Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE VOID IS DOOMED!

Lumamaster

2 minutes ago, WARLOCKE said:

So what happens to our void keys?

According to the Devstream they will be converted into the Projections we use to select a drop table before running the missions that have tears.  The tears being what we interact with to get the reward.

Just now, WARLOCKE said:

Yea but I got hundreds of them. Would like to know if i need to burn them post haste.

I can take a few off your hands :tongue: 

It was mentioned not to offload them yet, but who know.  Maybe slowly work your way through them and then go from there?

2 minutes ago, AnonNyx said:

That or either skyrocket it as people may not keep prime parts anymore and just pump it in to the next tear for a better chance at the item they want.

You mean the prices will skyrocket? Anyhow, it's hard to predict given we don't even know the details... But if a part is required somehow to open the next tear, then it will cause scarcity of the parts that are common as of now.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

You mean the prices will skyrocket? Anyhow, it's hard to predict given we don't even know the details... But if a part is required somehow to open the next tear, then it will cause scarcity of the parts that are common as of now.

Don't forget about the limited plat buyers demand and resell value. This will help prices from reaching obnoxious heights.

Edited by Vaxillian

25 minutes ago, Katinka said:

More like:

1.  Take a Void Key Projection that gives the drops you want (no different to now)

2.  Run a mission type of your choice (more freedom than now)

3.  Claim reward from Projection along with Residue (equivalent to getting end of mission reward now, plus bonus that applies next...)

4.  Repeat, using Residue so you don't repeat as often (shorter grind than now)

Is it truly like this? I wasn't able to watch devstream and still am not, so I'd like some clarification on how it is supposed to work. If it's like you say, no one will run survivals/defences only quick captures/exterminates. Some people will play them for the fun of it, I'm sure but I do believe that those mission types will be abandoned.

I take it every mission type and every tier is going to be available at any time? If so will there be a difference whether I run T1 or T4? I assume that loot tables still have to be divided somehow (and stuff like cores and orokin cells removed)?

3 minutes ago, Lijka said:

Is it truly like this? I wasn't able to watch devstream and still am not, so I'd like some clarification on how it is supposed to work. If it's like you say, no one will run survivals/defences only quick captures/exterminates. Some people will play them for the fun of it, I'm sure but I do believe that those mission types will be abandoned.

I take it every mission type and every tier is going to be available at any time? If so will there be a difference whether I run T1 or T4? I assume that loot tables still have to be divided somehow (and stuff like cores and orokin cells removed)?

yes, tiers will still be there and modes like survival and defense will still be valued. I'm not sure about mods and resources being removed but I do know that they said they will be making a dev workshop on it sometime soon to explain.

But keep in mind, this chart as gone through so many changes long term and short term and you as well as everyone should expect it to change again so not everything is concrete.

2 minutes ago, Lijka said:

There will be loot tables but they will be shown in-game instead of having to come here/wiki to see what you need.  The impression I got was that there will be different Projections (much like different Keys now) and each will have it's own drop table listed in the Codex.

The Devstream showed a drop down menu in Navigation (much like Alerts etc. have) which had 7 missions available with Void Tears.  I didn't catch what they all were but it may be that Capture and Exterminate will not always be there as easy options. (Although, isn't that what happens with Derelict Vault runs anyway?) 

It was also mentioned that we would have to interact with the Tear in mission and deal with enemies that come from it.  There may be challenge there even if the base mission is easy.

36 minutes ago, Katinka said:

More like:

1.  Take a Void Key Projection that gives the drops you want (no different to now)

2.  Run a mission type of your choice (more freedom than now)

3.  Claim reward from Projection along with Residue (equivalent to getting end of mission reward now, plus bonus that applies next...)

4.  Repeat, using Residue so you don't repeat as often (shorter grind than now)

put in residue means better rewards.

And im hella sure to get the top tier rewards is going to require a lot of residue.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Just now, Mak_Gohae said:

put in residue means better rewards.

And im hella sore to get the top tier rewards is going to require a lot of residue.

It probably will but right now I can chase a 5% drop chance for over 20 missions and still have nothing for it.  If instead that gives me 20 sets of Residue that increase that drop chance to <more than 5%> I'm still happy for some bonus however small.  We are getting freedom to play different maps, mission types and enemies and a method to improve drop chances for the unlucky.  I don't see this as a bad thing.

38 minutes ago, GamingNappyShaman said:

Very good question. Maybe they're transferred into their respective projections?

in the stream steve said all the keys will be turned into the new projections, so the keys arnt being wasted but being turned into the new system

5 minutes ago, Katinka said:

It probably will but right now I can chase a 5% drop chance for over 20 missions and still have nothing for it.  If instead that gives me 20 sets of Residue that increase that drop chance to <more than 5%> I'm still happy for some bonus however small.  We are getting freedom to play different maps, mission types and enemies and a method to improve drop chances for the unlucky.  I don't see this as a bad thing.

dont start throwing numbers around, wait until it's out.

This is a F2P game, they are not going to easily hand out stuff.

Just now, Mak_Gohae said:

dont start throwing numbers around, wait until it's out.

This is a F2P game, they are not going to easily hand out stuff.

Numbers were used merely for the sake of example.  5% is a fairly understood rare drop chance and 20 runs is the common misconception of what you need to get that (even though anyone who actually knows about probabilty wouldn't be surprised if you didn't get it).  They were not intended to be indicative of current or future drop chances in the game and that's why I intentionally described the drop chance with Residue as simply more than 5% and not a specific value.

4 hours ago, Ibro156 said:

You get this thing called "resigil" as a left over

3 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

put in residue means better rewards

4 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

It's "residue"

It's "residual".

Edited by LazerSkink

Why does this feel like this is an effort to push players into buying the (imo overpriced) prime access package...

Also curious as to how this will affect ducats (sale of prime parts) for the void trader...