the game. With this solution comes beneficial results mainly a more balanced game and the idea that the defenders are able to recollect their strategy, formation, and emotions (mostly frustration and anger). However this can only happen if the DEVs are able to code the game so that the opposing can't enter the defending team's area until the ball is cleared out. Another issue that I have, along with many or few others I believe, is the role of being goalie. I know in the stream where the DE versed Youtubers they had mentioned the saves not being counted as the area in which you save the ball isn't actually counted due to it not being specific enough, but I thought that an extra voice in the matter would be helpful to the overall fix or cleansing if you please in the game mode of Lunaro. In addition, I also support the idea of fixing the goalie role to make it easier for anyone trying to fill in this role, because I was on a team once where one of my teammates wanted to practice being goalie but it was just too difficult a role as he/she had to shift between goalie, defender, and attacker because of the way the goalie's role is, especially the issue with the ball sometimes just passing through us goalies, or not catching it when we are basically laying on top of it... 

I believe that is all I have to say for now about the issues I mainly face in Lunaro so thank you for all who took your time reading this post and hopefully those issues mentioned may be fixed soonish or whenever there's time, maybe after the rest of update 19 is out.

I'm sure this has been mentioned to death but checking has got to go. If this game mode isn't supposed to be about violence then why is the winning strategy to just beat the S#&amp;&#036; out of whoever gets the ball?

I really want to love this mode but as it stands I just hate every second I'm playing it because of checking. It just makes me want to play a game that does this concept right like supraball or rocket league.

5 hours ago, Robopope said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned to death but checking has got to go. If this game mode isn't supposed to be about violence then why is the winning strategy to just beat the S#&amp;&#036; out of whoever gets the ball?

I really want to love this mode but as it stands I just hate every second I'm playing it because of checking. It just makes me want to play a game that does this concept right like supraball or rocket league.

I still feel that checking a player who doesnt have the ball should go, I don't mind punishing players carrying the ball getting checked though

14 hours ago, The_Snowflake_from_Hell said:

Not true. You can deflect a unstable Lunaro with a melee strike such as the shoulder tackle.

Yeah I tested it, the only difference is if you deflect it, it still knocks you down.... which admittedly is a cool effect. However, even though it makes sense to knock you down when you tackle I think the arcata swing (clicking fire button) should allow to deflect it without falling down... that way it has its own risk/reward.

]\'[

So guys my friend and I had an idea tell me what you think. Basically there's a conclave relay where you go to que up for lunaro and PvP. The way it works is just like the dueling in the dojo, everyone sits on the six seats or whatever and it'll send you into the game once their all full. That way match making is up to the players and not the system.

(Also a lunaro practice room in the dojo would be so fun)

1. Maybe an easy tweak would be to give the losing team new members as they join to try and even it out.  Ex.: There have been so many times I've been on the winning team after 1-2 minutes, and then they give me another player, so the losing team either quits or gets clobbered for the remaining 10+ minutes of the game unless one of us decides to sit out of the action and just watch.

2. Use Leaderboard or make a Ladder system to balance teams.  Even teams out at matchmaking using Win/Loss ratio or maybe just Wins.  

3. I would love to see some sort of voting system put into play at the beginning and/or at half time - either a vote to start the game as-is (1v2 or 2v3)
or a vote at half time to either continue or forfeit/rematch(Get rid of the 6-point lockout!), very much like co-op wave missions where you can see who wants to leave.

4. Slaughter Rule! 10-12 points is more of a lead than I've ever seen a team recover from.  You can even use pre-existing voice-overs! ("Sun is (1) point from victory")

Edit:
BUG: Every time I change my arcata's appearence loadout (A/B/C), it changes the arcatas' appearances on all conclave loadouts.

And here's a fun screenshot of my Moon Nova =]:

Spoiler

scEyEsE.jpg?1

Edited by maxophone

To reiterate a point, add an x number of points win condition (like in volleyball). First to 25/30 wins,you can even add the "win by 2 points ahead" rule for those really close games. Ideally it'd be first to 20 points, this will keep games short if one team is dominating the other. I'm not asking to remove the time limit, rather add a winning condition to speed up losing games.

Some have said this before, I'll say it again, Lunaro is unplayable with friends right now, I can't queue and play with friends and clan mates at all, the match starts and I'm pitted against them, none of them want to play against me since it's a super one-sided match, a compromise is needed here, so that neither solo queuers nor group queuers are alienated.

We need a timer on the clear zone part. Players should have to stay outside the adversary zone for at least 2 seconds after scoring a goal so the other team can actually come out with ball and attempt to form an attack, otherwise players that just scored the goal can just rush right into the adversary zone and take the ball before them and score again.

Also, please let us bind passing and throwing to different keys.

Lunaro looks boring from day to day.

Usually you can see a player that playing alone , throws,catch,runs,jumps,pass to himself and scores 10-15 goals when rest 5 players can't catch him (even from their own team).so 20 minutes looks like wasting time - make a delay for players to collect Lunaro after they threw it. 

Make a game finishing after reaches 10 points difference (conclave reward will be halved).

4 seconds from side to side in arena - too fast - or arena is too small.

Also saw some (repeating) moves when a player probably using a macro (also maybe double button). This is not really makes sense.

If it is a final version of Lunaro then....mostly it will be not popular.

2 hours ago, DSjk22 said:

Also saw some (repeating) moves when a player probably using a macro (also maybe double button). This is not really makes sense.

Macro are killing competitive games on PC. Not surprising that good fighting and sport games will never have a real success on that platform.

On 6/30/2016 at 11:55 PM, Therebil said:

So guys my friend and I had an idea tell me what you think. Basically there's a conclave relay where you go to que up for lunaro and PvP. The way it works is just like the dueling in the dojo, everyone sits on the six seats or whatever and it'll send you into the game once their all full. That way match making is up to the players and not the system.

(Also a lunaro practice room in the dojo would be so fun)

or let us build a 2v2 mini lunaro arena in dojo :D

at least we get the hang out fo clan dojo as hanging out palce with calnmates even more with this, and if it's triggered with the sitting spot likeduel room, prepare 2 seat on each side/team so you can choose who youw ant to ally with